It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diplomats fear Tillerson transparency push is linked to Clinton emails

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
www.politico.com...

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson’s assignment of as many as several hundred State Department officials to quickly clear a huge backlog of public records requests is being met with deep skepticism by rank-and-file employees.

While many of the people assigned to open-records duty are lower-level staffers and interns, some have previously held prestigious posts, helping shape U.S. foreign policy and engaging in high-level diplomacy.

Oh cry me a river... good grief.

Most government job descriptions come with the caveat "Performs all other duties as assigned".

Which gets rid of the " It ain't my job" argument.

It would be such a terrible thing to clear a huge backlog.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

"While many of the people assigned to open-records duty are lower-level staffers and interns, some have previously held prestigious posts, helping shape U.S. foreign policy and engaging in high-level diplomacy."

That quote from Politico is sucha pile.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

WAaaah. They are lucky they still have jobs considering some of the great international policies they helped create during the past Administration. Whomever decided it was ok for the Muslim Brotherhood to take over Egypt for example, should be cleaning bathrooms as far as I'm concerned. The further away they are from policy formation, the better.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Well if they are worried about Hillary Clinton, they must already know there's some damning information yet to be released !!

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I am sure a lot of the back log is because of them dragging their feet on Judicial Watch FOIA . Even the FBI is playing the slow game so maybe Sessions can get on their case as well .

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
www.politico.com...

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson’s assignment of as many as several hundred State Department officials to quickly clear a huge backlog of public records requests is being met with deep skepticism by rank-and-file employees.

While many of the people assigned to open-records duty are lower-level staffers and interns, some have previously held prestigious posts, helping shape U.S. foreign policy and engaging in high-level diplomacy.

Oh cry me a river... good grief.

Most government job descriptions come with the caveat "Performs all other duties as assigned".

Which gets rid of the " It ain't my job" argument.

It would be such a terrible thing to clear a huge backlog.

Of course they don't like it. Under the most transparent administration of all time they just didn't care about the laws. FOIA has been ignored or marginalized for way too many years.

It's about time.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
It is a lot of work to keep things hid and keep shuffling them off. If they quit doing that, they could easily get more of the things done. Maybe it is time to clean house there, especially the people at the top. Seems that the bosses are not being even close to efficient in their government job. I have met people who are at the top of government agencies, they can have a big head and blame everything on their employees while they make things complicated to hide what they want to hide.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
They all sound like Hillary supyncophants,
maybe they should go,work on her campaign...

Oh wait!

new topics

top topics

join