It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They Are All There TG2017 non writer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
My favorite day finally arrived! Thursday 23rd of November 2017. Thanksgiving day by far the most precious holiday in my life. I mean sure I loved Birthdays, Christmas and even Easter, but Thanksgiving was always the day with the entire family together. Some of us haven’t seen each other for the whole year, but on this day there would be no excuse from anyone, we all had to be there at the same table even if only for a couple of hours. The unwritten rule, which everyone loved.

As every year, again I was the last one to arrive and as always I stopped by in our garden before I went inside. As always I walked to the front of the giant windows to look into the dining room for a second. With a big smile on my face I saw every member of my family already seated around the massive dining table, all ten of them. My wife of nearly forty years and my daughter with her husband and my two grand kids. My younger son and his girlfriend, and my older son with his wife and my oldest grandchild. All seats were taken apart from one, the head of the table where my plate was waiting for me. I saw all the food on the table every single dish I loved, and on the middle the giant stuffed turkey, ready to be sliced and served. The house looked warm and welcoming and I could swear I smelled the food in the air even from outside.

My new job, my new life, took me away from my wife and I knew she didn’t take it lightly either. I saw her crying many times in the past year, and as much I wanted to help her, to explain to her what my new job was, I just couldn’t do it. No difference this time, I saw her quietly staring at my seat while the rest of the family talked and laughed. I saw her taking a deep breath and with a shy smile on her face she picked up the conversation, quickly wept the tears of off her eyes.

Usually I would enter the house at this very moment with a loud ‘Happy Thanksgiving’, kissing everybody hugging my kids and grand kids, and taking my seat, ready to say a prayer and cut the bird. Today was different.

I knew my duty will call me away at any moment. While my previous job had all the usual hours, it was a very stressful position. It was in fact so hectic that my heart couldn’t cope with it and I passed away last year, suddenly, of a heart attack. Nowadays I work as one the so called Guardian Angels and as one I only have seconds to check on my loved ones. Even on Thanksgiving.

I looked into the room one more time savoring the picture, putting my hand on the glass. Then I turned around and as quickly as I arrived, I disappeared with the same easiness into the day, knowing I will visit them again, as often as I can.

Remember, our lost ones are around that table with us, even if we can’t see them.

Happy Thanksgiving!

THE END

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: szino9

Nice twist.

Next time you visit, look behind you at all the Family Ancestors gathered there, too.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Thank you for your time reading it!

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Excellent thanks for sharing

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: szino9
a reply to: intrptr

Thank you for your time reading it!

I love stuff like that. It reaffirms my own 'beliefs' on such matters.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

Thank you glad you liked it

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Nice one! Well done.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Many thanks for reading it

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Great take on the subject. Well done.

kind regards,

bally

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Thank you Bally

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Oh, I wasn't expecting that! Beautiful story!

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Thank you NightStar for reading and Im glad you liked it

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Short and sweet, well bitter sweet.

I like the idea of the protagonist having passed and checking up on his family at such a time as generally its events like these when we remember those we lost.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Glad you liked it Sprocket thanks for your time

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Now i have something to do today, sure glad I stumbled across Good Luck, Bad Luck this morning.a reply to: szino9

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: HarrryHendew

You just turned onto a road of disappointment

new topics

top topics

join