It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is our biggest strength our ability to work together

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
According to this video the answer is no. History has shown working together is not a human strength:

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Great post on Hegel, OP!

Once someone is exposed to the Hegelian dialectic, it is difficult not to begin seeing the numerous ways this is applied to alter our perception day-to-day.

Problem, reaction, solution - one group/ideology/party provides all the solutions for the problems it creates. Our perception is being weaponized, and this is one of the means by which it is being accomplished.

Flag+Star for this important information
edit on 11/4/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Our biggest strength is our individual ability to self-immolate philosophiclly to accomodate a group finding of one TRUTH.......we find togetherness through a group acceptance of TRUTH ,truth which builds trust which is the glue which binds loyalty and unity.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015
I didn't understand that video. I was fine up until he got to the example of today's left and right paradigm. He said something to the effect that as the left and the right get closer to each other, we loose our free will. Huh?
Closer? Around here one would think the left and the right are far enough apart as to have come from different planets.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Think of political 'sides' relative to a horseshoe. Divide it symmetrically in half. The further individuals push themselves to each extreme, they become closer in action, in this case authoritarianism to each deity/identity.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   

probably our biggest weakness is lacking the ability to work with each other...

IF we as a species worked together perhaps it would be a strength, but we don't... we just talk

And all governments work for themselves, not the people who they govern

lovely thought though i suppose

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI
Now that is what I thought. I see the left and the right as being quite the same yet they argue back and forth and never seem to budge? Is this each side going to the extreme of the positional argument recognizing the near identical beliefs they hold? So why don't the left and the right, for all the wisdom and truth each side declares to hold, why cant they see this.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Think of political 'sides' relative to a horseshoe. Divide it symmetrically in half. The further individuals push themselves to each extreme, they become closer in action, in this case authoritarianism to each deity/identity.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   

In my opinion it is because of the reactional culture we live. As another ATS'er put it, "shopping for outrage."

Way to busy tearing down things and people to actually build something.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Egg-freaking-zactly!

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   
"shopping for outrage."

Yeah, I see that. Like a drug, it hops up our systems and the adreneline pumps and we feel like we are the righteous ones and everyone else is ''them' the stupid ones.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   
We don't tend to do particularly well as loners.

We be social critters. Deal with it.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
We don't tend to do particularly well as loners.

We be social critters. Deal with it.

Please Phage, keep your social critters to yourself!

Although, yes, we are social beings. I think we may have lost the ability to discern fact from truth and are losing the bond that hold a society together. First world problems?

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   

It's that MyFace thing on the innerwebs.
That's what it is. I knows it.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Are you saying if we loose the MyTwitFace thingy, we could save humanity? I say it's worth the cost of admission to try!

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Highly debatable. It really depends. I'll check out the video later.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Compared to other mammalian species we work very well together..

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

I fear your premise is playing at mankind's paradox...

What compels us to "work together" (form groups), our primal tribalist urge, is also the thing that keeps us divided.

It's a classical demon on one shoulder angel on the other, thing, I suppose. It's one of those spooky boogeymen inside all of us, like the constant balancing act between right and wrong.
edit on 4-11-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

It's all good until the control freaks try to step in and take over and fight for the position of deciding what and how everyone's going to work together!

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
It is the biggest secret actually. Working together is what makes up our society. I can do something that nine other idiots can not do, so I am important and contribute. For example, I am a great painter, if you want something painted you would come to me... But you wouldn't come to me if you wanted let's say financial advice, because I'm a painter... You would go to someone who is an expert in finance ... and so our society works. Somehow.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join