It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curry. Delicious Treat or Devilish Bowel Destroyer?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Glad to know it wasn't just me.. for whatever reason I had to have curry a few days ago.. and whats even worse I was playing a game that has a 'curry monster' XD... which was the reason why I wanted it.. and then bam a forum about it.. I think curry Is the word for November.

I had curry so spicy this one time.. entire body sweat.. yeah my god it was soooo good.. Its a shame that its harder to find some good curry on the east coast..

a reply to: FauxMulder

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

I love curry, and curry loves me. Doesn't do much to the bum, but then, I already poop 6x/day.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I love Indian food not just curry. Give me a Chicken Tikka Masala sone pappadam and Tamarind Chutney. Also tandoori naan very nice and Channa masala and potato curry. Did I mention that turmeric is currently touted as very beneficial? Especially for colds
edit on 8-11-2017 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 05:14 AM
link   
South Indian garlic chilli chicken tikka, with a garlic and cheese naan. Absolutely heaven here in Glasgow

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Although I'm fond of the odd chicken tikka masala for its sweet, lovely taste....I usually find myself ordering a meat phall once a month, with a chapatti, poppadom and some naan.

If you don't know what a phall is, it is the rectal destroying, sweat inducing big brother of a vindaloo.

My workmates hate me the next day, my rusty sheriffs badge squeals with the stingiest of pains, but it's worth it.

The worst thing in the world though is belching/burping whilst eating it and some of it coming back up, burns twice as bad for some reason.

The best thing is not being able to eat it all in one sitting and waking up the next day with some left over for breakfast.

Ohhh, my bums twitching just talking about it.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I love me some curry but i've learned a valuable lesson-never have a side of bread with spicy food.

Me and a friend used to eat raw habeneros and I used to dip cubes of cheese into Carolina reaper paste-Carolina reaper being the hottest chilli in the world-and the next day there was no Johnny cash (I think you know what I mean) but the moment you add bread to chilli...it's like there is a jackhammer in your colon.

As for curry the cumin is the key, the aroma itself is drool worthy, and it's versatile. It can be used in a sauce, a paste, and in a baste for chicken...dammit now I want a Korma or a Vindaloo.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

You might want to see a doctor about that.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
There's a place by us which serves a mean Vindaloo...and I mean "mean" too!

It's so frigging hot I instinctively blow on each bite...even when it's only luke warm to the touch! LOL! (true too).

It's pure molten lava!! (and I eat habaneros like candy). It's great, but oh man, is that S# HOT!!!

I love hot food, just as hot as it gets, but that stuff is right next door to my "tap out" button. They must put Bhut Jolokia's or something in that stuff.

edit...they should change the name of that stuff to "Runtodaloo"! In fact, they have several versions of it. They have regular Vindaloo (meh), then they have "Walktodaloo" and for the more adventurous souls (such as yours truly) they have "Jogtodaloo" and my favorite "Sprinttodaloo".

edit on 11/9/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I find a lot of Indian-style curries don't actually have their origins in India, but among various expat communities.

In South Africa (especially in the Durban area) a popular rendition is called "Bunny Chow".

It's a curry served in a portion of hollowed out white bread, and as a take-away, requires no plate or other utensils.
The top layer is eaten with the bread, while the sauce soaks into the lower layers.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

U do realize that a phaal is a limey curry aswell

(post by lektrofellon removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: lektrofellon
U do realize that a phaal is a limey curry aswell

Yeah, yeah, I know. But at least it has flavor, unlike chicken tikka.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I saw this thread a while ago but didn't have anything to add, since I've never eaten curry. I just remembered this video though and it fits perfectly with most of the comments.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
since I've never eaten curry.

Unacceptable! you must go try some.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Stay curry free my friend. Don't listen to the propaganda!

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Don't listen to him, he's Canadian. They eat Pickerel cheeks.

edit on 14-11-2017 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

correct sir, you are correct.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join