It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two NYPD Cops Charged for Kidnapping Teen, Cuffing Her, Then Raping Her in Their Van

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDeLattre89
As a former cop . . . I say give them life in prison in gen-pop.

I'm certain, as a former cop, that you mean if they're found guilty, right? right?

I'm equally as certain that you must have insider knowledge that it wasn't consensual.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Couldmt have been consensual according to the law even if she says yes. She was placed under arrest to free herself she may very well agreed to it. But do to her situation namely not wanting to go to jail on a drug charge she was forced to. They agree it happened and she was not in a position to give them permission to perform the act so it was rape. Go to jail do not pass go.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Let's say you go out on you 8 hour shift with bodycam attached and recording, you get through your shift without incident then erase the memory stick and the end of your shift ready for the next day, if something happens like shooting a kid in the park with a toy gun or any other incident that requires scrutiny you simply do not delete the days events, that day is kept on a data base to be reviewed later.

If this is how it already works there must be some dishonesty with the officers involved when there is no recording of what happened during the shift.

To address you second point it's not the complaints that are the pressing issues, it's the Mike Brown, Freddy grey, Eric Garner, Tamir rice type events that makes the news, that's what people focus on. It's these incidents that get people to lose trust in the system and those who enforce it.

It protects both police and civilians from backlash, for example the Mike Brown incident would not have ended in riots etc had there been body cam footage, assuming the officers story was genuine.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

I'm equally as certain that you must have insider knowledge that it wasn't consensual.

Aside from the fact that you can't really consent when you're handcuffed? Or even better, if it had been consensual, why deny that they were intimate with the girl before they realized that they foolishly left genetic material in her? That's pretty brazen to not even entertain the notion of the possibility of getting caught! I wonder how many times these two losers have got away with it before? Oh sorry... allegedly got away with it before.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I'm certain, as a former cop, that you mean if they're found guilty, right? right?

There is no consenting when in police custody by the very nature of the situation.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The body cameras I’m familiar with don’t rely on the officer wearing it to upload the video, and that’s to prevent video from being deleted in exactly the situation you describe. Data is encrypted and uploaded and there’s nothing the officer can do about it short of destroying the entire device.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

There is no consenting when in police custody by the very nature of the situation.

Yes indeedy! That's what I get for not reading the entire article....in the OP there was no mention that she was actually under arrest, only handcuffed....but I found out otherwise.
edit on 4-11-2017 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Sure there is a flaw, it requires an element of honesty , like I said earlier though to minimise mind boggling amounts of data being saved we have to rely on the integrity of the officers.

Let's face it if there is a Mike Brown type incident and the footage is deleted, fair to assume someone is covering their ass.

I realize what I'm suggesting is far from perfect.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: face23785
Just curious who is the girl in the picture? If it's the alleged victim, it's disgusting that anyone would be pasting her picture all over the internet. If it's not her, what the # is that picture doing here?

I was just about to post this. Pretty sad.

I thought I read this story the other day and it was said she's actually 18 and gave them both BJ's. It didn't mention intercourse.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I have no insider knowledge, but from what I read they admitted their guilt.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
They will be killed in Prison. Justice enough for me.

Ya right keep dreaming. They will forever be in protective custody and be "taken care of". Cops don't get put away in general population

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

I have no insider knowledge, but from what I read they admitted their guilt.

Yea, my crime here was in not reading the article in it's entirety, which is something I rarely do....you're right, according to that article they certainly did.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join