It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bergdahl Sentencing: No Prison Time, Dishonorable Discharge

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I know a lot of us who have served have been interested in seeing the outcome of this lying deserter.

Well, here we go:

NBC News

A military judge spared Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl from prison for walking off his post in Afghanistan in 2009, sentencing him on Friday to a dishonorable discharge and a reduction in rank but no time behind bars.

I spent four years of my life working as a military paralegal, the bulk of that being in the courtroom either on the side of the prosecution or defense. As a criminal-law Soldier (prosecution side), I was also expected to work directly with the judge during trials as well. That's neither here nor there, just a point that I understand the military court-martial system.

I have seen many Soldiers do terrible things and get court-martialed for it, but never desertion or misbehavior before the enemy. I have seen people sentenced to confinement for things much more trivial than these charges.

This military judge should be ashamed of himself.

In one of the most powerful testimonies, the wife of a soldier who was shot in the head while searching for Bergdahl spoke of how their family's lives were forever changed.

"He's lost me as a wife, essentially, because instead of being his wife, I'm his caregiver," said Shannon Allen, whose husband, Master Sgt. Mark Allen, is wheelchair-bound and cannot speak. "I mean, we can't hold hands anymore, unless I pry open his hand and place mine in it."

You know what, I have a few choice words for Bergdahl, but I won't say them in an OP...all that I will say is that this is a pretty disappointing day as far as the military-"justice" system is concerned.

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Get caught with a beer while you're under 21 in the military? Enjoy that Article 134 charge, because you "discredited" the military by having a beer.

Foreman grill in your room? My god, just because we put you in charge of a $6,000,000 tank and three other people's lives doesn't mean you can do something as positively bananas as cook food in your room!

Wander off your post in a combat zone?

Meh.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Slap in the face to those who died trying to find his sorry ass!

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I get updates on Fox and I couldn't agree more with President Trump on his latest Tweet regarding this traitor.

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 3h3 hours ago More The decision on Sergeant Bergdahl is a complete and total disgrace to our Country and to our Military.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Slap in the face to those who died trying to find his sorry ass!

It's a goddam slap in the face to anyone who understands honor and duty.
edit on 3-11-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Relax OP.

Let me tell you my side .

I have been investigating this case since it started. I have emailed Bowes father etc.

Ill say this. And you can chose to believe me or not. A little bit of research and you will draw the same conclusion.
Bowe did exactly what he was supposed to do.

Despite the popular narrative surrounding bowe's case and the "deaths " he cause by " desertion" . It's BS.

None of thoes men died as a direct result of bowe going Awol . They all died in separate operations not related to bowe. You can look this up .

Some will argue that even though they died while on a mission not related to bowe ,bowe was the secondary mission and always active objective. This could be true .

However . After digging hard on this issue and being very resistant to posting my findings on ATS. I am 110% certain that bowe was supposed to go Awol and get captured .

Research . You will find answers .

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Upon researching per yalls suggestion, I’ve conlcuded lawyers are moral relativists with the ability to rationalize and explain away any behavior...

To put it another, I learned that lawyers are smarmy...also today I learned the sky is blue and water is wet

-Chris

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I read the Sgt had serious mental issues. You are ignoring one side of this equation.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

That's very theatrical and mysterious and whatnot, but I don't think you're going to find many folks willing to go investigate this to the extent that you have (which is either from 2009 to now, or 2014 to now) based off a cryptic "look it up" comment.

Posting something substantive would go a long way towards convincing somebody, anybody, that it's worth it to put in years worth of effort for something you say you've already got figured out.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Number 1 - Bergdahl didn't go AWOL - he deserted. Five minutes of research will tell you the difference.

The desertion in a combat zone (though a capital offense) is not the real crime he committed.

Misbehavior Before the Enemy - (also a capital offense) is a far worse crime and is brushed past to mention AWOL.

So, Berghdal commits at least two capital offenses (one being the one of the worst acts a soldier can commit) and walks away with a smaller penalty than I've seen soldiers get for failing a urinalysis in the States during peacetime.

This judge should get a Relief for Cause (from the President if need be).

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
In part you can thank the Twit in Chief for this outcome. The Prosecutor already stated that Trump's tweets undermined his case since Trump is the Executive for the Department that was bringing the charges After Trump's Twitter tirade there was no getting a fair trial.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I'd point out that a Dishonerable discharged is no small beans, you'll be better off with life in prison. Plus the brand this individual has gotten, he'll simply fade away into obscurity.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Please explain how Trump is at fault for no punishment in a case where the Defendant pleaded guilty to two capital offenses (though of course reduced to life in prison).

How can Trump undermine the case if the defendant pleaded guilty?

Are you saying the Judge was afraid to punish him as proscribed by law - because Trump?

edit on 3-11-2017 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Dudes a POS and this pizzes me off. Hope he gets his arse kicked by every service member or whoever recognizes he cowardly arse. That poor woman she looses her freedom while Bergdahl gets his.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I have absolutely nothing nice to say about this traitor.

And that's all I'm going to say.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I believe the whole outcome was based on secrets coming out that would hurt certain political interests.
If this were an ordinary courts martial he'd be in for 20 years if not a firing squad.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta
Relax OP.

Let me tell you my side .

I have been investigating this case since it started. I have emailed Bowes father etc.

Ill say this. And you can chose to believe me or not. A little bit of research and you will draw the same conclusion.
Bowe did exactly what he was supposed to do.

Despite the popular narrative surrounding bowe's case and the "deaths " he cause by " desertion" . It's BS.

None of thoes men died as a direct result of bowe going Awol . They all died in separate operations not related to bowe. You can look this up .

Some will argue that even though they died while on a mission not related to bowe ,bowe was the secondary mission and always active objective. This could be true .

However . After digging hard on this issue and being very resistant to posting my findings on ATS. I am 110% certain that bowe was supposed to go Awol and get captured .

Research . You will find answers .

Where is your research and proof to back up what you are trying to say is the truth????

All I see is a bunch of words and utter BS!!!

I will give you a chance to prove your "research"!

Prove soldiers DIDN'T die searching for this TRAITOR!

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
The military groups that I'm part of online are for the most part going between utter disgust and borderline rage over this. Is sets precedent for future cases, and whether soldiers died looking for him or not, it's a disgrace that he got what's essentially a slap on the wrist and being told to sit in the corner.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
Upon researching per yalls suggestion, I’ve conlcuded lawyers are moral relativists with the ability to rationalize and explain away any behavior...

To put it another, I learned that lawyers are smarmy...also today I learned the sky is blue and water is wet

-Chris

There isn't a class of worker I find more repugnant than Lawyers, except traitors.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
disgusting

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join