It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frank Zappa In 1976, Discussing About The Biggest Problem In The World And NAILING IT!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Greetings. One of my hobbies is playing the bass guitar and now that I'm retired, I find myself on YouTube watching instructional videos, or viewing old concert footage of bands that I follow. I've always regarded Frank Zappa as an extroadinarily talented musician and composer, as well as a brilliant man. This clip shows Zappa talking about an issue that he felt was extremely important at the time. At the present time, we've witnessed many incidents of senseless gun violence in America and so much talk on enacting more gun laws. I think this clip is very relevant today, especially in the the wake of the tragic shooting in South Texas. I don't think many people realized in 1976 how important this issue would soon become in our society:

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Yeah pretty much nails it, your right.

Everyone thinking properly and a little less self centered (especially in regards to future generations) and this rock wouldnt be quite the depressing slime pit it is.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
That's a great find - thanks for posting it. Zappa is one of my all time favorite personalities. Before I heard and saw the video, I was worried it would shatter my opinion of Frank but, in fact, it reinforces it. The man was brilliant.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
That's a great find - thanks for posting it. Zappa is one of my all time favorite personalities. Before I heard and saw the video, I was worried it would shatter my opinion of Frank but, in fact, it reinforces it. The man was brilliant.

frank was on point with almost everything he said.
he was a diamond for sure

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
You know Frank was anti fascist right? And a prophet....describing precisely what is happening NOW!

edit on 6-11-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Well, I wholeheartedly agree on what Frank said about certain religious groups meddling in government and wanting to take control of America. Here's 1 example:

Tom Cruise Now Wants Scientology To Take Over The World

With Tom Cruise at the helm, the church is building Scientology Media Productions—a $50 million Hollywood studio—that's being used to make recruitment videos among glitzier other projects. Tom is apparently planning to use the state-of-the-art facilities, which are said to rival Paramount and Universal combined, to film some of his own blockbusters as well.

"The global media center that will revolutionize the Church's communications footprint throughout the print, broadcast, and internet media worlds as a state-of-the-art hub helping beam Scientology's message all over the globe."

Oh, and back in 2015, when this article first appeared, the Church of Scientology was worth 8 billion dollars:

Tony Ortega, who runs the anti-church website Underground Bunker, says this initiative "gives Cruise, who is worth $450 million, and Scientology, which has $8 billion in reserves, the opportunity to heavily influence the movie world again"

www.redbookmag.com...

Did I mention they pay no taxes too?

Is the Church of Scientology exempt from paying taxes? 6 Answers Suzanne Marie Sullivan Suzanne Marie Sullivan, longtime Scientologist Answered Feb 17, 2015 In the US, the Church of Scientology is not taxed, since it fulfilled the IRS requirements for religious organizations to be tax-exempt.

www.quora.com...

new topics

top topics

join