It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHORT STORY WRITERS CONTEST for NOVEMBER 2017 - THANKSGIVING [TG2017]

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Just popping online to check in on the contest.... oooh it's started a wee bit slow?
Nice to see some entries coming in now though.

For those who haven't yet entered.... just go for it!
Don't worry if you think your entry won't be good enough.
Every time you write, you learn something, and who knows... once you start writing this one and the creative juices start flowing... it might just turn out to be the best thing you've ever written?
But you won't know unless you give it a go!

G

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Just a teaser entry. . . . since it was my idea.

(Authors note; this tale of the first Thanksgiving was told to me by a very wise person who heard about it from someone who was actually there so this is historically accurate.)

The Pilgrim John McClain arrived late to the Nakatomi Cabin where the settlers were getting ready to give thanks for a very successful year.
While cooling off in a small room away from the festivities, a group of renegade Indians attacked the settlement led by PoccaHANS Gruber. John hid and slowly picked off the renegade indians one by one because he was angry at them for killing some of the settlers.
He tried to get help but for a while, only a lone black constable understood what he was going through. And they talked for a while about donuts and smoked cigarettes that the Indians brought with them to the new world.
The renegades wanted to destroy the encampment to hide the fact that they were actually stealing bearer bonds from the pilgrims.
In a stunning finale, the pilgrim John McClain taped a musket to his back and when PoccaHANS Gruber tried to use his wife Holly as a shield, he blew him away and he fell out of the cabin.
Afterwards the pilgrims and the good Indians gave thanks and sang Christmas carols.

And thus, a new tradition was born.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yippee ki yay mother clucker

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Friendship TG2017 [writer]

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   
This is your one week warning folks.

ONE WEEK LEFT TO GET YOUR NEW ENTRIES IN!

You know what to do!

G

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
A certain somebody has suspiciously not entered his own contest.

I'm looking at you DB!

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

(Authors note; this tale of the first Thanksgiving was told to me by a very wise person who heard about it from someone who was actually there so this is historically accurate.)

The Pilgrim John McClain arrived late to the Nakatomi Cabin where the settlers were getting ready to give thanks for a very successful year.
While cooling off in a small room away from the festivities, a group of renegade Indians attacked the settlement led by PoccaHANS Gruber. John hid and slowly picked off the renegade indians one by one because he was angry at them for killing some of the settlers.
He tried to get help but for a while, only a lone black constable understood what he was going through. And they talked for a while about donuts and smoked cigarettes that the Indians brought with them to the new world.
The renegades wanted to destroy the encampment to hide the fact that they were actually stealing bearer bonds from the pilgrims.
In a stunning finale, the pilgrim John McClain taped a musket to his back and when PoccaHANS Gruber tried to use his wife Holly as a shield, he blew him away and he fell out of the cabin.
Afterwards the pilgrims and the good Indians gave thanks and sang Christmas carols.

I don't need to see any more.

FOLKS...WE HAVE A WINNER.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

I want to thank my mentors, Harvey Weinstein, Congressman Conyers, Donald Trump, Kevin Spacey, CK Lewis and Bill Cosby for this great honor.

Can I get a hug?

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Can I get a hug?

It depends, have we watched you shower yet?

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

Can I get a hug?

It depends, have we watched you shower yet?

fatmantakesashower.com
edit on 22-11-2017 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I just died a little inside.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

I just died a little inside.

That's just what my wife said during our wedding vows.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

At least she was coherent. The chloroform hadn't worn off of mine. I had to work her like a marionette during the ceremony.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   
The Contest is Now Officially CLOSED to new entries.

So, no more new story entries after this post please.

There will now follow the usual 1 week for reading and voting.
Votes are cast by giving STARS and FLAGS to your favourite story posts and threads (as detailed in the opening post!)

Good Luck and a huge thank you to all of our entrants.

G

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Thanks Faux - well done!
G

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   
The voting phase is also now officially closed.

So, no more votes for entries in this contest please.

I'll get on to tallying up the scores...

G

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   
The RESULTS are in...

(And for those of you viewing on mobile devices or small screens...)

WRITERS SECTION:
1st Friends and Football - AugustusMasonicus
2nd Little Joseph Gobbels - FauxMulder
3rd Pardon Me - Vroomfondel

Non-WRITERS SECTION
1st They Are All There - szino9
2nd The Stone - denybedoomed
3rd Magic Myrna Smashed Potatoes - TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Congrats to all of our winners and thanks for taking part!
All of the prizes are on their way.
G

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Hey! Second place for my first time ain't bad!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join