It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The deception of the term "Born Again Virgin" and how Feminism can ruin lives

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I was watching a talk show the other day and there was a young girl on there (13) who was having sex with multiple "partners" with the full blessing of the mother while the father was basically frantic in trying to figure out how to get her to see "reality" and get her "under control". I thought about how the father must feel and couldn't imagine how he was dealing with this and how much me must hate his ex-wife for encouraging this behavior (actually rewarding her and positive reinforcement for such acts!). To me this seems like criminal behavior and she should loose any custody of the daughter - they wouldn't say the age of the "partners" but it seemed like she was the type to seek older guys & she looks much older. I had the feeling that this girl may have an awakening some day and then change her ways and claim to be a "virgin" later on, but conveniently leave off the "born again" part. The whole "born again virgin" thing is maybe the dumbest thing I have ever heard IMO and I'm wondering if current generations thing these are equivalents or if it is just something to make the person feel better about themselves.

This got me thinking about how various religions handle virginity and the purity of young girls. In some cultures a person can be killed for taking the innocence of a girl before the father allows this. Other religions have honor killings if a girl has sex before marriage or if they are raped. And then there are cultures where they castigate the girl and ostracise her if she has sex before marriage.

The case for "free love" and the "empowerment of women" started en-mass in 1969 (probably before that really, but... whatever..) and "the pill" was seen as a way to free women. This created a major culture clash between traditional ways and the new way of "giving it away". I think this has effected the man/woman relationship much more than the extreme left wants to acknowledge and they seem to not want to discuss the reasons for the traditional ways and just want to claim oppression.

I started to ponder how I would deal with this situation if I had a daughter and how to explain what and why virginity was something special and once it was lost, it ain't coming back. I don't know how it is explained in the major religions and how it's importance is emphasized but I know what many of them say about whores. The only way I could explain virginity was with analogies and comparisons - but I'm interested to hear what others think about this, why they think it IS or ISN'T important and what they would compare it to.

One way would be to give an analogy of a personal journal or diary. Every day their is an entry in the jornal and by the time they have sex for the first time, they have all of their collective life in this journal, and it is given to the partner when they have sex. Then a new journal is started and given to the partner each time they have sex. If a "born again" finds a husband, there will never be the entire journal, and someone else will know them intimately before them. I know a diary/journal and virginity are vastly different, but it shows that the born again can never encompass what the original does.

A fresh garden/field of fertile soil could be compared to virginity. Ask any gardener or farmer and they will tell you that when crops are grown, there is a high chance of contaminates of various pests (often specific to the crop) and over time there can be a broad range of different "bugs" in the soil, either active or in egg form. This is usually not so in fresh, virgin soil, other than that which is natural to the area. Also the crops deplete the soil every time they grow. A farmer would much more like fertile fresh land vs old used farm land.

Some who look at sex as "dirtying" the innocence of the woman (if unmarried sex) on a spiritual level, then a comparison to a car could be made. A used car, the buyer doesn't know what the car went through before, how it was cared for, how it was maintained, driven, etc. From a spiritual perspective, the abuse of self by having unmarried sex could be compared to this - I'm not trying to make the comparison to physical (sexual related) aspects other than transmissible diseases and the "cleanliness of the womb".

These three comparisons give different views of what is lost, changed, etc in a way most people can understand where virginity is more of an abstract thing thus making it more difficult to understand. The comparisons aren't meant to devalue women in any way to be "like" these analogies, only how they effect and the relationships in each scenario.

I know comparing a woman to these things can seem harsh and probably a "mans view" but we can't get past the fact that the womb is where a child develops and is grown - if a man knows the soil is bad he will most likely not use that soil and waste seed, time, effort, etc.

The fact that there is even the term "born again virgin" is disturbing because those who think that it is even possible shows that there is a severe lack of understanding of as to what virginity is, why it is important and how the "talking points" for "free love" are mere excuses for bad behavior and can be severely damaging to those who don't have a good fundamental understanding of the topic - which at a young age is very likely.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Who are you to judge other people? Let God be God. I think it is more important each of us live our lives as examples of positive and how-to behavior. You only hate and criticize in other people what you do not like about your own character. God's infinite powers of forgiveness has no bounds. To be forgiving, loving, and accepting of other people with all their faults is to be divine.

edit on 4-11-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
virginity is not that significant, and i don't see where you're getting the 'feminism ruins lives' from your title.

no offense but i hope you don't have a daughter, ever, if you're going to use all those really bad analogies to explain to her that she's only valuable for her 'purity'.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Who are you to judge other people? Let God be God. I think it is more important each of us live our lives as examples of positive and how-to behavior. You only hate and criticize in other people what you do not like about your own character. God's infinite powers of forgiveness has no bounds. To be forgiving, loving, and accepting of other people with all their faults is to be divine.

So you are totally cool with sexually active 13 year olds? Children that age are simply not capable of making those types of decisions...especially with an ignorant parent goading them on because of some screwed up parenting philosophy.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

virginity is not that significant

Thanks for that bit of wisdom Harvey Weinstein. Adults can do whatever they want to themselves, but this mother is abusing a 13 year old. You people are seriously sick in the head.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: fiverx313

virginity is not that significant

Thanks for that bit of wisdom Harvey Weinstein. Adults can do whatever they want to themselves, but this mother is abusing a 13 year old. You people are seriously sick in the head.

he led in with 'this crappy talk show got me thinking'. i was responding to the rest of the damn post. OBVIOUSLY a thirteen year old shouldn't have mulitple sex partners.

do you always read the worst possible meaning into everything? that must make your day-to-day life challenging.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
I was watching a talk show the other day and there was a young girl on there (13) who was having sex with multiple "partners" with the full blessing of the mother while the father was basically frantic in trying to figure out how to get her to see "reality" and get her "under control". I thought about how the father must feel and couldn't imagine how he was dealing with this and how much me must hate his ex-wife for encouraging this behavior (actually rewarding her and positive reinforcement for such acts!). To me this seems like criminal behavior and she should loose any custody of the daughter - they wouldn't say the age of the "partners" but it seemed like she was the type to seek older guys & she looks much older. I had the feeling that this girl may have an awakening some day and then change her ways and claim to be a "virgin" later on, but conveniently leave off the "born again" part. The whole "born again virgin" thing is maybe the dumbest thing I have ever heard IMO and I'm wondering if current generations thing these are equivalents or if it is just something to make the person feel better about themselves.

This got me thinking about how various religions handle virginity and the purity of young girls. In some cultures a person can be killed for taking the innocence of a girl before the father allows this. Other religions have honor killings if a girl has sex before marriage or if they are raped. And then there are cultures where they castigate the girl and ostracise her if she has sex before marriage.

The case for "free love" and the "empowerment of women" started en-mass in 1969 (probably before that really, but... whatever..) and "the pill" was seen as a way to free women. This created a major culture clash between traditional ways and the new way of "giving it away". I think this has effected the man/woman relationship much more than the extreme left wants to acknowledge and they seem to not want to discuss the reasons for the traditional ways and just want to claim oppression.

I started to ponder how I would deal with this situation if I had a daughter and how to explain what and why virginity was something special and once it was lost, it ain't coming back. I don't know how it is explained in the major religions and how it's importance is emphasized but I know what many of them say about whores. The only way I could explain virginity was with analogies and comparisons - but I'm interested to hear what others think about this, why they think it IS or ISN'T important and what they would compare it to.

One way would be to give an analogy of a personal journal or diary. Every day their is an entry in the jornal and by the time they have sex for the first time, they have all of their collective life in this journal, and it is given to the partner when they have sex. Then a new journal is started and given to the partner each time they have sex. If a "born again" finds a husband, there will never be the entire journal, and someone else will know them intimately before them. I know a diary/journal and virginity are vastly different, but it shows that the born again can never encompass what the original does.

A fresh garden/field of fertile soil could be compared to virginity. Ask any gardener or farmer and they will tell you that when crops are grown, there is a high chance of contaminates of various pests (often specific to the crop) and over time there can be a broad range of different "bugs" in the soil, either active or in egg form. This is usually not so in fresh, virgin soil, other than that which is natural to the area. Also the crops deplete the soil every time they grow. A farmer would much more like fertile fresh land vs old used farm land.

Some who look at sex as "dirtying" the innocence of the woman (if unmarried sex) on a spiritual level, then a comparison to a car could be made. A used car, the buyer doesn't know what the car went through before, how it was cared for, how it was maintained, driven, etc. From a spiritual perspective, the abuse of self by having unmarried sex could be compared to this - I'm not trying to make the comparison to physical (sexual related) aspects other than transmissible diseases and the "cleanliness of the womb".

These three comparisons give different views of what is lost, changed, etc in a way most people can understand where virginity is more of an abstract thing thus making it more difficult to understand. The comparisons aren't meant to devalue women in any way to be "like" these analogies, only how they effect and the relationships in each scenario.

I know comparing a woman to these things can seem harsh and probably a "mans view" but we can't get past the fact that the womb is where a child develops and is grown - if a man knows the soil is bad he will most likely not use that soil and waste seed, time, effort, etc.

The fact that there is even the term "born again virgin" is disturbing because those who think that it is even possible shows that there is a severe lack of understanding of as to what virginity is, why it is important and how the "talking points" for "free love" are mere excuses for bad behavior and can be severely damaging to those who don't have a good fundamental understanding of the topic - which at a young age is very likely.

"
I know comparing a woman to these things can seem harsh and probably a "mans view" but we can't get past the fact that the womb is where a child develops and is grown - if a man knows the soil is bad he will most likely not use that soil and waste seed, time, effort, etc. "

Women can't get past the fact that man's seed is flawed. Putting flawed seed into virgin soil is useless. There was a time man's seed was perfect and virginity worth treasuring. Son's of God.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Just as a short ''reality check' here. Millions of years of evolution has brought us to the point that young women reach puberty some where between 10 and 15.More like between 11 and 14 , 12 and 13. That is when their bodies are ready to reproduce. That is natural, that is what our genes and our need to reproduce tell us . That is simple.

So if that is the way it is, the way that nature proscribes, then what really is out of whack here? I would say our civilization.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   
The mom is vile and if there were ever a case when a child should be taken away from the mom and given to the father or grandparents alternatively, this is one.

As to the message in the OP, it always amazes me how girls are held to a certain standard, while boys are allowed 'to be boys' and not held to the same standard of virginity. It's always the girl's fault, almost never the fault of the boy who can't keep in his pants.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Adults can do whatever they want to themselves, but this mother is abusing a 13 year old

My sentiments exactly.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   
This is where lower level souls live that normally do not have the big picture spanning Billions of years.

There are some reasons for not being with anyone but a soul who really can commit and create a Oneness feeling:
1. The souls of the couple have a greater change of creating increased entanglement with each others bodies and every previous partner can leave behind entanglements. But this is not just sex. And then we can discuss the level of sanity decrease that being with some of the souls here people can have on psychology, awareness and Karma level.
2. STD:S.
3. An increased entanglement with the children of a union.

People here say not judge. Critical thinking is not a bad tool if you master it and measuring on all level including the third eye. Really understand the flow of Karma and avoid the storms.

The whole born again virginity is women trying to increase their value/attractiveness for partners when they previously have been behaving in a way that can be very unattractive to the partners they want to attract and have more Power in the relationship and not having to deal with the outcome of past behavior.

Let the Ones would who want one partner oneness separate themselves from the ones who want to play the field and keep the groups separate and allow time to pass.
edit on 4-11-2017 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   

edit on 4-11-2017 by Plotus because: to low to comment on

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   
*Sex* is taught in schools ..... what seems to be missed out in these lessons is

*Self respect* and *Respecting others*

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Do feminists really call themselves Born Again Virgins?

That's some overt religious cultism right there.

edit on 4-11-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
So you are totally cool with sexually active 13 year olds? Children that age are simply not capable of making those types of decisions

I'm not taking a stance on the issue of virginity or whatever, but this statement is definitely false. When I was a teenager I knew some 13 and 14 year old girls who were ravenous sex fiends.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Do feminists really call themselves Born Again Virgins?

That's some overt religious cultism right there.

Not that I've ever heard, no.

I'm not sure what anything in this post has to do with feminism ruining lives.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I am a bit miffed with the OP. Where and when and who decided that women are precious little flowers [or soil - rolleye] that must be kept 'pure'?
Oh don't answer, it's men and they have always done that.
Instead of thinking of women as persons with sexual desire who would also like to 'try out sex' before the marriage [you know, like all those boys and men seem to be happy to do, because they won't get 'spoiled'...-rolleye], they see them as their future possession which they prefer new and still wrapped in plastic.

Meanwhile us women have to let men stick their often very much used dipsticks into our perfect soil...Jeeeesus H. Christ!

The whole post would have made far more sense if we had talked about girls AND boys not engaging in sexual activity, but have you ever been a teenager with a crush?
Puppy love, childhood sweethearts? They all want to fiddle at some point.

What needs to happen is that they know the risks and what a partner might think about them when they are older.

And I mean both.

I'm still angry about women being seen as a soiled present that Mr. wanted in pristine condition, instead of being glad that she might know a thing or two which might make sex much more enjoyable.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
it's not the feminists that are using that term "born again virgin"

This term has gained some popularity among evangelical and fundamentalist Christians, who place a strong emphasis upon sexual purity and abstinence from premarital and extramarital relations

en.wikipedia.org...

a born again virgin is someone who has agreed to not have sex until a certain milestone is passed, like marriage, or maybe their 20 birthday, ect. not sure why the op seems to have such a problem with the concept. it's just kind of saying that hey you've screwed up, had sex before you were ready to, but hey you are redeemable!! just go and sin no more....
seems to be the same concept that jesus had, doesn't it???

question though, are there born again virgins that are male?? or does their virginity not matter?? feminism is about equality, the idea that the sexes should be treated the same. it means that the non virgin male should be treated the same as the non virgin female.. if the female is treated in disdain and called a slut, then the males shouldn't be counting every virgin that they bed as a trophy and patting each other on the back calling each other studs!! but, of course, males are 50% of the problem and yet, the pressure is place squarely on the girls...
that's where the feminism comes in. if you aren't willing to call those young football players who are out there raping the girls sluts, then leave the danged girls alone when they lose their danged virginity!!

as far as birth control is evil bit.... so sorry, but when birth control came on the scene is was a blessing to the married women just as much, if not more, than to the unmarried ones. there comes a time in some women's lives where they decide that their family size has gone above what she can handle, and there shouldn't be anymore.
and, guess what, many times the same time comes for the father also, who remember, has the bulk of the responsibility of earning the money needed to care for all those kids!

this is just another anti-feminist thread based on one of those stupid talks shows where they have opposing people come one to air their dirty laundry through the air waves for you entertainment. my guess is that the true story was fudged a tad by the producers to increase entertainment value and even if this isn't true, that the real truth would be somewhere between what either party is claiming, so I just ain't interested in it..
my guess is that mom found out her young daughter was sexually active and didn't want to risk her getting pregnant, because at her young daughter's age....PREGNANCY COULD BE QUITE DANGEROUS TO HER HEALTH AND WELL BEING.
and so, although she might have also grounded her, yelled at her, talked to her, forbid her to see the guy....
she also made sure that she was protected from pregnancy...
because, as every mother knows, kids sometimes don't do what they are supposed to... they are kids!!
and dad, well, he just saw the birth control as permission given...

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
"She f****** my enemies inside my homeboys Benz
Now she begging God's mercy cause she ain't listen to Nas ,And never heard about Ike and the Iverson jersey
He got a cousin named Jayceon that rock the Gary Payton, Now the same trifling bitch is a HIV patient, true story."- the game.

Oh there will be blood flooding the streets if this was my wife and daughter, an I'll be a specialist in taxidermy, with all the trophies hidden in my closet. And hello we all know it a cool thing to come out of closets, and express and not hold in any negativity these days...msm.

Or maybe I'll just move to Mexico an enjoy the simple life.

Supposedly this virgin thing is highly sought after in eastern cultures were they have doctors repair the hymens. Hey, don't look at me, I ain't making this stuff up.

edit on 4-11-2017 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

Supposedly this virgin thing is highly sought after in eastern cultures were they have doctors repair the hymens.

which could possibly save some middle eastern women's life???

top topics

<<   2 >>

join