It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is Running ATS.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Springer
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I'm here everyday.

So what happened to the Accelerating Change forum prospect?

Or did the Google's gangstalkers get to you?

I miss Soficrow, and have an armada of OP's / videos / film planned for it all year been waiting on your move.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
...or finally give us disclosure on alien intervention in human affairs.

They hired DeLonge to do that.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

...or finally give us disclosure on alien intervention in human affairs.

They hired DeLonge to do that.

Well that explains So's absense then.

He is still sat on the naughty step for hiring him.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

The owner 1st. And those of us who've been here... expect him to touch base once in awhile.

He didn't create this site for himself... but to stimulate topic and poignant discussions.

Issues one may have? P. M him or consult one of the many admins, super mods or mods.

Ts and Cs, BOARD + FRESHMAN forums answer most questions as to how-to's and the why's + how-to's here. You know!
edit on 6-11-2017 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

loyal customer

what you paid to read this stuff here? man did you get taken. i consume this stuff for free.

customer buys goods and or services, a consumer uses goods and or services.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
It's still the same, ol Springer hangs in the cut, some mods are active posters, some aren't.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

loyal customer

what you paid to read this stuff here? man did you get taken. i consume this stuff for free.

Well I have never bought anything from my bank but I am a customer, same with other websites.

ATS makes money out of me and you visiting and posting on this site through advertisement as such I would say we are customers as well as members.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

loyal customer

Well I have never bought anything from my bank but I am a customer, same with other websites.

ATS makes money out of me and you visiting and posting on this site through advertisement as such I would say we are customers as well as members.

It could be said that you are actually an unpaid employee as your threads and posts create content and the content is what creates the ad revenue.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
aliens.

(insert Giorgio A. Tsoukalos meme here)
edit on 6 11 2017 by RoScoLaz5 because: add stuff

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

you pay fees to keep your money there right, like checking and such therefore a customer.

you give nary a dime to ATS.

edit on 6-11-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

a reply to: nonspecific

I hear you. I just disagree with the premise of the thread. I don't see any major differences.

Wow. I don't see how you can not see..... it's , oh well. Nevermind. Have fun.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

What's different from now to a year ago?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I'm finally getting used to Planet Mudpit. Who needs esoteric discussions about tomfoolery?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Not as many threads about bacon for one thing.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I just jumped in this thread and havent read it through but am responding just from the title alone. Hopefully hell comment but i see the sight owner Springer all the time here.

He usually posts on topics that personally interest him like any other member.

Go ahead and send him a PM and hell get right back to you. I think the longest Springers ever taken to return one of my PMs was an hour so the guys obviously around here all the time.

Hes also a real nice guy from what i can gather from my interactions with him.
edit on 6-11-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Not as many threads about bacon for one thing.

If there were 10 a day it still wouldnt be enough.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Okay. I'll give one example. The racism. You've been here long enough to remember that both Springer and S.O.
wouldn't tolerate it, period. They DESPISE racists. Several of the threads on the front page yesterday would have been 404'd, and the authors banned. S.O. gave me an OT one time for saying people in India should build out-houses if they couldn't afford toilets. I was somehow belittling them, he thought. Then yesterday we got a huge disgusting dissertation on how Africans are stupid. It went on for pages, and got worse as it went.

Anyway, AM, I don't really want to be in this thread, and you are a great member, and I don't want to argue about it, I'm just sort of shocked that you don't see it. Go some where and be funny. It's your forte.

Bye now.

But yeah, OP. You're right.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Obviously somebody is, because the site hasn't stopped running. Sheer inertia would not keep it functioning.

yeah but something has obviously changed in the last year.

I would say its been more than a year, I have been a lurker since 2007 and things have changed A LOT.

I have wondered the same though to be honest, what exactly is going on and the sharp down turn in Springer or SO's posting or involvement.

I do remember the "welcome a new mod" posts, I cannot tell you the last time I actually even saw one of those.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Who is Running ATS.

Russians!

also why is it every time I post on a Mac I double post?

Never happens to me. Maybe its the operator.
edit on 6-11-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Okay. I'll give one example. The racism. You've been here long enough to remember that both Springer and S.O.
wouldn't tolerate it, period. They DESPISE racists. Several of the threads on the front page yesterday would have been 404'd, and the authors banned.

Did you report those threads? Are you aware that the Mods all discuss thread removals and bannings as a group and that it's a general consensus type scenario?

Anyway, AM, I don't really want to be in this thread, and you are a great member, and I don't want to argue about it, I'm just sort of shocked that you don't see it.

I really don't. I think the site is just as well run now as last year as 10 years ago. I only post on a couple other forums, one for frequent flyers and another for one of my hobbies. All are well-moderated which is why I don't bother with other sites that are a goddamn free for all.

None of the Mods here gets paid and they also cannot be in every thread at all times. If you see someone acting like a racist jack wagon report them. Get them off of here. If you do report what you think is racist and it isn't removed there's a pretty good chance it was reviewed in committee and found not to be racist.

These threads come up far too often, 'ATS sucks, I want my old ATS back!' or 'Why isn't it as good as 15 years ago!'. Don't like it? Change it. Don't like the content? Add your own. Don't find something someone said to be well-mannered? Report them.

This isn't a knock or dig at you, it's more of a general comment. We are the content creators and we are responsible for making it better. If we sit around all day waiting for Bill, Mark and Steve to make threads then we're doing it wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join