It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I watched honesty take a dive through my life time

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

originally posted by: WeRpeons
a reply to: Revolution9

Not only honesty, but consideration for others, a lack of respect, and the casual use of vulgarity has become wide spread.

People Who Swear Are More Honest

Swear words are all negative words and tend to have negative effects on people. All words effect people.
Colossians 3:8 But now you must put them all away: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and obscene talk from your mouth.
Matthew 15:11
It is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a person, but what comes out of the mouth; this defiles a person.”

Ephesians 4:29 l Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.
Matthew 12:36 I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak,

Plus many more
www.openbible.info...
edit on 4-11-2017 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

Using vulgarity in front of small children doesn't serve as a good role model for children. The use of vulgarity in public places doesn't show any kind of respect or consideration to children or the people around you.

It reminds me of a day when I attended my son's baseball game. A mother of a son on the opposing team who was playing second base missed a grounder and than the outfielder behind him also missed it. The mother of the boy jumped-off the bleachers and started swearing at her kid and the outfielder using the F word numerous times, while the rest of the parents looked at each other in shock! She turned around and noticed all of us giving her rude looks. Having embarrassed herself, she quickly zipped her lip and took her seat for the rest of the game. There's absolutely no reason for young people nor adults to use that kind of language loudly in public places or in front of young children.

If you're educated and were brought up in a home where the "F-word" had no place in the home, your choice of words to describe your honesty shouldn't be a problem. Unfortunately, using the "F-word" several times in a simple sentence has now become the norm.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
i'm afraid bible verses aren't going to persuade me of much... and i don't swear around children. at least i try to remember not to. if i slip up and forget it usually gives them a giggle... they've heard it all before.

teaching your kids nonsense exclamations to use instead is doing all the same things as swearing just with a more infantile vocabulary anyway...

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
When you do that they learn nothing, just saying. Plus is't it a little passive aggressive shining them on just to see how far they'll go with the BS?

You're not that guy. I've read your posts an you just aren't.

Just because you can see the idiocy doesn't mean you have to egg them on to drive off that cliff. Yeah, I know it's fun, but it also gets pretty boring.

It's harder to find smart quick witted people to play with, but very much worth it.
Happy Saturday to ya!!!

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

Thanks for posting the link to the swearing thingy I'd lost it after I made some family members read it.

Bible verses don't do it for me either. I swear like a long haul trucker, little kids an animals flock to me an their parents usually freak. However...I'd give you the last dollar in my wallet, feed you if you had need an I'm the one people call if they need grunt work/volunteer work done so I call the swearing thing a "wash".

There's a big difference between swearing AT someone or just in general.
Ironically if I'm mad enough to swear AT you I'm already using $50 buck words no f-bombs needed.
It's a paradox.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

I swear like a long haul trucker, little kids an animals flock to me an their parents usually freak. However...I'd give you the last dollar in my wallet, feed you if you had need an I'm the one people call if they need grunt work/volunteer work done so I call the swearing thing a "wash".

Of course children like bad examples they are kids. Their Parents freak should give you a clue of the damage you are doing.
Why I wonder would such a caring considerate person not respect people in language use also?
Many people find the words as offensive as their vulgar meanings.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
hey, if someone says to me 'i don't like that language, please don't use it around me,' i do my best to respect that.

fortunately most don't have such a huge stick up their butt to make presumptions about my character or assume they can lecture me on what my language should be when they're not around.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

To the contrary the type of person I am referring to is an enlightened one. It was a statement where only one of the choices is the correct one. No one wakes up on any given day and says to themselves they want to make it a bad day. It's how you choose to see the world at any given point in time.

If you think the "world" as a whole will not get better then it is only your perception of the world. Just because you choose to view the "world" in a negative light does not mean that perspective applies to everyone. Go out tomorrow and consciously look for good and you will find it all around you. Go out tomorrow and consciously look for bad and you will find it all around you. It's a simple choice.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Accidents happen when hanging with friends, outdoors and little pitchers with big ears sneak up silently on tiny little feet.

Accidentally dropping a jar of jam in the grocery store also comes to mind...
Had NO IDEA those kids were there!

I do now say "Fett That!!" if I know, important part, KNOW littles are around.
Love me some Star Wars.
edit on 4-11-2017 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful. -Sigmund Freud

To be completely honest with oneself is the very best effort a human being can make.

edit on 4-11-2017 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join