It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN warning that we are now on course for 3C of global warming

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Climate Change is not man made. Its all driven by solar activity.

Has solar activity been increasing, or decreasing over the past 50 years or so? In your opinion.

edit on 11/3/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

show me a scientific peer review of the water rising please

The new GMSL rate over January 1993 to December 2015 is now close to 3.0 mm/yr. An important increase of the GMSL rate, of 0.8 mm/yr, is found during the second half of the altimetry era (2004–2015) compared to the 1993–2004 time span, mostly due to Greenland mass loss increase and also to slight increase of all other components of the budget.

onlinelibrary.wiley.com...

Here are a few more:
scholar.google.com...

'round my part of the world I've been seeing higher high tides and higher low tides than I've ever seen here for the past couple of years. But that's just anecdotal.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: BlissSeeker

If you think another 100 or so years of fossil fuel combustion is going to kill all of us...you're crazy.

If you think fossil fuels will be the main source of energy for electrical grids and transportation in 100 years, you're crazy.

Im not worried at all.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

If you think another 100 or so years of fossil fuel combustion is going to kill all of us...you're crazy.
Can you provide a source which says climate change will kill all of us if fossil fuel consumption continues for 100 years? Or is that just a strawman argument?

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I based my reply off of some of the rhetoric about global climate change due to fossil fuels that Ive seen from alarmists. You know, the end is nigh kind of rhetoric.

As for research, ive read a bit. Heard a bit. Seen a bit. Simply an educated guess (or a straw filled strawman argument as you put it). If the "youre crazy part" offended any one i do apologize, i should know better, im regularly called crazy with malicious intent. I can empathize.

I do think fossil fuel burning needs to be mitigated and eventually replaced which was implied by my post.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I based my reply off of some of the rhetoric about global climate change due to fossil fuels that Ive seen from alarmists.
Oh. Alarmists.

So it was a strawman argument. Not based on anything but arm waving.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Just words, Phage. Little useless words.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Without words we would not be human.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: CreationBro

Just words, Phage. Little useless words.

What a coincidence, some little useless words were released in a report today:
U.S. Report Says Humans Cause Climate Change, Contradicting Top Trump Officials

13 federal agencies unveiled an exhaustive scientific report on Friday that says humans are the dominant cause of the global temperature rise that has created the warmest period in the history of civilization.

Over the past 115 years global average temperatures have increased 1.8 degrees Fahrenheit, leading to record-breaking weather events and temperature extremes, the report says. The global, long-term warming trend is “unambiguous,” it says, and there is “no convincing alternative explanation” that anything other than humans — the cars we drive, the power plants we operate, the forests we destroy — are to blame.

The report was approved for release by the White House

How ironic!

What else do they say... oh there's this from awhile back:
Tillerson signs declaration stressing climate change threat
Also this:

Strange... seems like most everyone realizes it's happening and we're doing it.
edit on 21Fri, 03 Nov 2017 21:10:37 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago11 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Quick everyone buy some carbon credit.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

Heh. We are a nation of laws, afterall. And the report is a fruit of one of those laws. Funny (in the irony sense).
science2017.globalchange.gov...
A link to the report is posted in a post above.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Quick everyone buy some carbon credit.
Yeah. There's a guy on the corner of 5th and Main...wears black. Good connection.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Nice. Censor speech you don't agree with. Nice. You certainly ate your Orwellian Flakes this morning, didn't you?

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull
Have you read ATS lately?

This is being advocated constantly these days (example).

Decrying climate change is somewhat of a reverse yelling-fire-in-the-theatre; advocating inaction endangers our survival.

We are not acting on the clear and present dangers, in part because very powerful and vocal voices are advocating inaction... waiting just a bit more... as we edge closer and closer to the abyss.

In this case, the people being Orwellian are those who are saying humans are not responsible for climate change / that we aren't warming, when all conceivable evidence says otherwise.

These people are trying to ensure that everyone dies, whether rapture fanatics (God will destroy the Earth with Fire!), sheep misled by propaganda driven by vested interests, or people who think they'll survive the future hellscape... these people are not just advocating a different belief, but actively trying to kill people.
edit on 21Fri, 03 Nov 2017 21:33:40 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago11 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
If the UN was trying to take over the world, they wouldn't need climate change to do it. We have enough war, terrorism, poverty, hunger and disease for them to do that.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Oh noes...things may be getting warmer...get me out of here before i suffer.

Btw...still waiting for the ocean to rise..hasnt risen a millimeter yet.

Oh, the weather does not follow computer models so its because of humans.

God help us all if we do not follow the latest religion which blames mankind for EVERYTHING.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

No kids, I take it.

It's risen noticeably where I live. In my backyard. Actually.

Weather models are pretty good, actually. Those hurricanes acted pretty much as predicted, no?

Yeah. Because mankind has dominion. Right?

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO
Oh noes...things may be getting warmer...get me out of here before i suffer.

Sounds cool to me.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Total BS without Exact Scientific Evidence . Has the UN also started Mining Green Cheese on the Moon yet ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join