It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOOD NEWS - Its Looking Like The ObamaCare Penalty-Tax Will Be Gone Before 2018.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: introvert

Were they put in jail?

How many homeless and poor were put in jail for not paying their dues?

I don't know, I didn't say anything about jail...The IRS can seize any part or all of your refund in order to satisfy your obligation, so if you are poor and you do not sign up and do not pay you can lose income tax return or credit.

The post I responded to was in reference to people being imprisoned.

How many were imprisoned?
edit on 6-11-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

How many were imprisoned?

Lol why do you keep asking that when I said I don't know...I didn't say anything about jail...lol dude....

I do know my healthcare cost went up about 5 times... I also know Obamacare is not sustainable and they knew that from day one.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Lol why do you keep asking that when I said I don't know...I didn't say anything about jail...lol dude....

That was the premise of the post I responded to.

Did you not read it?

I do know my healthcare cost went up about 5 times... I also know Obamacare is not sustainable and they knew that from day one.

Of course it's not sustainable.

Not sure why Obama went with an idea the Republicans invented, the individual mandate, instead of what he originally wanted, a single-payer system.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
a reply to: introvert

That is incorrect. In some states, like Alabama, there is one insurer and no one gets free insurance. You can qualify for subsidies depending on your income and such but the cost is increasing 36% over last years cost which increased 28% from the year before. Overall Alabama healthcare costs have increased a total of 223%. Everybody pays.

Since this penalty is in the form of a tax, any penalty or punishment you could expect from not paying your taxes applies. Forcing someone to buy something they don't want and/or cant afford and punishing them financially for not buying it is criminal in my book. Its called extortion, racketeering at the very least. Buying this health insurance is akin to buying protection from the mafia.

How many were jailed?

I cant answer that, at least not at the moment. My response was to your statement that people can get the insurance for free. They can not. I will see what I can find on the jail issue.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Trueman
I don't want anything with the name Obama on it anyway.

If the ACA isn't 100% repealed, you won't be able to avoid Obama's grasp. Two new taxes in the next 2 years will hit everyone who is an employee, or an employer.

It isn't about the money.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I don't want anything with the name Obama on it anyway.

If the ACA isn't 100% repealed, you won't be able to avoid Obama's grasp. Two new taxes in the next 2 years will hit everyone who is an employee, or an employer.

It isn't about the money.

I know. The reason ObamaCare was so despised initially, was because it sliced away a bit of American freedom. Americans don't like to be forced to do things. Particularly by the government that we elect and fund. Making it against the law to not have government-approved health insurance/care, struck a nerve.

Today, the Deep-State CBO came out with another projection of what ObamaCare would look like, if the U.S. government stopped forcing Americans to have government-approved health insurance.

Getting rid of the requirement that everyone in the country have health insurance coverage would save the government $338 billion over the next decade, according to a Congressional Budget Office analysis released Wednesday.

But that savings would come with 13 million fewer people having insurance coverage by 2027, CBO analysts say. Some of those people would not want to buy insurance, but others couldn't afford it. The study also concludes that premiums would rise 10 percent every year.

SOURCE: www.wnyc.org...

Once again, the Congressional Budget Office attempts to predict human behavior. That's way out of their league, because it's not something you can do with a calcuator. Ex: In 2012, the CBO predicted 31 million on ObamaCare private insurance by the end of 2017. The actual number.....only 9 million. They should stick to estimating costs of bridges and things.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
The Senate released its TAX-CUT/TAX-REFORM bill today. But it's already in some trouble because the Corporate Tax-Rate reduction from 35% to 20%, will NOT OCCUR UNTIL 2019. Reason cited? "To Save Money". What dumbos! The last time a corporate tax reduction was delayed, a two-year recession occurred first. ("Reagan Recession" 1981-1983)

Placing a repeal of ObamaCare's Individual Mandate in the Tax-Cuts/Reform bill will save the U.S. Government $338 Billion dollars. That's enough savings to not delay tax-cuts at all. They can go into effect immediately.

More Info Here: nypost.com...

I hope President Trump got on the phone during his trip from China to Vietnam today, and lobbied for including the ObamaCare mandate repeal in the tax plan, so tax-cuts can be effective the day he signs the bill.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Tuesday, November 14, 2017

REPEAL of the (almost**) universally hated ACA-ObamaCare Individual Mandate was added to the Senate Tax-Reform bill today.

Senate Republicans slipped the repeal of a key Affordable Care Act provision into their tax bill Tuesday, adding a provision that would allow them to declare a victory on health care while gaining more than $300 billion to offset the cost of tax reform.

The individual mandate is one of the most unpopular parts of the ACA — a requirement that people either buy health insurance or pay a penalty. About 6.5 million taxpayers paid a fine in 2016, according to a January letter sent by IRS Commissioner John Koskinen.

Source: www.washingtonpost.com... 0

**NATURALLY, the usual suspects are crying "FOUL!".

Not so happy are a group of doctors and insurers who wrote a letter to congressional leaders asking them to reconsider. The consequences of eliminating the mandate, they write, will be dire.

Source, w/letter: townhall.com... 399

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Liberal Media and Democrats said repealing the ObamaCare Mandate would bring "chaos" to the nation's healthcare system.

Now that it is actually repealed, as part of the Tax-Cut/Tax-Reform bill that Donald Trump signed into law, liberal media and Democrats have decided to terminate the HYPE and LIES. (At least on THIS subject)

The CBO also predicts that premiums in the markets would spike 10% without Obamacare’s individual mandate as the exchanges are left with a sicker consumer pool. However, for most Obamacare enrollees (those making between 100% and 400% of the Federal Poverty Level), an accompanying increase in federal subsidies will make up for higher premiums.

So, we go from "The sky is falling!", to, "So what...taxpayers will cover the higher premiums for most ObamaCare customers."

The bottom line is that Getting rid the of ObamaCare mandate will have very little effect on the overall health system in this country.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join