It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Fired After Giving Trump's Motorcade the Finger.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Alternate title: 1st Amendment Rights vs Being a Dumbass.

I Read this in the paper this morning and thought it was a really stupid thing to do. Not the finger. I'm a big fan of that but then to go to your bosses, who are government contractors, and tell them about it? What the hell did she expect?

The Virginia woman who gave President Trump’s motorcade a one-finger salute as it was leaving his Virginia golf course — a gesture that immediately went viral — said she was fired from her job at a company that does work with the government.

Juli Briskman told the Huffington Post on Saturday that after photos of her flipping off the presidential caravan while riding a bike Oct. 28 started appearing online and in news reports, she thought she should alert her employer, Akima LLC, a government contractor.

When she returned to work that Monday, Oct. 30, she informed the company’s human resources department.

Briskman, a 50-year-old mother of two, was fired the next day.

nypost.com...

She goes on further with a deflection ploy. I NEVER buy those. Guilty is guilty no matter what someone else does. I also found this funny:

... it was a gut reaction to flip him off.

“He was passing by and my blood just started to boil,” she said. “I’m thinking, DACA recipients are getting kicked out,” she said. “He pulled ads for open enrollment in ObamaCare. Only one-third of Puerto Rico has power. I’m thinking, he’s at the damn golf course again.”

Gut reaction with all that rolling around in her head? Yeah. Flip the Prez the bird. Tell your family and friends. Tell the mailman. Tell them down at the pizza parlor but don't tell your boss. That's just stupid. She deserves to be fired for being a dumbass if nothing else.

It doesn't say in this article but the one I read said she's contacted the ACLU.

(post by GuidedKill removed for political trolling and baiting)
+8 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
So she was fired for flipping Trump the bird in her own time.

Doesn't seem like she should be fired to me.

Am I missing something with this?

I don't see why she was fired.
edit on 7-11-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Most people just don't know how to conduct themselves, they don't understand some very basic simple concepts of how to be "professional".

Used to be a normal thing that just about anyone could grasp. These days, it's like finding a golden ticket in a wonka bar.

The problem is, the dumb ones breed...a lot. They pass their stupidity down from generation to generation. I've come to realize that all the intelligent people in the world have failed humanity. We all should have been #ing like rabits in a fruitless, thou enjoyable, attempt to outpace the dolts.

I believe we've failed.

+19 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Virginia is at will employment, they can fire her for pretty much any reason they want.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Most people just don't know how to conduct themselves, they don't understand some very basic simple concepts of how to be "professional".

Used to be a normal thing that just about anyone could grasp. These days, it's like finding a golden ticket in a wonka bar.

The problem is, the dumb ones breed...a lot. They pass their stupidity down from generation to generation. I've come to realize that all the intelligent people in the world have failed humanity. We all should have been #ing like rabits in a fruitless, thou enjoyable, attempt to outpace the dolts.

I believe we've failed.

Or maybe we are just busy at work providing for our families to take a week day off to ride our bicycles in the middle of the work day and flip off the President....

Or maybe it wasn't a weekday but who really cares lol.

edit on 7-11-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Virginia is at will employment, they can fire her for pretty much any reason they want.

So you basically have no employment rights and protection.

Well that sucks.

surly she can sue them though now for unfair dismissal?

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

No.

She was fired for using the image in her social media profiles as her image in violation of company rules.

The next day, she was fired. Akima said that because she had used the photo on her Facebook and Twitter accounts, she was in violation of the company's social media policy.

Link.

edit on 7-11-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
link   
At will state, bosses were federal contractors... yep she was about as sharp as a bowling ball.

+6 more 
link   

So you basically have no employment rights and protection.

There are non-discrimination laws that must be followed but if your company has a social media policy like this one did and you violate it they can fire you without consequence.

surly she can sue them though now for unfair dismissal?

No, she cannot.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
If I saw President Trump I'd probably flip him off too.

If my middle finger offends people more than the #savemelania trends and calling Michelle Obama a transgender gorilla than sobeit lol

We truly do live in a progressives wet dream. Hypersensitive wimps who get outraged at everything

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

hmmmmm yes, eugenics thats the answer to someone giving Trump the finger.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

in what world are you living in.

on the plus side, she will be able to retire early after she sue their motorcade off.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I hate to see people fired for things like this.

But this is the world we live in now.

Instead of firing, they should have discussed with her how this could hurt their business and given her another chance.

+21 more 
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
in what world are you living in.

The one where Virginia is at will employment.

link   

originally posted by: loam

No.

She was fired for using the image in her social media profile as her image in violation of company rules.

Thats nuts!

So basically then her company must have some kind of policy that says they must adhere to these rules when using any of their own private social media.

So if she posted a Meme about Trump is that now a sackable offence.

Honestly this absurd, if this is the standard then they might as well fire their entire workforce.

+4 more 
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Of course you don't she should have been fired. You hate Trump and probably think she needs promoted.

Truth is, the company she worked for does government work. I'm sure they might think of future contracts with said government might be in jeapordy, with employees disrespecting their employer?

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Alternate title: 1st Amendment Rights vs Being a Dumbass.

I Read this in the paper this morning and thought it was a really stupid thing to do. Not the finger. I'm a big fan of that but then to go to your bosses, who are government contractors, and tell them about it? What the hell did she expect?

The Virginia woman who gave President Trump’s motorcade a one-finger salute as it was leaving his Virginia golf course — a gesture that immediately went viral — said she was fired from her job at a company that does work with the government.

Juli Briskman told the Huffington Post on Saturday that after photos of her flipping off the presidential caravan while riding a bike Oct. 28 started appearing online and in news reports, she thought she should alert her employer, Akima LLC, a government contractor.

When she returned to work that Monday, Oct. 30, she informed the company’s human resources department.

Briskman, a 50-year-old mother of two, was fired the next day.

nypost.com...

She goes on further with a deflection ploy. I NEVER buy those. Guilty is guilty no matter what someone else does. I also found this funny:

... it was a gut reaction to flip him off.

“He was passing by and my blood just started to boil,” she said. “I’m thinking, DACA recipients are getting kicked out,” she said. “He pulled ads for open enrollment in ObamaCare. Only one-third of Puerto Rico has power. I’m thinking, he’s at the damn golf course again.”

Gut reaction with all that rolling around in her head? Yeah. Flip the Prez the bird. Tell your family and friends. Tell the mailman. Tell them down at the pizza parlor but don't tell your boss. That's just stupid. She deserves to be fired for being a dumbass if nothing else.

It doesn't say in this article but the one I read said she's contacted the ACLU.

Well... since she lives in America she has a right to express herself openly, like any other grade school kid. Given the way labor laws are written in America... would love to know the REAL reason she was fired... although, presuming she worked for a private company... not a very far stretch that it was determined her personal behavior wasn't congruent with her employers "values".

Hope it was worth it...

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Of course you don't she should have been fired. You hate Trump and probably think she needs promoted.

Truth is, the company she worked for does government work. I'm sure they might think of future contracts with said government might be in jeapordy, with employees disrespecting their employer?

If this were Obama I would be saying the same thing.

Regardless of who is getting the finger (ewww) nobody should be sacked for this, like another member said, perhaps a warning of some kind.

Also It would be pretty stupid if Trump was going around not giving out government contracts to people because they have employees who might have at one point said something disparaging about him. Hell if that was the standard then nobody would be getting any contracts.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

No.

She was fired for using the image in her social media profile as her image in violation of company rules.

Someone else took the photograph of her, as it's photographed from behind.

Something doesn't add up.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join