It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Pyramid 'Void' - What do the Ancient Texts Tell Us?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   
There is real excitement with the recent discovery of a hidden 'void' within the Great Pyramid; a space which the scientists who discovered it believe has similar proportions to the GP's Grand Gallery.

This massive new 'chamber' or 'vault' has many Egyptologists and other researchers pondering as to what its purpose might be. What was somewhat surprising to me was that in all the speculation surrounding this discovery, no one (as far as I am aware of) thought to consult the ancient texts that speak of the pyramid's construction to ascertain if there might be a clue in those texts as to the function of this newly discovered space within the Great Pyramid.

Having done this myself, it seems that there may indeed be a clue as to the purpose of this space within the Great Pyramid and, if it is investigated and is found to be what these ancient texts suggest, then we will unlikely ever learn of that truth because it will totally undermine the 'accepted view' of these structures; the all-conquering 'tomb paradigm'.

This is what the Arabic scholars wrote of the purpose of the pyramids (based on Egyptian Coptic sources):

"...The king then directed the astrologers to ascertain by taking the altitude whether the stars foretold any great catastrophe, and the result announced an approaching deluge. 9 The king ordered them to inquire whether or not this calamity would befal Egypt; and they answered, yes, the flood will overwhelm the land, and destroy a large portion of it for some years.

...upon which the king ordered the Pyramids to be built, and the predictions of the priests to be Inscribed upon columns, and upon the large stones belonging to them; and he placed within them his treasures, and all his valuable property, together with the bodies of his ancestors. - Al Masoudi (emphasis mine)

If there is any truth to this Arabic legend (based upon Coptic tradition) then it seems that the Great Pyramid would, by necessity, have been designed with (relatively) accessible chambers (for the storage of seeds, tools, documents etc for the recovery of the kingdom after the foretold deluge) but also that it would be constructed with a very large and inaccessible chamber (i.e. a burial vault) for the "bodies of his ancestors".

As a consequence of their religious beliefs, the ancient Egyptians had great reverence for their ancestors and would go to quite extraordinary lengths to protect their long dead bodies, often removing them from their original tombs to new, safer tomb locations when it seemed their original tomb was in danger of some kind (usually from tomb raiders). So it would not be surprising at all to find that the AEs, in believing that their entire kingdom was in peril from a future deluge that would destroy the entire country (as stated in these ancient texts), would take this precaution of re-burying their ancestor kings in a massive chamber in the heart of the Great Pyramid--a way to preserve them for all time and, specifically, from the destruction of the deluge.

I fully anticipate that there will be no access tunnels anywhere to this chamber. I suspect the bodies of the ancestors would have been placed into this burial vault when the roof of the vault was still open as the pyramid was being built upwards.

Some years ago it was proposed (I think by Lehner though not 100% sure) that the numerous slots we find on both 'pavements' the length of the Grand Gallery were to hold statues of Khufu's ancestors. If this newly discovered void or vault above the Grand Gallery really does contain the actual bodies of these ancestors then this would make perfect sense as each of the ancestor statues believed to have once been in the Grand Gallery would have effectively served as a Ka double for each body of the anestors in the hidden vault above. Indeed, by counting the number of these slots in the pavements of the Grand Gallery, we may have an idea of how many ancestors may reside in the hidden vault above - 27 pairs = 54 ka statues = 54 ancestor bodies perhaps residing in this hidden space.

Perhaps there is more truth to this Coptic / Arabic legend than meets the eye.

SC
edit on 5/11/2017 by Scott Creighton because: Fix typo.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   
That's a great point about the contents maybe being interred as the structure was built, with no access corridor or entrance.

Which means whatever is in there is staying there forever.

We ~might~ be able to get a camera in one day, but possibly not.

So... frustratingly, this probably remains an unsolved mystery forever?

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Scott Creighton

I've always imagined some sort of portal in there, the world is a lot older than us weak human beings would like to think. I can't tell you what's there but if it's something really significant we will never hear about it.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
That's a great point about the contents maybe being interred as the structure was built, with no access corridor or entrance.

Hi Painterz,

A few hours work could see a hole drilled from the roof of the Grand Gallery upwards and into this 'vault'. An endoscopic camera can then be fed through for us to see what's in there.

All that is needed really is the Egyptian authorities to have the 'political will'. They may not like what they find.

Regards,

SC

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: blackadder01

I've always imagined some sort of portal in there, the world is a lot older than us weak human beings would like to think.

The further back , the less knowledge of science, compared to the modern world. Is imagining a portal based on that the grave stone is really, really big?

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Just my ole' imagination going wild I spose'. Whatever it is, do you think we'll ever really know what's in there?

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: blackadder01

Just my ole' imagination going wild I spose'. Whatever it is, do you think we'll ever really know what's in there?

Maybe by remote camera exploration. If they sense a void, maybe its already empty.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   
If the void is for storing bodies of the ancestors, why have shafts. These would seem to have more use, if you wanted to store water for various purposes; painting, cleaning, washing, keeping the dust down etc... Like a modern day construction project, the interior decorators only move in once, the levels above are complete.

So while the painters are working in the tombs, they would need a supply of water. Similarly with the workmen doing the work at the top of the pyramid. Having a large reservoir at the top would be perfect. It would serve the crews bringing up stones plus the shafts would allow water to be used to keep the interior cool. In the past, they found those shafts blocked by stones. Once the work in the interior was complete those could be blocked off.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Maybe by remote camera exploration. If they sense a void, maybe its already empty.

Could be... could be. We probably won't be finding out the answer to that in my lifetime. The mystery is what keeps it interesting though.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scott Creighton

Hi Painterz,

A few hours work could see a hole drilled from the roof of the Grand Gallery upwards and into this 'vault'. An endoscopic camera can then be fed through for us to see what's in there.

All that is needed really is the Egyptian authorities to have the 'political will'. They may not like what they find.

Regards,

SC

They're not going to do anything that damages the structure though are they? Even if it's just drilling a hole.

What if the chamber is hermetically sealed, and penetrating it breaks that seal and starts a decomposition of whatever is inside?

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Could be... could be. We probably won't be finding out the answer to that in my lifetime. The mystery is what keeps it interesting though.

Geezus...that's the third time you've given up hope! Have a little faith!

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Thanks Scott for the thread! Well done!

With advancements in technology, we have at least gotten to this point. So logically, and without the Egyptian government stonewalling, we should get to the bottom of this sooner than later I would say.

The sphynx is another they should scan with this technology and put that to bed too as far as the speculation of a chamber there.
edit on E30America/ChicagoSun, 05 Nov 2017 07:32:38 -060011amSundayth07am by EternalShadow because: correction

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scott Creighton

Hi Painterz,

Regards,

SC

They're not going to do anything that damages the structure though are they? Even if it's just drilling a hole.

What if the chamber is hermetically sealed, and penetrating it breaks that seal and starts a decomposition of whatever is inside?

Hi Painterz,

Such concerns didn't stop the AE authorities from drilling holes through 'Gentenbrink's door to see what was beyond it.

SC

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

Geezus...that's the third time you've given up hope! Have a little faith!

When you're my age an ounce of Faith is a lot, lol.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

The sphynx is another they should scan with this technology and put that to bed too as far as the speculation of a chamber there.

Now, if what I remember about the Sphinx and that Edgar Cayce guy said, there's some magic down there still waiting to surface. I don't know much about that one but I remember hearing of it years ago.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Scott Creighton

What if they knew about this all along. Or it isn't there at all.

Is there anything going on around the Spinx especially the paws?

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Jimmy Hoffa came to mind.

Seems all these contraptions would resemble some sort of mechanism.... Power? Resonance, weather modification, lighting for festivities, rarified atmospheres for healing? All questions, and I'm sure there are volumes more questions one might pose. Perhaps when our technology has advanced a few more decades it will be revealed and seem so simple, 'why had nobody thought of it before' ?

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz
Remember governments and rulers are transient, while the Pyramid is mostly not.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I had the same idea for a different reason. Current theory holds that the void is a chasm left over from building the pyramid and there's nothing in it but some rubble. It's possible but it's easy to sink a shaft large enough to put a camera through and maybe a drone. It that's all it is just as easy to fill the shaft or cap it for future explorers. Either way you'll will then know the truth but they may not want to know the truth.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

I don't see how, given the method of scanning. The Muon receptor plates would need to be placed underneath the Sphinx and in doing so you would discover any chambers hidden there anyway.

Another note - is it just me or does the newly discovered void in the Great Pyramid look to intersect with one of the "air shafts" coming from the top of the Grand Gallery? I know we are only looking at a 2D representation, and that 3 dimensionally it may be next to or away from the shaft, but if it really does interest then cannot we just send another snake robot up there to have a look?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join