It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New 'Black Death' FOUND: Deadly virus WORSE than plague and with no CURE breaks out - WHO

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
New 'Black Death' FOUND: Deadly virus WORSE than plague and with no CURE breaks out - WHO

A DEADLY outbreak of a rare and highly fatal virus has broken out in eastern Uganda and five cases have already been identified, the World Health Organisation (WHO) has confirmed.

This is quite disturbing.

The disease, known as Marburg virus disease (MVD), is similar to Ebola and can be lethal in up to 90 per cent of cases.

Emergency screening has begun at the Kenya-Uganda border in Turkana after three members of the same family died of the disease in Uganda.

The outbreak is thought to have started in September when a man in his 30s, who worked as a game hunter and lived near a cave with a heavy presence of bats, was admitted to a local health centre with a high fever, vomiting and diarrhoea. He did not respond to antimalarial treatment and his condition rapidly deteriorated.

So karma nips him in the butt and now karma is threatening the rest of the world?

Or, is it like it says in the bible - the wars and rumors, pestilence, etc?

There's a great slideshow on the link. I can't put those pics in here due to copyright.

Several hundred people are believed to have been exposed to the virus, which is among the most virulent pathogens known to infect humans.

Early symptoms include fever, chills, headache, and myalgia.

The news comes as Madagascar faces a deadly outbreak of plague, which has already claimed the lives of 127 people.

This is just awful.

Everywhere I look it's something else horrible going on. If I didn't already believe we were in the 'end times' I would be convinced by now.

peace

edit on 1710Saturday201713 by silo13 because: Didn't mean to hit edit - I wasn't through.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I shouldn't worry too much, like Ebola, Marburg is a fast killer and people tend not to be able to travel when they are bleeding from their eyes, ears etc.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Lots of scientists working in labs all around the world, I wouldn't be surprised if this was released intentionally. Maybe a trial version to see what it's capable of?

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

That's what I was thinking... Release it in an area where there's always an excuse of bats, bad living conditions, poor water, overpopulation (bingo!) and more.

+17 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The next King of England must be happy and cheering it on since he recently came out and said there are too many people alive today.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Sounds like it's pretty nasty..
I wonder what the origins of this virus are... nature finding a way to cull to masses? Environmental changes?

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
I shouldn't worry too much, like Ebola, Marburg is a fast killer and people tend not to be able to travel when they are bleeding from their eyes, ears etc.

The caregivers scatter out of an area with an outbreak, they get on modern planes and get back to civilization in hours. Not all of them but the few who don't have a death wish will leave the areas, and travel before symptoms are bad enough. They land in their nations and get carted to clinics and boom, world wide epidemic.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Eventually they will find one that sufficiently culls the global population.

Perhaps this is it, or just another test.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Prince and not yet King, but any truth to the rumor that Prince Bill was seen taking pics by TheGeorgiaGuidestones™? and remember, the Guidestones opine that the optimum population, the 1% and theSerfs to serve them, is right around 500,000,000 so there is some culling to be done..

His grandfather, Duke of Edinburgh was quoted saying "if reincarnation is real I'd like to come back as a killer virus to control the world's population..." There is probably some scientist somewhere whipping something up in labs all across the globe...

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
My wife says this is no big deal. And she's the boss.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: SprocketUK

The caregivers scatter out of an area with an outbreak, they get on modern planes and get back to civilization in hours. Not all of them but the few who don't have a death wish will leave the areas, and travel before symptoms are bad enough. They land in their nations and get carted to clinics and boom, world wide epidemic.

A pretty good point, but in the case of Marburg, it's not infectious the way a cold or influenza is.
Snipped this from the WHO (who, despite trying to make Robert Mugabe a goodwill ambassador, have pretty good record with facts on haemorrhagic fevers).

Transmission. Transmission of the virus from person to person requires extremely close contact with a patient. Infection results from contact with blood or other body fluids (faeces, vomitus, urine, saliva, and respiratory secretions) with high virus concentration, especially when these fluids contain blood. Transmission via infected semen can occur up to seven weeks after clinical recovery.
Infection through casual contact is thought to be exceedingly rare. The low rate of transmission to persons with casual contact suggests that aerosol transmission via the respiratory tract is not efficient, if it occurs at all. Transmission does not occur during the incubation period.
Patients appear to be most infectious during the phase of severe illness accompanied by haemorrhagic manifestations. Close contact with a severely ill patient, during care at home or in hospital, and certain burial practices are common routes of infection. Transmission via contaminated injection equipment or through needle-stick injuries is associated with more severe disease, rapid deterioration, and possibly higher fatality.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

As long only game hunters are infected I am fine with that..
And should it be the end of us all.. I guess we can see it as a punishment for our treatment of other species.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

It's simple... our current way of living is destructive... Just look at the trash from 1 family every week. And before that trash exist look at all the time and energy goes in that (for you or me it's just something you grab and pay for of course) and now imagine how many family's/households exists.. We are like a predator on the loose with no boundaries... but today trillions of them on the same time.. of course there are way too many predators like you or me, except we got it so easy these days, no need to really be on the hunt.. just living your life is way more hurtful then some lion could ever be, even in his glory days... Imagine trillions of lions coming for us, we would be screaming and cry as never before! We just ain't seeing how hurtful we are together for this world, it's simple as that.

It isn't about space.. of course there is always enough space.

So perhaps we could make food without creating co2, without slaughtering endless of animals, without causing the air and waters go bad.. if we are smart enough but for now yea for for now, you or me are like 1 water drop but together a force not seen before and as destructive as you can't even imagine!!!

Way more dangerous then the Black Death for sure.
edit on 4-11-2017 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Lots of scientists working in labs all around the world, I wouldn't be surprised if this was released intentionally. Maybe a trial version to see what it's capable of?

I would have to agree there. These things don't just "evolve" out of nowhere. It was made in a lab somewhere.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I was just listening to a program about bats a couple months ago. Bats carry SO many diseases we haven't even got a name for yet. And with humans' inevitable invasion of their habitats, things like this are bound to happen.

Bats are arguably one of the most dangerous animals in the world. They carry a daunting list of killer viruses. They likely triggered the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. They very likely launched a pandemic of killer pneumonia back in 2003, called SARS. And they're behind one of the viruses scientists think could cause a nasty pandemic: Nipah.

Iink

"It's a bit eye-opening. "We've found 48 new viruses. And 16 that were already known," Olival says as he scrolls down a large spreadsheet. There's a new polio-like virus in orangutans. A bunch of new herpes viruses in monkeys, rodents and bats.

And that's just in this part of Malaysia."

Insane
edit on 4-11-2017 by denybedoomed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

I would have to agree there. These things don't just "evolve" out of nowhere. It was made in a lab somewhere.

Pretty much everything evolved out of "nowhere".

Marburg is just part of the same family of viruses as Ebola. Small variations in structure lead to differences in how it interacts with hosts. Really, to tell the difference between Marburg, Ebola and some of the other similar diseases you need an electron microscope.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I don't think your science is quite... Accurate?

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

If I didn't already believe we were in the 'end times' I would be convinced by now.

We are the 'end times.'

I know I shouldn't say this and people will think I'm a bigger asshole than their earlier estimates told them. Here goes...

There are too many of us on this planet and we're heading for trouble. We're going to struggle to have enough clean drinking water and we aren't collectively smart enough to produce enough food for everyone in the future.

City roads are full with cars, countries have housing crises, economic migrants are causing unrest and the seas and atmosphere are increasingly polluted.

A recent study says population growth is going to hit tipping point in about 40 years. They highlight how agriculture won't be able to cope with providing the calories to keep us all alive. We don't produce food efficiently; we waste too much. We don't transport food efficiently; we import stuff from thousands of miles away we could grow in our own countries. We're overfishing the seas and yada yada you've heard it all before.

Circumstantial evidence points to humans being responsible for the extinctions of 'mega-fauna.' Some argue that climate changes killed them all or it was only natural selection at work so who cares?

Maybe it's our turn to have a 'thinning the herd' moment?

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

According to this article
www.standardmedia.co.ke...

The virus was first identified in a German lab in 1967 where workers were exposed to African Green Monkeys..

the OS is always...an animals fault..

Green monkeys? sounds super toxic

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I was actually thinking of writing a thread the other day about how the new plague is likely coming soon (in 20 or 40 years) just by the statistical odds.

I don't think the Marburg virus is it though, because transmission is too difficult.

I think the next big plague will be airborn and will spread worldwide in under a month.

Something like Marburg but transmitted by a cough or sneeze, with similar mortality rates.

I also think it will probably be an engineered bioweapon that somehow got loose. The bioweapons already exist and the clock is ticking.

- My comment in other thread on this topic.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join