It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple people down in shooting at Colorado Walmart: police

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

My point is that if it's a brown guy then it suddenly speaks for all brown people, but if it's a white guy then it only speaks for him as an individual and not all white people.

Are you denying that that isn't usually the case? Do you deny that there are some who will use this guy's actions as a wedge against all gun owners in the same exact way?
edit on 11/1/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ofleming
a reply to: JBurns

Now it's sounding like there were multiple shooters???

That is terrible. What would posses two individuals to murder innocent shoppers?

Violent people committing acts of evil frquently

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Grambler

What's your line again?

Oh yeah.

So calling the truth for what it is is "divisive"?

How can you deny that that's not true? If the guy is darker complexioned then there are people who will blow it out of proportion compared to if it's a white guy who did it.

Are you saying the Las Vegas Shooter didn't make the news for weeks on end? Where were you? You are being intellectually dishonest, which means when you accuse someone else of being dishonest it nullifies your argument on the grounds of crying wolf.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Weren't there calls for banning guns over the actions of that one man? Now tell me, how is that any different than calling for the banning of certain demographics from coming into the country over the actions of a few?

There is no difference yet people are too blind to see that they're hypocrites.
edit on 11/1/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

A new sick and twisted regularity..

Thanks to the mainstream media...

Especially that. Mass murders been going on since forever, but when I was young it was already recognized that media coverage of these events only excited other (fence sitters) to join in for their fifteen minutes of media fame.

So back then they downplayed these events so as to not arouse other copycat psychos to repeat the act.

Imagine that, the media downplaying events?

One might think they did that now on purpose to generate as many of these incidents as possible to further an agenda...

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

It most certainly doesn't represent all "brown" people as you say. Individuals are responsible for their own actions regardless of demographics.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

originally posted by: ofleming
a reply to: JBurns

Now it's sounding like there were multiple shooters???

That is terrible. What would posses two individuals to murder innocent shoppers?

Violent people committing acts of evil frquently

It's Colorado. We could be fresh for a change and blame pot.

Sort of sick how quickly this thread has devolved into the usual round of finger-pointing.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

My point is that if it's a brown guy then it suddenly speaks for all brown people, but if it's a white guy then it only speaks for him as an individual and not all white people.

Are you denying that that isn't usually the case? Do you deny that there are some who will use this guy's actions as a wedge against all gun owners in the same exact way?

If he's Hispanic it's a mental illness, if he's Islamic, we bunch them together because we know their holy book says it's ok to kill us and lie to us. Maybe many of them don't agree with that extremism, but you don't see any Muslims standing up against terrorists, really making a stance. If they did, they'd be killed. We have a right to see patterns and acknowledge adversary beliefs in people.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: SunnyDee

but you don't see any Muslims standing up against terrorists, really making a stance

100% false and you know it. That's like saying there are no gun owners standing up against gun violence and mass murders.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

If he's brown skinned you can be sure there will be people ridiculously outraged over it, if it's a white guy expect "prayers for the families" and "what a tragedy" schticks without much outrage.

5th post in the thread
do you offer updated info?
do you inquire about the dead or wounded?
no
you choose to post about skin color.
well done

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Are you saying you believe that white people are committing these acts terrorism in the name of ....." I am not sure what to put here".
What brown guy speaks for all brown people?
Another of your remarks that makes it about skin color. I am not sure why you would even say that. If it was an attack by an Islamist, that would render your argument invalid. An Islamist is not a race, it is a religion. Unless your are only categorizing Islam with only brown skin, which could be interpreted as racial misgivings from people who only care about color and doesn't want to consider that it may have to do with anything else.

Why would I deny that? Both sides do it, but would you not consider that in the past 20 years their has been quiet the uptick in Islamic violence in countries around the world?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

As if that's not exactly what happened in the thread about the terrorist attack in New York yesterday too, but I'm sure you had no problem with it happening there. Good job.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

but you don't see any Muslims standing up against terrorists, really making a stance

100% false and you know it. That's like saying there are no gun owners standing up against gun violence and mass murders.

Ahhh, political major student? Twisting my words into a new argument. My words were too direct and factual and you can't have that! Koran preaches hate for infidels, and there is no leeway in that. Find me an Islamic group preaching against islamic terrorists in the U.S.
edit on 1-11-2017 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

There has been an uptick in crimes from all races all over the world. What's your point? It's easier to kill people today than ever before and people are taking advantage of it more than ever regardless of what religion or culture they belong to.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

The Torah teaches the same exact sort of things, I don't see very many Christians in an uproar that we send hundreds of millions of dollars to Israel every year though.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

There has been an uptick in crimes from all races all over the world. What's your point? It's easier to kill people today than ever before and people are taking advantage of it more than ever regardless of what religion or culture they belong to.

so what was the point of your original post? I mean other than to illicit a specific response from specific users??

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Agreed

It would be a good idea to get all the facts together. Hopefully that information can help determine what can be done to curb the senseless murder of innocent people.

Thoughts and prayers are with the victims. Stay safe and stay vigilant everyone, hopefully this is the end of it.

(post by shooterbrody removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

That was the point. As some people around here say: "to smoke out the rats".

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I guess my comment hit a little too close to home. I'm sorry I pointed it out.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join