It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Big Pharma Doesn't Want You to Know - Iowa Study: Why high-dose vitamin C kills cancer cells

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Why high-dose vitamin C kills cancer cells
www.eurekalert.org...

Vitamin C has a patchy history as a cancer therapy, but researchers at the University of Iowa believe that is because it has often been used in a way that guarantees failure.

Most vitamin C therapies involve taking the substance orally. However, the UI scientists have shown that giving vitamin C intravenously--and bypassing normal gut metabolism and excretion pathways--creates blood levels that are 100 - 500 times higher than levels seen with oral ingestion. It is this super-high concentration in the blood that is crucial to vitamin C's ability to attack cancer cells.

...at these extremely high levels (in the millimolar range), vitamin C selectively kills cancer cells but not normal cells in the test tube and in mice. Physicians at UI Hospitals and Clinics are now testing the approach in clinical trials for pancreatic cancer and lung cancer that combine high-dose, intravenous vitamin C with standard chemotherapy or radiation.

What strikes me initially about this article so far is the statement that Vitamin C history as a cancer treatment has been under question and it has been most likely because the quantity used to treat cancer has been hushed or undermined by both the medical and pharmaceutical industries....and for good reason.

I am intrigued that in these studies they are using IV Vit C with standard chemotherapy AND radiation. I guess this is due to part of the patient as well as pharma wanting their fingers in these test to DISPROVE the idea that Vit C alone kills cancer...otherwise they are going to be in both financial or legal trouble.

Continuing the article....

In a new study, published recently in the December issue of the journal Redox Biology, Buettner and his colleagues have homed in on the biological details of how high-dose vitamin C (also known as ascorbate) kills cancer cells.

The study shows that vitamin C breaks down easily, generating hydrogen peroxide, a so-called reactive oxygen species that can damage tissue and DNA. The study also shows that tumor cells are much less capable of removing the damaging hydrogen peroxide than normal cells.

"In this paper we demonstrate that cancer cells are much less efficient in removing hydrogen peroxide than normal cells. Thus, cancer cells are much more prone to damage and death from a high amount of hydrogen peroxide," says Buettner, a professor of radiation oncology and a member of Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center at the University of Iowa. "This explains how the very, very high levels of vitamin C used in our clinical trials do not affect normal tissue, but can be damaging to tumor tissue."

Now if this equation serves correctly and the fact that tumors thrives in a deoxygenated environment...then adding Vit C into our bloodstream helps to generate hydrogen peroxide, which when broken down generates more OXYGEN! Something that tumors HATE!!!! Thus we can see right now how Vit C aids in attacking tumors...and thus cancer.

Normal cells have several ways to remove hydrogen peroxide, keeping it at very low levels so it does not cause damage. The new study shows that an enzyme called catalase is the central route for removing hydrogen peroxide generated by decomposing vitamin C. The researchers discovered that cells with lower amounts of catalase activity were more susceptible to damage and death when they were exposed to high amounts of vitamin C.

Buettner says this fundamental information might help determine which cancers and which therapies could be improved by inclusion of high-dose ascorbate in the treatment.

"Our results suggest that cancers with low levels of catalase are likely to be the most responsive to high-dose vitamin C therapy, whereas cancers with relatively high levels of catalase may be the least responsive," he explains.

Catalase is a common enzyme found in nearly all living organisms exposed to oxygen (such as bacteria, plants, and animals). It catalyzes the decomposition of hydrogen peroxide to water and oxygen. It is a very important enzyme in protecting the cell from oxidative damage by reactive oxygen species (ROS).
en.wikipedia.org...

Now what is happening with those who have cancer? Do they have enough catalase enzyme in their diets? How do we know how much of this enzyme we have in our bodies? When we have cancer, does cancer affect the amount of this enzyme readily available or can the human consume more when undergoing vit c treatment?

I am not sure if there is a study on this but when I do I will add that part to my research.

I am really hoping that this article and explanation can be very useful for those who are trying to understand that complexity, or more like simplicity, of the benefits of Vitamin C in cancer therapy and research.

Until I read this article I didn't really know THAT much at the biological level of Vit C and its aiding of HOW it helps attack tumors and "cure" cancer.

If research like this continuously spews into the MSM it will then be a matter of time something like this will be branded as a drug or sold on black market in the future.

Thank you for your reading and let's keep understanding this wonder vitamin!

SW2011
edit on 4-11-2017 by Skywatcher2011 because: added notes and questions

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Interesting.. But we need to make sure before we experiment with vitamin C

High vitamin C intake is associated with an increased risk of oxalate kidney stones -- accounting for approximately 80 percent of all kidney stones.

If you consume more than 2,000 mg of vitamin C, you may develop severe gastrointestinal irritation and diarrhea. In addition to significant discomfort, extended episodes of diarrhea or vomiting can lead to dehydration, causing extreme thirst, fatigue, low urine output and reduced blood pressure. Diarrhea and vomiting can also cause additional mineral imbalances in the body.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Taking too much giving you diarrhea and all those wonderful toilet trips is something called a vitamin c detox flush. I have done those using up to 8000mg for 2 days to cleanse my body. Drinking fluid helps in the process.

As of right now it is better to have kidney stones which can be blasted using high frequency as well as cranberry juice to break the stones so they can pass as opposed to toxic chemo or radiation which can promote more cancer.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

What is the dosage. I have heard that intravenous C has to be at a specific gram level to be effective and that most practitioners are only dispensing 1 gram instead of 10 per bag (or something like that).

Any idea what the recommended dosage is, how many times per week, etc?

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I had a customer who had cancer and went for IV but C therapy 3 times for one week. Each session I think he had between 20000 to 30000 uM. Today he is cancer free and just goes through routine alternative doctor checkups once a month or so.

It is important to know he did have chemo done as well but it was a specialized blend to target the cancer area. It wasn't a broad spectrum chemo blend.
edit on 4-11-2017 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Yup. A small amount of c can nourish cancer (along with healthy cells) but a large amount can kill the suckers. Adding other non toxic (to healthy cells, anyway) substances along with the c can boost the efficiency (a specific Maitake mushroom extract for one).

The "kidney stones from c" mentioned somewhere above isn't scientific, as far as some v-c experts I know tell me. It might be impurities in some products (most all vitamins are churned out in China, these days) or dehydration from taking too much at one time and reaching bowel tolerance (diarrhea), but there really isn't a direct link (they tell me).

I know several people who take "high" dosages and nary a stone among them.

Something else to consider (and off topic, sorta, sorry) is heart disease. Linus Pauling thought heart disease (arterial sclerosis specifically) was due to a sub clinical scurvy... or vit c deficiency.

Pauling was pretty adept at bio-chemistry (etc.) and his theory makes sense. Not many people in the public or medical professions know about it, but many thousands of people have "cured" their heart disease with "high" doses of vit c and the amino acid lysine. I know a few, personally, and have to admit the results were remarkable. I also know people who beat their cancer with IV vit c therapy, alone.

Nice to see a "mainstream" validation of all this.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I have someone with cancer.. but they wont be able to get vit c by intravenous drip.

uk sucks

edit on Sat, 04 Nov 2017 18:18:47 -0500186America/ChicagoSaturday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

with cancer.. can the vit C be taken orally?

Well, I can tell you that the "experts" I know say "yes." One must have a specific minimum level in their blood. As people vary in size and tolerance to oral c, it's difficult to be exact but, if memory serves, 500 milligrams every hour should raise the blood levels enough in most people... but double check! It's better to err on the "too much" end as c is not toxic and too little doesn't do it.

I found the vitamincfoundation.org to be helpful... the forum is full of decent info and the "expert" I know sometimes posts there.

A decent method to check peoples' c needs is a "bowel tolerance" test ... to do that you start with a dose of standard ascorbic acid v-c that gives no stomach upset, usually a gram or two for most people, then give a measured, gradually increased by 1 gram dose every hour until they get diarrhea 10 - 20 minutes after dosing.

If they blow at 8 grams, then 7 grams is a ballpark guesstimate of the body's daily needs when healthy. With cancer it can go very high. Know that the c is out of the intestines after one hour and so splitting doses up with an hour in between will avoid diarrhea.

Also, there is a decent documentary on Amazon called 'Cancer Can Be Killed' that had some helpful info.
edit on 11/4/2017 by Baddogma because: add spcifics/fix

edit on 11/4/2017 by Baddogma because: wanted the info to be clearish

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
High vitamin C intake is associated with an increased risk of oxalate kidney stones -- accounting for approximately 80 percent of all kidney stones.

Amazing point.

Thank god that radiation and chemotherapy don't have any painful side effects.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
cant we order it online??

Is it available in drug stores in the US?

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
You got it.....the chemical degredation of the vitamin C creates an o2 rich environment which kills things which thrive in 02 free environments like an acidic mould infested inner body.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
send off to Amazon for the things to make lipsomal C..........250 bucks gets a nice ultrasonic jewelry cleaner and the " C " and one other ingredient that Amazon has too

how do i know this.....what makes me so smart.....about lipsomal.....ATS.....

edit on 4-11-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-11-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

As an adjunct, IF one is in a life-or-death situation, don't cut costs and get a decent lab-made liposomal c. A home lab doesn't really have the tech to make uniform liposomes of the correct size and also, if one manages to make them properly, then one is avoiding the immune system completely, and anything less than a sterile work area could cause more problems from contaminants.

Just sayin' ...

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
send off to Amazon for the things to make lipsomal C..........250 bucks gets a nice ultrasonic jewelry cleaner and the " C " and one other ingredient that Amazon has too

how do i know this.....what makes me so smart.....about lipsomal.....ATS.....

Rosehips using coconut oil as the expedient binder.

Ebola and viral diseases need a highway to distribute themselves throughout your body fast enough to compromise and defeat your auto-immune system....we all have parasites which carry bacteria which carry viruses creating an Uber-Highway into our inner bodys geography and because we are lied to in school we dont know it and do not police them regularly as normal health procedure......sooooo......when you get Ebola for example in essence it sucks or causes your body to deplete its vitamin C stores........if you are infested with parasites and they have built an Auto-Baun inside you to expedite viral ransport you get sick so fast your body cannot get a toe-hold to fight back.....but......if you can destroy the parasitic highway and then provide your body with a way to absorb super-volumes of vitamin C to a degree which puts it in quicker than the disease can force your body to toss it out...wha la....you are cured....soooo.....when the plagues hit.....eat an anti-parasitic every 2-3 days at first signs of viral infections near you begin to ingest rosehip tea or tincture or some other viable form combined with a liposomal carrier....coconut oil will do any fat based molecule will do...chicken fat is my favorite....pump the tank full of vitamin C faster than it can be drained.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4
I have someone with cancer.. but they wont be able to get vit c by intravenous drip.

uk sucks

Can your friend go and see a naturopath? It may be an out of pocket expense but surely worth trying?
edit on 4-11-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

uk sucks

What kind of cancer and what stage....google....Hulda Clark...google Dr.Sebi....google...Rick Story......google pharmacutical grade soduim bicarbonate...look into a medical/holiday to Germany or a country where they will allow you to legally cure yourself.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Kidney stones suck. I'd rather not have either cancer or kidney stones myself.

Didn't you just do a thread about this today OP?
edit on 4-11-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   

"Big pharma" sells intravenous vitamin c.

Conspiracy fail.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: Spacespider

Amazing point.

Thank god that radiation and chemotherapy don't have any painful side effects.

Difference being radiation and chemotherapy kill cancer.

Vitamin c does not.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

uk sucks

I hope they seek proper medical advice and not listen to quacks on the internet.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join