It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tired Heart, and tired soul

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
It's so sad to me that people just want to kill each other. This isn't about guns, it's about people. Guns don't kill, people do.

I'm sad for generations to come. Freedom seems such a fragile thing, and we are losing it every day. Idiots abound.

Perhaps there really are too many people on planet Earth now!

I walk out into the sunrise, and sunset, every single day. I see all wonder of life. It just breaks my heart people hate each other enough to kill. Each year I see the seasons, I see the wonder of new life, happiness and joy. I just cannot even imagine the will to take a life just because of some political or social reason.

Just breaks my heart.

People kill, not guns. People do.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Anything can be a weapon, with the wrong person behind it.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

A car, a truck, a knife, a bat, a pressure cooker...even a Boeing 757.

Guns aren't the problem...people are.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Don't worry everyone. This is how it will go. We'll talk about what a tragedy this is for about a day. Then we'll move on with our lives until the next time we talk about what a tragedy the next time is. Nothing will change. More people will die. Why should this incident be any different? So......let's just say we have to live with it. Just be thankful it wasn't anyone you know or anyone in your own family. This is the reality of the USA today. I'm not cynical, just realistic. Enjoy life for all it has to offer. Outrage on these boards does nothing. These shootings have turned into nothing but background noise, whether we want to admit it or not. Just my two cents.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I disagree. We should discuss these things and how they make us feel. We need to hear viewpoints different than our own and be able to DISCUSS without devolving into childish antics. We also need to start addressing the real problems like mental health. There are things that can be done. Perhaps if these sick people were able to discuss their feelings and frustrations OUTSIDE of an echo chamber, they might not resort to such violence. Then again, there are true psychopaths that just want to watch the world burn, and we have to recognize that as well.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Amen to that brother.
I'm in the same boat.

All life is precious.
And no being- unless elected for the position, has the right to take that from someone.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
It's been the same old story since the dawn of man. I think the over saturation of all the death and negativity is dragging more people down with it than just those immediately affected. Another one, of the many, downsides of a instantaneously connected social media world.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SilverStarGazer

Then again, there are true psychopaths that just want to watch the world burn, and we have to recognize that as well.

Millions of people watch murder-death-kill tv shows, movies and play video games. Shows like The Walking Dead (mass murdering 'Zombies' ) are entertainment, to them...

But somewhere out there there are just those few people that take it literally, decide to play out the script, for real.

So then whats the problem again... a gun? Or borderline personalities? Or the repetitive prime time gore shows that send borderline personalities over the edge?

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
spring always conquers the winter cold.
better days will come.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
"For the love of money is the root of all evil"

When are folks going to start taking that seriously?

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
People make guns that other people use to kill people.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
People make guns that other people use to kill people.

People make people who make guns that other people use to kill people.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Guns aren't the problem...people are.

The people who have grown up in an environment that does not care, have no care for people!

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Guns don't kill, people do.

people kill a lot more people when they have access to guns that spray bullets.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

Just like people driving vehicles kill a lot more people when they have access to trucks that mow down more people at once!

That's a BS post! C'mon, man!

Edit...and people kill a lot more people when they have access to pressure cookers that spray nails when they explode...ad nauseum.
edit on 11/6/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I was at an outdoor concert last weekend in downtown Austin. As I was sitting there waiting for the music to start, I was scoping out the buildings looking for possible shooting scenarios and making my exit plan should the need arise.

I plan my escape routes in malls, movie theaters and outdoor festivals too. I look at everyone with suspicion. Sad days indeed that I should even be thinking these thoughts.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Well, you know what? That's a good thing. I mean that very sincerely too! I don't mean everyone should have a shooter on their mind, but everyone should always have a plan to evacuate any large public gathering...for any number of a thousand reasons why.

Me personally, I don't walk into a space (even alone) without mapping out a mental plan for how I would extract myself from that space under any number of situations (fire, some major disruption, etc.). Every plane I get on, I count the number of seats between me and the nearest exit so I have a hope of reaching it in an emergency even if I can't see due to smoke or darkness. I mentally map out walls and objects in a room for the same reason. Many times if I go to a large venue I will consciously place myself close to, or with a direct path to, an emergency exit...just for all these reasons.

There is nothing, and I mean nothing, wrong with having situational awareness! There are all sorts of events which can lead to disaster (fires, tornadoes, earthquakes, unrest...and countless others). Being aware of your situation and having a plan is not a negative statement about society. Tornadoes don't have emotions, nor do fires or earthquakes; they don't have any ill intent...but they cause death and destruction none the less.

We all have a choice. I choose not to be a "victim". You should be proud you think that way now too.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Yeah well, I hate it. I hate that I have to look at every male stranger as a potential rapist or a potential shooter. I hate that I can't just go to a concert and only think about the great music I'm hearing. I hate that I have to tell my teen daughter she can't walk to the park by herself, because she's really bad about having her headphones on and being oblivious to her surroundings. But really, I've filled her head with so many warnings of what could happen, that I think she is too scared to go anywhere now. I hate that.

Its a horrible world out there, filled with horrible people who do horrible things to other people. And I hate it.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

a reply to: fiverx313

Just like people driving vehicles kill a lot more people when they have access to trucks that mow down more people at once!

That's a BS post! C'mon, man!

Edit...and people kill a lot more people when they have access to pressure cookers that spray nails when they explode...ad nauseum.

it's not a BS post. it's a legitimate point. i'm not advocating a ban on guns in the least. but what is the need for commercially available guns that fire so many bullets so quickly? at least trucks and pressure cookers have other uses besides killing.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: SilverStarGazer

Then again, there are true psychopaths that just want to watch the world burn, and we have to recognize that as well.

Millions of people watch murder-death-kill tv shows, movies and play video games. Shows like The Walking Dead (mass murdering 'Zombies' ) are entertainment, to them...

But somewhere out there there are just those few people tIf that's true, then why don't other countries have the same problems? The Walking Dead is shown in lots of countries. I really don't see how you can blame gun violence on tv/movies/video games. If that were the case, you would be seeing comparable violence in other countries and that just simply is not the case. hat take it literally, decide to play out the script, for real.

So then whats the problem again... a gun? Or borderline personalities? Or the repetitive prime time gore shows that send borderline personalities over the edge?

If that's true, then why don't other countries have the same problems? The Walking Dead is shown in lots of countries. I really don't see how you can blame gun violence on tv/movies/video games. If that were the case, you would be seeing comparable violence in other countries and that just simply is not the case.

edit on 7-11-2017 by SilverStarGazer because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-11-2017 by SilverStarGazer because: Messed up the quote

top topics

<<   2 >>

join