It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Plane sized" void found in the great pyramid

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+38 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
It's amazing that there are still huge discoveries like this one.

link here

Also I love the way the scientists used atmospheric muons as the way to detect the void.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr X

I had heard about this project, but had not heard the results. I am most interested in the "heat" spots that they found.

Great post... S&F.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Yeah.. Just Seen this on BBC news

BBC news link

I love this kind of stuff.. Having been to Giza and touched the pyramids... makes the Mythos behind these massive structures all the more exciting at a personal level..

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Oh boy! It looks like the ‘mysteries of the pyramids’ have just been revived with the discovery of a bloody big void in the Great Pyramid. The empty space is situated across the unexplained shafts which many on ATS will be familiar with.

It’s too soon to be calling the void a ‘chamber’ or ‘Tutankhamenesque burial chamber full of treasure.’ Nevertheless, the hollow is unlikely to be there by accident and will undoubtedly be there by design. It makes the shafts even more mysterious as their purpose might be more to do with this space than the other known chambers within Khufu’s pyramid.

Khufu famously contains three large interior chambers and a series of passageways, the most striking of which is the 47m-long, 8m-high Grand Gallery.

The newly identified feature is said to sit directly above this and have similar dimensions.

"We don't know whether this big void is horizontal or inclined; we don't know if this void is made by one structure or several successive structures," explained Mehdi Tayoubi from the HIP Institute, Paris.

"What we are sure about is that this big void is there; that it is impressive; and that it was not expected as far as I know by any sort of theory."
www.bbc.co.uk...

This has only just gone up on BBC and I haven’t checked other sources yet. The team’s website is currently inaccessible to me – maybe busy.

ETA - Nothing about it on the ScanPyramids website. Last news update was 2016. There are frequent fake news stories about discoveries in Egypt and this could be one too. Wait and see imo.

edit on 11.2.2017 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
My theory is that the pyramids when filled with water act as a telepathy device or some type of mind affector to facilitate some type of communication.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

I wish you would have had a bit more info re the subject matter in your post, rather then two sentences and a link.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Might be an interesting math link.
Why now?
I haven't weighed in on many of the Vegas shooter threads for lack of interest.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I know next to nothing about the pyramids and assumed this was buried deep underneath the pyramid but it says it is in the middle?

Am I right in thinking that we have not been all round the empty bits inside it and if so why not?

+17 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

People used to think it had hidden rooms, but all the digging and canon fire couldn't uncover any rooms. It became almost taken for granted that it was top-to-bottom solid...with the exception of the shafts and known chambers.

A few years back, international scientists began using all the new gear to see if they could find hidden rooms. They used satellite technology and even started doing penetration tests with radar and cousins of radar. Accoustics. You name it and they've tried it.

The guys who are saying they've found this void have great pedigree. They discovered a small void a few years back using similar technology.

Am I right in thinking that we have not been all round the empty bits inside it and if so why not?

The spaces are inaccessible without fetching in the cranes and construction teams. so far, they'd need to start to removing blocks from the outside to get in there. It's not possible from the inside (afaik) because the architect designed the spaces to be blocked from grave robbers and intruders. In an ideal world, Khufu and his treasures will be totally intact in there.

On the other hand, breaking the seal could unleash a terrible curse and release a very angry Khufu upon an unsuspecting world. He'll be very cranky and hell-bent on taking over the world. Honestly, we'll miss Islamic State by the time Khufu's made himself Pharaoh of Earth and recalled the alien overlords from whence his loins are descended.
edit on 11.2.2017 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

“This large void has therefore been detected with a high confidence by three different muon detection technologies and three independent analyses,” the scientists said. “While there’s currently no information about the role of this void, these findings show how modern particle physics can shed new light on the world’s archaeological heritage.”

www.rt.com...

It could be the room where the Pharaohs met with their Gods for monthly management meetings?

edit on 2/11/2017 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Someone was talking about this, a thread I think around a few months ago.

I never could believe they'd go to all that trouble stacking all that volume, only to have a mancave for him, for wardrobe closet for her, and a crapper.
edit on 2-11-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Someone was talking about this, a thread I think around a few months ago.

I never could believe they'd go to all that trouble stacking all that volume, only to have a mancave for him, for wardrobe closet for her, and a crapper.

I can't imagine they would go to all that trouble without putting something seeriously cool in there like a stargate or similar alien tech

Call me what you will I would get one of those bit drilly mining machines and head on in there and to hell with preserving ancient monuments.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Rock Ape

You are very lucky. I know what you mean. I remember how I felt the first time I stood in front of a Renior painting.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: anotherside

I phone one? ET phone home.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

On the other hand, breaking the seal could unleash a terrible curse and release a very angry Khufu upon an unsuspecting world. He'll be very cranky and hell-bent on taking over the world. Honestly, we'll miss Islamic State by the time Khufu's made himself Pharaoh of Earth and recalled the alien overlords from whence his loins are descended.

Sounds great..... wait, is this the plot of The Mummy?

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

“This large void has therefore been detected with a high confidence by three different muon detection technologies and three independent analyses,” the scientists said. “While there’s currently no information about the role of this void, these findings show how modern particle physics can shed new light on the world’s archaeological heritage.”

www.rt.com...

It could be the room where the Pharaohs met with their Gods for monthly management meetings?

I'm kind of hoping there is an airplane in the "airplane sized hole".

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

The new Assassin's Creed game shows that under the pyramid are advanced technology from a prehistoric civilization.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Elon Musk needs to start "Pyramid X" for ways to open up the chambers.

We can send up the robot Djedi, but thats not good enough. I think it will turn into the Oak Island treasure fiasco when they sent down the rover that just bounced around in the corner the whole time!

Keep the Lagina Bros out of Egypt!
edit on 1122017 by Butterfinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
It could also be a false positive. The void looks like it mirrors the Grand Gallery, but my personal fear is that it could be a weak space in the Pyramid, and that it could be falling apart from the inside. Since a couple of shafts run through the possible void, it might be a good idea to revisit the drone idea to see what it is.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Kewl! It may be awhile but they will at some point drill in and place a camera/robot into both. I do hope something of interest is found - I suspect something like the relieving chambers - ie rocks, dust and maybe some graffiti!

I hope I am wrong

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join