It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Trek is dead, fire at will!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   
At first I was very sceptical of Discovery after the confusingly named "Enterprise" which i thought sucked some major donkey nards.

I was pleasantly surprised that the new Trek show that was different like DS9 was from Generation, with the addition of a proper episode to episode long term plotline more like voyager and for me it seems to work.

Forgive me if my view isnt 100% accurate im not a mad trekkie, I just really enjoy the trek universes views of politics, technology and relationships in the future - one that i dream we are headed towards.

As for The Orville, i was expecting much more humour (or attempt at humour) than there is, but its a worthy show, Galaxy Quest style rip on Star Trek and other Sci-Fi's. Though i wont be worrying too much if i miss an episode here and there. Discovery however i will be tuned into every week.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

to me the orville is ok , but seems like its us literally watching macfarlanes comedy career go down a black hole and never return

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

The sad thing about this new star trek is that it's actually getting good reviews

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
The biggest problem for Star Trek: Discovery for me is that it requires a subscription to what I consider to be an otherwise worthless streaming service!

Correct me if there is another way to watch it (I suppose I could get it "another way" but besides that) or if there are other shows worth watching on that streaming service.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Fire stick, it takes a bit of time to setup but there are tutorials on YouTube to walk you through. Kodi and Terrarium is pretty good and it"s free.
edit on 10-11-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

I’m liking Orville.

There’s a lot less gags than what was in the pilot, and that’s ok by me.

Too many it looks forced, like most of Seth’s work really..

Also sticking with the new trek, it’s not like the trek I know and love, but that kinda trek wouldn’t work on 2017 tv.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Half way through and time for a break.

Maybe it is time to rewwatch with a fresh set of eyes and see what you think with a bit more of a stoty line maybe?

The last episode did regenerate my interest that had to be fair started to wane as it got "interesting" and could open up some explanations to some things that did not make a whole deal of sense beforehand.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
All right everyone, I have seen more than half of The Orville and it is one of the best shows I have seen in a while. I find it hard to believe that the new Star Trek would be as good, even though I have not seen it yet.

I do agree, The Orville does feel a lot like Star Trek TNG but from today's time period. I love how the humor makes it more laid-back. It is not over-the-top humor, either - the show has great, episodic plots that are unpredictable and gripping. The characters are also amazing and diverse.

I am incredibly glad that the show did not turn out like the previews, which made the humor seem forced.

Also, this show IS available on Hulu! Such a plus!
edit on 28amThu, 28 Dec 2017 07:18:44 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Personally, I think the Orville is the closest thing to Trek I've seen in a while, lol. Trekkies should really give it a chance. It's got the look of STNG but with the humor of the original series (even though back then, the humor was unintentional)....

I still want to see Discovery though. I really haven't liked any of the Trek's since STNG...(yes, I even disliked DS9), so I don't have high hopes.

At least my other beloved franchise (Star Wars) is still cranking out the hits, as was mentioned.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I was fairly certain star trek discovery would be a firey wreck with all the liberal bull happening the last couple years.

I was wrong. Star Trek Discovery is amazing. It's so awesome. It's still liberal, but liberal with rhyme and reason. Not brain dead like Obama's second term or Hillary Clinton kind of brain dead.

This is JFK level liberal. STAR TREK has never been more alive.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join