It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High doses of vitamin C to improve cancer treatment passes human safety trial

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
High doses of vitamin C to improve cancer treatment passes human safety trial
www.eurekalert.org...

Clinical trials found that it is safe to regularly infuse brain and lung cancer patients with 800 -- 1000 times the daily recommended amount of vitamin C as a potential strategy to improve outcomes of standard cancer treatments. In a work presented March 30, 2017 in Cancer Cell, University of Iowa researchers also show pathways by which altered iron metabolism in cancer cells, and not normal cells, lead to increased sensitivity to cancer cell death caused by high dose vitamin C.......

The 11 evaluable patients enrolled in the brain cancer safety trial received three infusions of vitamin C a week for 2 months followed by two infusions per week for 7 months while receiving standard care radiation and chemotherapy. The goal of each infusion was to raise the concentration of vitamin C in a patient's blood to 20,000 μM, as compared to a blood level of about 70 μM found in most adults. The high dose is necessary because vitamin C has a half-life of about two hours in the circulation of humans. The treatment was generally well tolerated; with modest side effects including frequent trips to the bathroom and dry mouth.....

Vitamin C, even at high levels, isn't toxic to normal cells. The research group at Iowa found, however, that tumor tissue's abnormally high levels of redox active iron molecules (a by-product of abnormal mitochondrial metabolism) react with vitamin C to form hydrogen peroxide and free radicals derived from hydrogen peroxide. These free radicals are believed to cause DNA damage selectively in cancer cells (versus normal cells) leading to enhanced cancer cell death as well as sensitization to radiation and chemotherapy in cancer cells........

The cost per patient above standard insurance billing for the phase II vitamin C glioblastoma multiforme protocol is approximately $8000 spread over 9 months of test infusions. This cost can be less than a single dose of some immunotherapy and/or chemotherapy drugs......

Studies like these always look promising to show the powerful effects of Vitamin C and the healing benefits it provides. It is funny how they (whoever they are) say you need a daily recommended dose of 1000 mg of Vit C a day or blah blah but if you take too much you will experience Vit C toxicity as if you are going to die. Yet, in this trial apparently high levels of Vit C are not toxic to normal cells....but toxic to abnormal/cancer cells.

It is this kind of two speak of doctors who are funded by government to tell us the exact opposite things we need to take if we are chronically sick so that they can make money off patients.

Hopefully this article will shed some more light on those who follow the benefits of Vit C....respect!

Other benefits of this vitamin seen below

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Its important to remember though that this study is only saying that high doses of Vitamin C help improve treatment when used with other therapies.

That is to say its not saying that eating a few extra oranges is going to cure cancer.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

I bought some Camu Camu for just this reason.

Camu camu is a low-growing shrub found throughout the Amazon rain forests of Peru and Brazil.

It produces a lemon sized, light orange to purplish red fruit with yellow pulp.

This fruit is packed with more natural vitamin C than any other food source recorded on the planet, in addition to beta-carotene, potassium, calcium, iron, niacin, phosphorus, protein, serine, thiamin, leucine, and valine.

These powerful phytochemicals and amino acids have a surprising range of therapeutic effects.

Camu camu has astringent, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, emollient and nutritional properties.
source

I don't feel a change yet but I just started it. No side effects.

peace

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Yes, vitamin C can be used to cure cancer. But too much on a regular basis can actually be harmful to a lot of people. I feel a good way to keep cancer at bay utilizing this vitamin would be to cycle it into the diet, running maybe a week of it once every three months or so.

I try to eat foods that have this vitamin, and have some high dose stuff hanging around. It is good to have it to fight flu too, but I prefer to just eat more grapefruit and oranges in the fall. If I take even one pill, I get burny butt. I get the same thing when I eat grapefruit or oranges for three days or more. I actually seem to have better results with viruses with oranges and grapefruit. I suspect that since grapefruit and oranges have a couple of cancer fighting chemistries it would be better than just vitamin C

Parsley family chemicals kill cancer too, that includes celery. The rutabagga has cancer fighting chemistry too, so does anything with the right kind of caffeic acids. Even bromelain in pineapple can help to kill cancer. Similar proteinases to pineapple occur in grapefruit. It is better to adjust the diet to kill these cancers when they are tiny so they cannot spread.....with food choices. Why wait till after you get it to cure it. Most times it doesn't necessitate more than a few tiny changes in the diet or maybe a couple of supplements.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

As we age, I think our bodies are more prone cancer and other related health issues. My wife and I just started taking 700mg a day of vitamin C a couple of months ago since her second sister died of cancer. I bet big Pharma doesn't like seeing reports like this.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
So much this. Vitamin C and other foods kill cancer.

I've been posting this youtube video where researcher William Li shows that eating certain foods kill cancer.

edit on 4-11-2017 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Its important to remember though that this study is only saying that high doses of Vitamin C help improve treatment when used with other therapies.

That is to say its not saying that eating a few extra oranges is going to cure cancer.

Pretty sure no ones going to think eating a few extra oranges will cure cancer.
however somewhere in my reading over the last 6 months I came across the info that a person needs enough vitamin C not just for their regular bodily functions as we think of them, but MORE since it's stored in our stomach lining and NOT having enough "can" result in acid stomach, heartburn and ulcers.

I know!!!
I was shocked too!!! However I chanced it and boosted my intake and YES VIRGINIA!!!
No more acid stomach an I'm off the prevacid with no reoccurrence. Of course I was biopsied and no Pylori was found so different than other people with ulcers. (As always, check with you doctor)

No new ulcers, I can eat "some" spicy food an OMG!!! it's like a miracle.

Doctors are not nutritionists, the reading material out there is overwhelming an no one knows EVERYTHING.
I wouldn't doubt that Vitamin C can assist i making our bodies undesirable for mutated cells is a real thing. My only issue is now seeing the prices jump like they did for cod liver oil and fish oil.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13

I bought some Camu Camu for just this reason.

Camu camu is a low-growing shrub found throughout the Amazon rain forests of Peru and Brazil.

It produces a lemon sized, light orange to purplish red fruit with yellow pulp.

This fruit is packed with more natural vitamin C than any other food source recorded on the planet, in addition to beta-carotene, potassium, calcium, iron, niacin, phosphorus, protein, serine, thiamin, leucine, and valine.

These powerful phytochemicals and amino acids have a surprising range of therapeutic effects.

Camu camu has astringent, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, emollient and nutritional properties.
source

I don't feel a change yet but I just started it. No side effects.

peace

Hmmm. I would prefer to just make white pine needle tea, add a little sugar and it is tasty and loaded with vitamin C. On top of that it is free, but prune the treas properly when gathering needles, killing a tree that is helping you is not good. Just make sure it is white pine and always remember, some people cannot tolerate the terpines in pine.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78

however somewhere in my reading over the last 6 months I came across the info that a person needs enough vitamin C not just for their regular bodily functions as we think of them, but MORE since it's stored in our stomach lining and NOT having enough "can" result in acid stomach, heartburn and ulcers.

I know!!!
I was shocked too!!! However I chanced it and boosted my intake and YES VIRGINIA!!!
No more acid stomach an I'm off the prevacid with no reoccurrence. Of course I was biopsied and no Pylori was found so different than other people with ulcers. (As always, check with you doctor)

No new ulcers, I can eat "some" spicy food an OMG!!! it's like a miracle.

Doctors are not nutritionists, the reading material out there is overwhelming an no one knows EVERYTHING.
I wouldn't doubt that Vitamin C can assist i making our bodies undesirable for mutated cells is a real thing. My only issue is now seeing the prices jump like they did for cod liver oil and fish oil.

Got to watch not to have too much Oranges or Lemon in the hot summer. It can cause skin problems because they contain limonine and that can make it so your skin damages in the sunlight. Great for the winter or if you don't go out much. But if you like doing stuff outside in the summer, it is not wise to drink more than say six ounces of OJ per day if you do it on a daily basis. No problem if you are in an office all day and wear sunscreen when outside or try to stay out of the sun. The thing is, in the summer, you need less food, gaining some energy from the sun. so you may need less vitamin C too since you are processing less food..

I don't drink a lot of OJ or eat much grapefruit in the summer, but in the late fall and early winter I crave it.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Good to know!
Will remember that.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
S&F. Nuff said.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
lipsomal.....too

gotta force a doctor to do iv vitamin c these days........but ya walk out of the clinic cancer free

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78

Except that the poster immediately above this listed oranges as one of the foods eaten to kill cancer

new topics

top topics

join