It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports Saying Saudi Arabia Intercepted a Ballistic Missile from Yemen over Riyadh airport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
No real details at the moment as the news is just breaking about reports of a loud explosion over Riyadh airport with unconfirmed reports saying Saudis intercepted missile from Yemen.

Saudi air defence forces were quoted by broadcaster Al-Arabiya as saying they intercepted the missile north-east of the capital. A TV channel linked to Houthi rebels in Yemen said the missile was launched at the airport.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Official confirmation of the attack.

State news channel Al-Ekhbariya said the missile was "of limited size" and no damage was caused. A long-range ballistic missile was fired at King Khalid International Airport in Riyadh, the Houthi TV channel Al-Masirah reported.

A video has been posted by someone at the scene.

edit on 4-11-2017 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
No real details at the moment as the news is just breaking of reports of a loud explosion over Riyadh airport with unconfirmed reports saying Saudis intercepted missile from Yemen.

Saudi air defence forces were quoted by broadcaster Al-Arabiya as saying they intercepted the missile north-east of the capital. A TV channel linked to Houthi rebels in Yemen said the missile was launched at the airport.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Official confirmation of the attack.

State news channel Al-Ekhbariya said the missile was "of limited size" and no damage was caused. A long-range ballistic missile was fired at King Khalid International Airport in Riyadh, the Houthi TV channel Al-Masirah reported.

That's all we need now, more folly! beaver fever moon.

I guess that'll be Iran under the political microscope now, and likely plenty of ordinary civilians facing death if there is any retaliation.
edit on 4-11-2017 by smurfy because: Text

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Do the Houthi's have the ability to manufacture these missiles? Or is there an outside supplier like NK or Iran?

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

I guess that'll be Iran under the political microscope now, and likely plenty of ordinary civilians facing death if there is any retaliation.

perhaps we should put our good 'allies" the House of Saud under the scope? Genocidal religious war and all that we are providing the weapons for

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

perhaps we should put our good 'allies" the House of Saud under the scope? Genocidal religious war and all that we are providing the weapons for

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Do the Houthi's have the ability to manufacture these missiles? Or is there an outside supplier like NK or Iran?

Exactly. Looks like Iran has been spurred on by its success in Iraq then Syria. Looks like they are getting serious in going after the Saudis now. Couple this with the Lebanese leader Hariri just resigning as he can't take any more assassination attempts on his life.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

The rebels claim they fired a Burkan 2-H which is a Yemeni built missile.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Saudi Arabia vs Iran?

Any more reason needed to bail out of the ME and let them have at it?

Popcorn anyone?
edit on 4-11-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-11-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
It's basically a SCUD updated with NKorean tech.

Here's an old article about NK exporting to Yemen (and several other countries): www.theguardian.com...

edit on 4-11-2017 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Saudi Arabia vs Iran?

Any more reason needed to bail out of the ME and let them have at it?

Popcorn anyone?

I've got mine. Note to Yemen......Keep trying. A dismantled Saudi Arabia would be a good thing.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Footage of what appears to be the Patriot battery firing. Looks like they shot off 4 of the missiles to intercept the missile

battery firing:

top topics

join