It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Furnace Frustrations, For The Mechanically Impaired

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: hvacguy
a reply to: Caver78

Ok, I had a feeling this was a Carrier product. on the inside or possibly the outside of the furnace cover, there should be a list of the fault codes. I know you probably aren't interested in that, but it will at least tell you what the flash codes indicate. 31 indicates a pressure switch closed ( on) during initial call for heat. Is this by chance a 58MVP model #? Does it have a PVC ( white plastic) vent? or is the vent metal?

Answered, but please don't assume I'm not interested in error codes, or air flow, or voltmeters or any of that other "guy stuff". I am, I just don't know enough about the new systems to NOT sound like a moron!!

The Hvac tech actually was thrilled I was trying to help an I know enough to STFU when they get "that look" on their faces cause they're working something out in their head. I was the "gopher" for tons of jobs with the husband , plumbing, electrical an HVAC so I know some stuff, just not this new computerized gadgetry. To my credit I have no problem snaking sewer lines, or digging trenches. I suck at acetylene torches and electrical diagnostics.

Go figure!

new topics

<< 1   >>

join