It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD is working to arrest Harvey Weinstein on rape allegations

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Looks like Harvey is going to have a bit of for real legal trouble according to NYPD Chief of Detectives Robert Boyce.
A rape of De la Huerta who is in the show biz business has a creditable rape complaint. There is a warrant being secured for the Manhattan DA.

The NYPD has a credible case to bust Harvey Weinstein for raping “Boardwalk Empire” star Paz de la Huerta — and the next step is to secure an arrest warrant from the Manhattan DA, a top department official said Friday.
“She put forth a credible and detailed narrative to us. We then sought to garner corroboration — this happened seven years ago — and we found corroboration,” Chief of Detectives Robert Boyce told reporters.
pagesix.com...

This is a 7 year old complaint so the detectives will have to do some gum shoeing.

“If this person was still in New York and it was recent, we would go right away and make the arrest. No doubt. But we’re talking about a 7-year-old case and we have to move forward gathering evidence first,” he said.

De la Huerta has talked to a therapist about the rape in the past, and there are recording of her sessions with the therapist.

Her attorney has also provided corroborating material to the district attorney — including a letter from her therapist and a recording from a journalist confirming that she’s talked about the alleged rapes in the past, the magazine reports.

edit on 3-11-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
How the is he not already in a cage.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Is he not a flight-risk?

Just questioning the release of this update because there was a previous story that he might leave the country. Has his passport been stripped or something?

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

$

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Weinstein has the unfortunate distinction of being the first legitimate target for the backlash against decades of festering perversion and victimization in the entertainment industry.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
If he just relocated to Israel, he will be safe and untouchable. Hopefully this will not effect all the cool movies and shows the Weinsteins bankroll. We love quite alot of their productions.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: dox0b

Is this the start of a cascade of busts that will gut this industry that seems to be ripe with this type of dysfunction?

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Sounds as though this may have some evidence backing it, so hopefully justice is served for the victim.

According to what I've read, the warrant is based on evidence outside the narrative given by the victim.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

I think you need to reach a certain threshold in assault complaints before NYPD will arrest you? The judicial system is an over-crowded joke, you know.
edit on 11/3/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
This scumbag needs to be behind bars permanently. The sooner the better.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

That is a very good question, isn't it? Seems to me he is a major flight risk, and at the least should be required to turn in his passport, and wear one of those transponder anklets-can't remember what they're called. Or, throw his butt into jail, pending his trial.

Can't help but wonder what the problem is.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Before I start, let me say Weinstein is scum and should be quartered.

Now, this woman says she was raped on TWO SEPARATE occasions. After the first time you were raped, would you EVER meet that individual alone again?

Well if your career is on the line and sleeping with this guy will advance it....lot's of girls do it.

It's rarely non-consensual. It's effing hollywood.

Coming out years later, and proclaiming what was done consensually to further your career as rape or harassment is equally as wrong as what pervo weinstein did.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

You would think that she wouldn't. But we also don't know the circumstances.

From the sounds of it, this guy is a monster, and the sooner behind bars playin' with Bubba, the better.

But it would not surprise me if he got bail, and skipped the country.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Weinstein definitely is scum, that's not a question. However this girl claiming to be raped twice, by the same person...it sounds more like a sales pitch for the $$$$

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Coming out years later, and proclaiming what was done consensually to further your career as rape or harassment is equally as wrong as what pervo weinstein did.

Rape, molestation, pedophilia, are ALL INEXCUSABLE AND DISGUSTING. I say we start a bonfire and heap the lot of them in it!

It's just curious to me that most of these allegations are coming from actors and entertainers that aren't doing any substantial acting or entertaining anymore. It would seem, and don't twist my words, considering the timelines presented as of late, that as the fame and fortune withers so comes the regrets and resentments.

Some do sleep their way to the top. Others were/are taken advantage of, but were probably coached as its just being a cost of doing business.

That by no means excuses the ones taking advantage of that aspect, but clearly there is an underling rot in tinsel town that has been operating this way for decades or more, I'm sure.

I respect them for coming forward and exposing it to save others from experiencing it. However, I'm not naive enough to believe that there isn't a "pay off" for doing so.

edit on E30America/ChicagoSat, 04 Nov 2017 04:35:58 -050011amSaturdayth04am by EternalShadow because: add/correction

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I'm sure there is statue of limitations in NY,,and with Weinsteins money,I'm sure he can buy some top lawyers,who have bought off judges,waiting 7 yrs to bring up allegations is grasping at straws I'm thinking

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

It's just curious to me that most of these allegations are coming from actors and entertainers that aren't doing any substantial acting or entertaining anymore. It would seem, and don't twist my words, considering the timelines presented as of late, that as the fame and fortune withers so comes the regrets and resentments.

This is known as 'power relations' and is prevalent in just about all instances of sexual abuse and sexual violence. Rapists and abusers don't target their equals or anyone with more power than they have. They go for weaker, more vulnerable individuals to exert their power over them and minimise the risks of capture. Some information you might find useful.

Another way of looking at it is the victim becomes a loaded gun with a bullet carrying the rapist's name. In that sense, the Weinsteins out there would deliberately remove power and opportunities from the victim to stop them having a voice. They'd take away the 'power' of the victim to leave the field open for more victims.

It's not hard for a few whispers to ruin the reputation of the people who were abused. After all, the majority of them were only just climbing the ladder and needed to generate 'buzz' and 'profile' to stand out from the crowd.

If you look at Vector's comments, you'll see that many people are quick to dismiss the victims as almost deserving what they get. One incidence of sexual abuse is deserving of sympathy and subsequent abuse is swiftly switched as the fault of the victim. This kind of logic means the more you rape someone, the less responsibility you have and the more blame goes to the victim. As ruthlessly cruel as this sounds, it's the way some people see the world and it'll play a part in why many victims don't come forward. It's the age-old distinction between rape victim and 'tease.'

Some people are always inclined to doubt the victim...

Vector is seeing it as complicity which is something that haunts many child abuse victims as well as adult victims. They often need to deal with feelings of guilt and fears that people won't believe them. All of which leads to silence.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
If he just relocated to Israel, he will be safe and untouchable. Hopefully this will not effect all the cool movies and shows the Weinsteins bankroll. We love quite alot of their productions.

I haven’t gotten enough caffeine yet this morning, so please tell me you aren’t serious.

If you are, and you’re more worried about the cool movies and shows than a deviant sociopath being taken down - no worries. He was fired. Source. It will still bankroll their productions.

Good grief, I need more coffee....

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   

The rich people's justice system is more lax than the system the rest of us have to follow. A simple look at criminal sentences surrounding celebrities makes that crystal clear.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

If you look at Vector's comments, you'll see that many people are quick to dismiss the victims as almost deserving what they get.

You may have taken it that way, but I didn't mean it that way.

A good percentage of these cases come from later life regret and dollar envy. It may not have been wanted at the time, but the payoff in return made it acceptable at the time, aka not rape.

I also know that isn't always the case, and genuine rape cases do indeed exist. I may come off as insensitive, but I'm not. Those who were genuinely raped I have all the empathy in the world for them, I too was a victim of sexual abuse as a young child, so I know the impact of it first hand. It's become unfortunate in these days that some women (and men too) will use sexual abuse and rape accusations as methods of payback or punishment, or for personal gain. There should be a law that punishes people who make false accusations with the same punishment the false allegation would receive, it would cut out a lot of the BS false cases right away.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join