It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia says Lebanon has declared war on it

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Gee you talk about things going south ....It looks more like a act of desperation .

BEIRUT (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia said on Monday that Lebanon had declared war against it because of attacks against the Kingdom by the Lebanese Shi‘ite group Hezbollah. Saudi Gulf affairs minister Thamer al-Sabhan told Al-Arabiya TV that Saad al-Hariri, who announced his resignation as Lebanon’s prime minister on Saturday, had been told that acts of “aggression” by Hezbollah “were considered acts of a declaration of war against Saudi Arabia by Lebanon and by the Lebanese Party of the Devil”.
www.reuters.com...

One could Imagine that both Iraq and Syria might have said the same thing about SA with ISIS There seems to be other news sources for this "Is Lebanon on the verge of another conflict? " www.aljazeera.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Somewhere, there was a prophecy that said when the old king of Saudi Arabia died, his dynasty would crumble and the kingdom would eventually fall.

They surely do seem to be doing a good job of bearing that out over there don't they?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Arresting a few "princes" and stating that Lebanon declared war on them. How did you go from that to a kingdom falling ?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I thought Iran had declared war on them too?

Iraq is ruled by Shiites these days, so they'll side with Iran/Lebanon.

Saudi Arabia better STFU before they start a war that ends with Riyadh being carpet-bombed.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: HanSolo31

Just that the royal family seems to be busy infighting and eating its own these days. There doesn't seem to be one strong hand to get them in hand, and that's a recipe for disaster especially when they're being pressed on a couple fronts.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: HanSolo31

Its only a few days into it and

Second Saudi prince dead in 24 hours? Twitter is abuzz with the reports of death of yet another Saudi prince. Prince Abdul Aziz, 44, was the youngest son of King Fahd
indiatoday.intoday.in... Pepe Escobar was kind of predicting things were changing but he couldn't figure out how it could go for the better

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
30 years ago the people of Lebanon send the Israelis running with their tails between their legs.

Does Saudi Arabia think they can succeed where they failed, when they have performed so pathetically in Yemen?

The Crown Prince should be careful, for if he continues down this path he will end the reign of the House of Saud before he ever becomes King.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I get that there is a power struggle, this is very common in kingdoms with rulers. This also wouldn't be the first time that this happened. Does that mean that they are collapsing ? Not necessarily.
edit on 6-11-2017 by HanSolo31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
30 years ago the people of Lebanon send the Israelis running with their tails between their legs.

Does Saudi Arabia think they can succeed where they failed, when they have performed so pathetically in Yemen?

The Crown Prince should be careful, for if he continues down this path he will end the reign of the House of Saud before he ever becomes King.

What happened 30 years ago in Lebanon that send the Israeli's running ?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: HanSolo31

originally posted by: Ohanka

What happened 30 years ago in Lebanon that send the Israeli's running ?

The 1982 War and the South Lebanon War

Israel won a lot of battles of course, but lost the war and had to end their occupation of Lebanon and retreat to the south. They finally fully withdrew from the country following the collapse of their proxy, the South Lebanon Army in 2000.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: HanSolo31 Yay history lesson time! I love learning new things! And as I am typing this my drunk neighbor just shot a bolt into my back yard. I am so glad I am moving.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou
Not sure if drunk neighbour alludes to a middle-eastern country

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

I think you have things confused a bit. Israel occupied Lebanon within days and stayed there for years. Matter of fact, they stayed in Southern Lebanon until the year 2000. So hard to claim they ran away since they stayed for 15 years. Moreover, even if they did run, it would be from Hezbollah, not Lebanon.

SLA collapsed due to Israeli Army withdrawing unilaterally, Israel did not withdraw because SLA collapsed. Israel also controls Lebanese airspace ever since. Again, hard to claim that they ran or that Saudi Arabia should not mess with them. Matter of fact, Lebanon would be the easiest target for Saudi Arabia. Between Iran, Yemen, and Lebanon, Lebanon is easiest.
edit on 6-11-2017 by HanSolo31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

That was a war that had some turns in it but it had a very big surprise no one seen coming .

edit on 6-11-2017 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-11-2017 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus No it doesn't. I really think IMO that America has given a weak stance on foreign affairs that other countries are trying to fill this possible void. Also the Saudi are know to have power struggles in the past. Maybe now is a really bad time to do so but it is happening. Let's hope cooler heads prevail!

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Come on, now. You know the US & UK will protect the Saudis if war really breaks out.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

HOW'S your memory?
WHAT happened LAST time they called for help against a juicy potential target?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Set up for Iran easily seen here,NO NEED for a fake situation at all.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Set up for Iran easily seen here,NO NEED for a fake situation at all.

Exactly !! Somebody here see's what is happening.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
If Saudi Arabia falls say goodbye to Opec and say hello to very expensive oil for the west.
edit on 6-11-2017 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join