It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We've Been Had. Fake-book, Fake News, Twitter and Insta-sham. How's it feel?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
This has come true as I was suspecting. Whomever you voted for...or against...It was a sham. What info was correct? What info was propaganda by Russian "trolls" to send us all one way or another? Does this mean we've elected...or not elected...the candidates on the real merits? How would we know? We've been spoon-fed all our information by questionable sources.

We had dissected, inspected, denounced, pronounced things that may have ..or not...been true. And we selected a leader on those very "topics" on "Fake Media", Twitter, Fake-book and Inst-sham. We really dont know the real truth or lies. Even Donny Dearest said the media was "fake-news". And yet he uses the very same media every day across the board...of all types...and got himself elected...or re-jected, however you see him.

Doesnt this now seem off? On these "facts", principles, forum discussions, votes and analogies on things now that we know they were "farmed out' to influence us all...we made...or changed our opinions. What's true and what wasnt? Confused? I am slightly. No matter who we wanted elected...or not...we based it on the media, social and otherwise. And Donny-Boy used the same media to put his messages out...that he has called "fake"...yet he does it. So, what's true? Will we ever know?

I saw Mr. Prez all through the 1970's, 80's, 90's, 2000's to now. I've followed his daily life since my teens. And his bankruptcies and "pennies on the $$" strategies to come out on top. And all 3 marriages. Many of you didnt watch his divorces and the mess that followed day to day. For that matter? I lived daily alongside watching the Clintons in college all through Will Bill's Presidency, and out the other side.

Many ATS'rs only know what theyve read in the past 20-30 years. But, there was more on everyone before there was social media. Much more. Some of us know more because we watched them year after year, without computer or social media to "lead" stories. We had the nightly news, newspapers, magazines and radio shows.That was it. No boards, no forums or chat rooms. Just maybe an Editorial page in a mag or paper. So, now here we are wondering to believe? Did we error and make a mistake on fake stories and posts?

Confused because it's now evident social media and "fake-news" has both led Mr. Trump and Ms. Clinton both to get their messages across..and then to find Russian "troll mills" spitting out spin after spin by the thousands of fake sites..Hell. Some of us may never have voted the ways we did now that we find Trump relays on Twitter and fake-news sources each day, yet condemns them the next. Hilllary-Hilarity just sits back now biting her nails and watches hoping the gov don't bust her doors down. So, we've been had.

All we know and discussed, and extrapolated info from...may have been completely biased and flat out wrong. And yet we voted either way on those beliefs. Pretty smart those Russians....*
Mysterioustranger

*I won't respond to all replies, but wanted to create a membership-dialog on the subject of what we now can or can't believe as fact, and how we all feel about being misleadt, because more of it is coming. Thanks. M.S.
edit on 2-11-2017 by mysterioustranger because: spl chkr

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

you need state farm

bomb jure

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Hell. Some of us may never have voted the ways we did now that we find Trump relays on Twitter and fake-news sources each day, yet condemns them the next. Hilllary-Hilarity just sits back now biting her nails and watches hoping the gov don't bust her doors down. So, we've been had.

I have in the past, as I do now, completely ignored social media. The president’s tweets not excluded.

I’ve never had a Facecrack or a twatter or an instakilo ever in my life.

So does this make me immune to Russian propaganda?

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

No. Farmers Insurance. "We know a few things....because we've seen a few things!"*

*I do already have State Farm.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

I am with you as far as the social squaddle goes ,so someone is going to have to fill me in as to what the OP is ranting about ....I mean besides Russia Russia Russia ...

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

You are making the rather large assumption that all voters have both Instagram and Facebook. I managed to vote and have neither. So did others.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
It is hard to believe anything anymore. You cannot believe reviews on products on the net, they hire people to make things up. This goes all the way up to politics and financial news, it is mostly made up.

We are living in the time of the deceiver, think about that. Were they trying to tell us that deceivers who tricked us into believing in things that were not true or relative would someday take over in the bible. This would lead to chaos and war and everyone would lose, people's greed and feeling they were screwed would feed their desire to kill others to gain back what they feel they lost.

Since half of what we hear is deception, people from other nations figure they can stir things up even more, a lot of these people are working for governments too. If they weaken our country, their country gets stronger they feel. A lot of countries consider the USA a sucker, a cash cow. These foreign interests can easily bribe our politicians with contributions and lobbying tactics. Big businesses do the same thing, they also pay fines to continue their disreguard of laws to the agencies governing them, these act as bribes to fund the agencies. What we think of as really going on is far from real.

We are easily buffaloed into believing things, human's attention span is not that good.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

state farm warned us not to believe everything on the internet

ps
i actually have farmers lol

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
With the exception of Trump.

He came right out and stated exactly what his agenda would be and people voted for it. He out foxed the media to continually get his stated agenda broadcast because the media elite could not pass up telecasting it so they could laugh at him.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

trump didnt care about the media because he used twitter
the media could not control his twitter
he says what he wants

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia

You are making the rather large assumption that all voters have both Instagram and Facebook. I managed to vote and have neither. So did others.

I managed not to vote and have neither as well...

...a lot of phone calls however with strange accents.../sarc/

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Yeah but Faux "News" just riffed on all that stuff, 24/7 propaganda.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   
"Trust no one" eh?

Not even this site.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Look at what the candidate has voted for in their professional career (assuming they've had one -- and at this point, I hope it's obvious that "President" shouldn't be a person's first political position). Look at what bills they supported. Look and what policy positions they advocate.

We all get distracted by nonsense. Very little of this nonsense matters.

But people really do love them some fake facebook crap.
edit on 3-11-2017 by Dudemo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: denybedoomed
"Trust no one" eh?

Not even this site.

Especially on this site. The political forums in particular are nothing but propaganda.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   

How about you tell me which piece of info swayed you to one side or another....then we can discuss wether russian trolls interfered with your vote.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Hell. Some of us may never have voted the ways we did now that we find Trump relays on Twitter and fake-news sources each day, yet condemns them the next. Hilllary-Hilarity just sits back now biting her nails and watches hoping the gov don't bust her doors down. So, we've been had.

I have in the past, as I do now, completely ignored social media. The president’s tweets not excluded.

I’ve never had a Facecrack or a twatter or an instakilo ever in my life.

So does this make me immune to Russian propaganda?

Well you certainly are not immune to be given a label of patsy should they ever need one, you would be instantly guilty in the eyes of your comrades if certain information all of a sudden became available for all to see ..

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   

I think he was selected coz Hillary is corrupt with emails for example. She Don't lead by example now does she

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

How about you tell me which piece of info swayed you to one side or another....then we can discuss wether russian trolls interfered with your vote.

I remember pretty clearly watching Bill Clinton on National TV that day, years ago, when he said something like "Again, let me make this perfectly clear...I DID NOT have sex with that woman". Monica Lewinski. During his presidency many things were brought to light about both Clintons, including their supposed drug running operations in Arkansas, the trail of bodies of people connected to them in some way, anyway...on and on. The list is a mile long. I know you were responding to someone else, but I voted for Trump based on the fact that I did not trust Hillary at all. Not sure if Russia has been making up these stories for 20+ years? If so, then I too have been deceived by those pesky russians.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   

I'm a shallow man...I just go by looks. Donny all the way.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join