It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Popular Twitter Personality and "American Blogger" Exposed As Russian Trolls

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

i dont care if billions of people share my opinion
my opinion does not change what social media is
what it is not is real

do you actually think people believe what you post here?

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

i agree

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

But it's a great look into what he truly is.

yes it is
and it is not unknown

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

I always wondered what their move would be when they completely lost the information war ...now we know

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Let's cut to the chase.

The Right Wing fell for one of the best, most intelligent fake news propaganda campaigns we have seen in some time.

In response, they complain about fake news and throw it in our faces at every opportunity.

Bustle, U.S. News and World Report, USA Today, several local Fox affiliates, InfoWars, BET, Yahoo Sports, Sky News, IJR, Breitbart, The Washington Post, Mashable, New York Daily News, Quartz, Dallas News, France24, HuffPost, The Daily Caller, The Telegraph, CNN, the BBC, Gizmodo, The Independent, The Daily Dot, The Observer, Business Insider, The National Post, Refinery29, The Times of India, BuzzFeed, The Daily Mail, The New York Times, and, of course, Russia Today and Sputnik.

Not just the Right Wing, nor would I consider 77,000 to be the Right Wing.

Cutting to the chase, you're just as partisan as anyone else.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat

So you admit that you lie, and you can't prove the right is fake news factories.

I did not say the right is fake news factories.

Actually, you did. You can play semantics all you want in your attempt to wiggle out of it -- assuming you just don't cop to it.

Fake news did not become an issue until it was shown the Right was completely owned by fake news factories.

It's ok I had a typo.

So that excuses him from claiming the right is completely owned by fake news factories.

He can't defend it, he knows that.

Bro, he is even going the old "is" way of attempting to walk it back (and I am a total mark for William Jefferson Clinton). As noted in the first place, he can play semantics all he wants, but I'm not petty enough to play those games, when he can simply say, "yeah, I let hyperbole get the better of me in a discussion of politics" -- or something along those lines. But he didn't and once had me believing he was above being a partisan hack.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
I love how this is being downplayed with comments like, "Well yeah...I never use Twitter..." or "Your a moron if you listen to stuff on social media..."

All the while, the same people likely were influenced indirectly and cheered others who shared the tweets and news articles by these trolls.

It's easy in retrospect to sit back and feign being indignant...

Remember all these usual suspects ranting & raving about a pizza parlor.

Buuut nooo, they would never fall for "social media" posts.

K~

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

So you admit that you lie, and you can't prove the right is fake news factories.

I did not say the right is fake news factories.

Actually, you did. You can play semantics all you want in your attempt to wiggle out of it -- assuming you just don't cop to it.

Fake news did not become an issue until it was shown the Right was completely owned by fake news factories.

It's ok I had a typo.

So that excuses him from claiming the right is completely owned by fake news factories.

He can't defend it, he knows that.

Bro, he is even going the old "is" way of attempting to walk it back (and I am a total mark for William Jefferson Clinton). As noted in the first place, he can play semantics all he wants, but I'm not petty enough to play those games, when he can simply say, "yeah, I let hyperbole get the better of me in a discussion of politics" -- or something along those lines. But he didn't and once had me believing he was above being a partisan hack.

Yes I know.

I admit I am right wing.

There are left wing posters that disagree with me more often than not, but they argue issues and the points in a thread, and I respect and welcome that.

Then there are those that just tell you lie with no evidence, play semantics, and claim to be fair minded.

Sometimes, they inadvertently tell you exactly what they are.
edit on 2-11-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek

originally posted by: Kettu
I love how this is being downplayed with comments like, "Well yeah...I never use Twitter..." or "Your a moron if you listen to stuff on social media..."

All the while, the same people likely were influenced indirectly and cheered others who shared the tweets and news articles by these trolls.

It's easy in retrospect to sit back and feign being indignant...

Remember all these usual suspects ranting & raving about a pizza parlor.

Buuut nooo, they would never fall for "social media" posts.

K~

For Truth people shouldnt scratch & sniff around in Hillary's emails, they should just stick to her public position on any and all things.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

i dont care if billions of people share my opinion

"I'm so independent that nothing influences me"

do you actually think people believe what you post here?

"but I think that most people think like me"

If people don't believe me, that's because they're not paying attention. I back up facts and if I say something that is factually incorrect and I'm made aware, I will admit that I was wrong. Now do I think that most people agree with my opinions on ATS?

I don't particularly care but I think I do alright. On the other hand, ATS is lousy with people who will believe a chronic liar like Trump time and time again and let's face it, most people don't like to have things they truly believe questioned, particularly when they're emotionally invested.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
If people don't believe me, that's because they're not paying attention. I back up facts and if I say something that is factually incorrect and I'm made aware, I will admit that I was wrong.

If only you'd step outside of the tunnel vision on occasion, and quit dodging the hard topics while pushing on as if you never saw them.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

They knew in 2014 Trump would win.

I doubt they even had more than a passing suspicion that Trump would run in 2015. More likely they have been planting personas in social media for future use. Start up a bunch of accounts, after a couple weeks, weed out the ones that aren't doing well and replace them.

Keep doing that and you're bound to come up with some winners. Nurture those, flesh them out, dedicate more resources. Keep them active enough to maintain a decent following until they're needed for whatever purpose and then put them to use.

Hell, you could even recoup some of the labor costs by monetizing them with run-of-the-mill marketing.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   

hahahaha
my i dont care is mocked
then in a later paragraph you dont care if people believe you
ahahahahahahahaha

look i will generally read what you post here, and for the most part i believe what you post. when you post something i find odd i look it up. sorry if you think most people dont, but i do. there are a handfull here whose posts i will read and give the benifit of doubt, but only because i have read things here for over a decade.
i still research their odd posts as well.

none of that changes the fact that social media is not real. im guessing your user name is not on your official long form birth certificate? that kind of makes this fake,no?

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: pavil

They knew in 2014 Trump would win.

I doubt they even had more than a passing suspicion that Trump would run in 2015. More likely they have been planting personas in social media for future use. Start up a bunch of accounts, after a couple weeks, weed out the ones that aren't doing well and replace them.

Keep doing that and you're bound to come up with some winners. Nurture those, flesh them out, dedicate more resources. Keep them active enough to maintain a decent following until they're needed for whatever purpose and then put them to use.

Hell, you could even recoup some of the labor costs by monetizing them with run-of-the-mill marketing.

you understand you just described "correct the record"?

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Actually, I read your thread the other night and queued up some quotes to address in NPP (heard you use NPP too, it's pretty dope right? Been using it for years, it's essentially a clone of gedit which I use in Linux).

You win, you've nagged me about it enough. I'm going to go respond right now. Damn you and your brainwashing.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Finally a challenger.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 3-11-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Someone using social media lied?

..and still you are one of many members on ATS who promote and fall for fake social media news over and over again.

It's all there in your posting history

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

That's like saying nobody anywhere ever should be heard out, because Homo sapiens are the pack of habitual liars that they are.

edit on 3-11-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   

I found this reply to be thoughtful and well considered. Yet you say you fail to see that this is such a big deal. I think it is and still i agree with you on your speculations of how it can be used to advance mcarthiast tactics from both sides.

Because it is not ''who'' is doing it but 'that' it is being done. As long as we squabble over which side is being ''taken in'', we cannot focus clearly on the important knowledge that we are. The McCarthy pogroms you envision are headed our way Gambler, one way or the other, this way or that, and when they do, it will be much easier to take down one side at a time than both at the same time.
When those pogroms come,who will be in the balcony cheering on the prosecutor, the left, or the right? Either one,and we are lost.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
If you are afraid of Twitter then don't read it.

I don't have a Twitter so I don't have to worry about being brainwashed by 'evil' Russians. ATS has more than enough well-vetted information for all of us.

Hardly.

ATS is a pit of disinfo and propaganda.

People on this site are more misinformed than any other group of people I have encountered.

Just the kind of comment I'd expect from you.

The people on this site are more informed about their experiences than you.

It's all relative, right?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join