It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch out for the upcoming Paradise Papers

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku

and we get a rather convenient mass shooting to take all the headlines.

That thought did not escape me this morning.

Odd timing of both events.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Yeah, It was probably me.

Reddit has pretty good coverage on it.

In fact, hints were leaked/dropped about the release of these documents weeks ago on Reddit by a person using a throwaway account.

What? So international news outlets are reporting on these 'Paradise Papers' as if people widely knew they would be dropping, any time, because someone on Reddit was maybe talking about it? (no link provided, of course.)

An international consortium of beautiful journalists have been pouring over them for a year?

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Wag the hog?

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
Wag the hog?

What are the implications (if any) for average working people? Did the Panama Papers affect us in any meaningful way?
edit on 11/5/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter
I am so damn glad there is still real journalism alive! Hope they bring down as many people as possible. And more than anything hope they don't get carbombed like that woman in Malta.

♫ We have seen the fall of the elite.
Bury your life, take your disease.
We'll end the world, when all hope is gone! ♫

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I am surprised by the cool reception this is getting here. The Paradise Papers are a treasure trove of genuine revelations about the real life elite. Do you suppose there would be more enthusiasm if we called them the Illuminati? Of course, part of the problem may be that these offshore banks are used by Russian oligarchs to launder money, and implying that any Russian may be up to no good is Russophobia these days.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Yes, the Russophiles will pay no attention to negative news about Russia or Trump. If Hillary gets a mention it will be all over the front of ATS with stars and flags galore.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   
And now we have a story that reveals Trump's commerce secretary has actual genuine business ties with Putin's son in law.

And not a peep about it on ATS yet.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku

and we get a rather convenient mass shooting to take all the headlines.

THAT!!!

It was almost the same time the Paradise Papers were published that the shooting happened. Ok, that could really have been a coincidence, i think so.

But suddenly all the MSM, even here in Germany, overlap the Paradise Papers with that shooting in the wild west. And that is not a coincidence, that they use anything else to deflect tzhe people from the Paradise Papers!
I mean, it isn´t that uncommon that psychpaths with tons of weapons and ammo go postal in the wild, wild west, why is it the main headline, a reason for special broadcastings etc for all german news agencies, all TV stations etc?

And why did the Panama Papers vanish into thin air(looking at the MSM) after a few days and not just one of the superrich anti moralists got any real problems because of the Panama Papers? How many names of owners, managers, staff of mass media corporations would one find in all those Papers?

The world is ruled by the rich, the superich and their tools like the mass media, for example. They even blow up journalists( real journalists, not presstitutes, which they can´t control, buy, blackmail or stop them by other means from going down the rabbithole) with car bombs, like Daphne Caruana Galizia, Malta, three and a half weeks ago, and almost nobody remembers this act of terror anymore, if he ever heard about it. Just to keep their dirty secrets secret!

Why remembers almost nobody anymore? Because the MSM "has" to report nonstop about all those evil men that laid hands on knees of women, decades ago, because of the next rampage in the wild west, because a bag of rice toppled over, in China...

Btw, i am sorry that i back that late, but german time and real life, will have to go through the all the comments now.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   

There is journalism and there is media. Journalism attempts to dig up the facts and present them to the public so they can make informed decisions. Media, in "the West," is about making money by selling audience shares to advertisers. Some publications-- and they are chiefly print publications-- place journalism first. Most electronic media, including TV and internet, try to appeal to as large an audience as possible, resulting in the "if it bleeds it leads" philosophy.

The Paradise Papers will have an effect on politics over the next few years, but their influence will not be visible to those who rely on sound bites. I fully expect, for example, that Secretary Ross will retire this week to "spend more time with his family" and that Trump will praise him for the great job he was doing.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
I am surprised by the cool reception this is getting here. The Paradise Papers are a treasure trove of genuine revelations about the real life elite. Do you suppose there would be more enthusiasm if we called them the Illuminati? Of course, part of the problem may be that these offshore banks are used by Russian oligarchs to launder money, and implying that any Russian may be up to no good is Russophobia these days.

Ok, Ross is in the spotlights now, but this thing, plus the Panama Papers and all other leaks that ever existed about the rich ruling class and their antisocial behaviour, is way more and bigger than to make a Trump thing out of it, or a hate russia thing, or whatever.

Let´s see it as what it is:

It´s another report about the greedy and antisocial behaviour of the secret rulers of the whole earth(coming from all parts of this earth, greed knows no borders, like the globalization only the rich profit from), the rich, the superich. It shows us the roots of all evil on earth, the greed and not existing moral of those superrich is the cause for wars, for financial inequality, for slave wage jobs, for working poor, for old age poverty, for refugee streams. The "elbow consumer society" is a sympton of all that, and the reason for the brutalisation of the masses, for the divide of the society, for the distribution of wealth only the rich profit from.

This is a conspiracy against all of of us, worldwide, if we are not members of that "1%". Because they exploit all of us, for their wealth and wellbeing.

Maybe you are right and we call these superrich beings Illuminati or Aliens, to make it interesting for those that are affected by that antisocial, greedy and exploiting behaviour in the conspicary of the rich, in the war of the rich against the rest of the world, but don´t care!

edit on 6 11 2017 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

...and all this taxable income is lost! Yet hard-working people's tax brackets are increased to pay for this shortage. Maybe if Trump was really concerned for hard-working Americans he would put a stop to these overseas tax havens for the rich. I haven't seen him tweet about it and I won't hold my breath. I wouldn't doubt he's also on the list.

You have to wonder if these papers will be exposed in the American media, considering the owners themselves probably have off-shore tax havens.

Trump can talk about it,but it is up to Congress to do something about it.I think we all know that will not happen.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   

There is journalism and there is media. Journalism attempts to dig up the facts and present them to the public so they can make informed decisions. Media, in "the West," is about making money by selling audience shares to advertisers. Some publications-- and they are chiefly print publications-- place journalism first. Most electronic media, including TV and internet, try to appeal to as large an audience as possible, resulting in the "if it bleeds it leads" philosophy.

WOAH!

We've hit a milestone.

Until this moment all I've ever seen out of you is the likes of CNN constitutes the "free press", your 'brings a tear to the eye' sort of approach always heralding a connotation which drips with the sense the MSM is a free society of journalists whom are the ilk of rational Greek warrior poets, the saviors of our species.

And now you've admitted they're just an exploitative for profit scheme, which sure leaves the wiggle room for one to grasp the honest connotation of them being the huckster propagandists that they are. Especially since they're all owned by multinational corporations, whom have for decades habitually run pre-war propaganda before and during every war. "if it bleeds it leads", thats the money model, so war "is good for the economy" as they the MSM told me after 9/11 (and probably during Bosnia), it sounds more like its good for their economy. Keeping with the blood & guts profit model, no wonder their specific reporting methods are documented now to play a crucial role in the Mass Shooter Contagion Effect, and despite this they still wont change their evil ways.

And these are the people you SCREAM around here we should trust, with our souls sort of sense it seems like you place on it, where if we criticize them for what they are you shout down that we're anti-free speech scumbaggery, as if those companies give US a full picture of the tyranny the system they're an integral part of is honest and open, opposed to being the purveyors of the shackling tunnelvision that fosters partisanship and mass scale self-delusion.

I'll be saving all the characters in this box here. This moment is like Journalism Hall of Fame 'epic turning point in history' moment.

edit on 6-11-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
This is big.. 13,4 million documents
Some of the names on the list that have been disclosed as of now:
Apple,
Nike
Uber
Facebook
Twitter
Queen Elizabeth 2 
Wilbur Ross.
Stefen R. Bronfman

+other 25.000 persons

Why is no one talking about this name... Doesn't this name make you think a little bit?

I'd it not even interesting to people?

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

I just wish I'd heard of them before yesterday. It makes it difficult to warmly receive them.

How/When did you come to know about this "treasure trove of genuine revelations?"

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: buckwhizzle

Trump hasn't even made it part of his tax plan. If he's all about the working-class, why hasn't he attacked these tax havens and loop holes for the rich? To show his true convictions to help the working-class he should be talking about it and putting it in the plan! Let congress be blamed and criticized if they don't pass it. I'm sure his detractors would see him in a new light.

He's reducing how much mortgage interest hard-working people can deduct on their taxes, but not a word about stopping the rich's tax havens and loopholes, which would help reduce the tax burden on the majority of hard-working Americans.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You need to actually read and understand my posts. CNN is broadcast media. That does not automatically mean that everything they say is a lie. Only when you realize that. they are protected by the same constitutional guarantee that allows you to post your rants will you have made any sort of breakthrough.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I follow the German press as well as French, Russian, Chinese, and Anglo-American. (Usually in translation for the Russian and Chinese.)

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure

originally posted by: Spacespider
This is big.. 13,4 million documents
Some of the names on the list that have been disclosed as of now:
Apple,
Nike
Uber
Facebook
Twitter
Queen Elizabeth 2 
Wilbur Ross.
Stefen R. Bronfman

+other 25.000 persons

Why is no one talking about this name... Doesn't this name make you think a little bit?

I'd it not even interesting to people?

I didn't know the Queen was even supposed to pay taxes! Boy, sure is quiet in here.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter>>> I just want to see the Hillary/Huma Abedin sex tape although the underrage girl in it is best left censored.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join