It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you had to choose the cuisine of just one country or culture what would it be?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I would choose Mediterranean for my health-hard to find good olive oil restaurants here in the US. Live in the southern US-hate the food here.

My luxury/dream if any kind of food would be French-with all the sauces-but not snails.

Have eaten Eastern foods in Japan, China, Vietnam etc.-well, didn't eat-and lost weight-so, good if you want to lose weight-disgusting.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Italian.

Nothing else comes close.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
good question.

probably chinese. not the bull# takeout style where every restaurant in every state has the same stock picture for lo mein.
traditional chinese food. tea house type food. bak choi and dim sum. god damn right

2nd would be any that is rich in seafood. i love steak and burgers and # but seafood is the jam.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Salmon with black bean sauce is pretty awesome.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc
a reply to: nonspecific

Poland. The food is too good.

You have food in Poland?
Let me guess, onions and sausages. Onions and pasta, onions and onions with garlic!,

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Hands down...

Cajun!

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
a reply to: Trueman

Mac and cheese and hamburgers are definitely american cuisine.

Sure, because the "americans" invented noodles, cheese and Hamburgers. I guess the only recipe the americans ever invented was to put tons of sugar and tons of fat on almost everything you eat.

Noodles are from the chinese, cheese goes even back to the stone ages.

Hamburgers are buns with a meatball, coming, oh wonder, from Hamburg/Germany. You just put some sugar in form of ketchup to it. Your loved fries are from belgium, even if you call them falsely "french" fries. But hey, belgium is a nice city anyway and germany is a dirthole if a terror attack happens in paris...

Sorry, but a nation of some very few hundreds of years, without a own culture, can´t have a own culture of cooking.
All you cook is copied from meals from all around the world. You did maybe some silly things like making holes in buns and call them bagels. A bun with a hole in the middle, what a crap. Or you took Berliner, made a whole in it(and removing the jam in the middle) and call them donuts. Why do you need holes in your food? Should it look like the food got shot?

And that fat and sugar thing, eating way too much of it, cooking with way too much of it, that is maybe what you can call "american cuisine". Putting sugar and fat to all recipes from all over the world, and mix everything up(you call it fusion food, don´t you?).

I am sorry, but it is as it is.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
I would choose Mediterranean for my health-hard to find good olive oil restaurants here in the US. Live in the southern US-hate the food here.

My luxury/dream if any kind of food would be French-with all the sauces-but not snails.

Have eaten Eastern foods in Japan, China, Vietnam etc.-well, didn't eat-and lost weight-so, good if you want to lose weight-disgusting.

Biscuits and gravy. Fried chicken. The whole barbecue thing...
You must be a bot, cuz southern food is awesome!

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

We stole it, fair and square!

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
We stole it, fair and square!

Best part is we didn't have to steal it, it was willingly brought here by people who wanted to come here more than they wanted to live there.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yea, but stealing makes it sound more badass.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Chinese.

Some of the tastiest food I have ever had was Chinese.
It's healthy,and covers quite a broad selection.

But that is just my opinion/taste preference.

The only problem I would have is that I love beef, and they don't use a lot of it.

edit on 1-11-2017 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Do Chinese use that fish sauce in their food? I hate that crap.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

originally posted by: ksiezyc

Poland. The food is too good.

You have food in Poland?
Let me guess, onions and sausages. Onions and pasta, onions and onions with garlic!,

That reminds me of the Monty Python SPAM skit.

But hey! We even have that in the US. It's called Hawaii.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Yeah, I don't care much for fish sauce.
I think I would avoid that..

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Oh, but fish sauce is so useful especially in marinades.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Oh, but fish sauce is so useful especially in marinades.

If you brush steak with fish sauce and then wrap in kitchen paper and refridgerate for 48 hours and then rince and dry it tastes like it has been aged a lot longer and gives the umami flavour of well aged beef.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I've loved "Tex-Mex" food the best since I was a kid and it s still my favorite.

Sal

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Lebanese. No debate. Love the people too.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Southern.

Homemade buttermilk biscuits and gravy, more of those biscuits with sorghum molasses, pickled bologna, deviled eggs, fried chicken, pecan pie, fried catfish, beer hush puppies, fried green tomatoes, ham and beans with homemade cornbread and fried potatoes, with a few slices of fresh garden tomato on the side, pit barbecue mutton or pork...........

Been eatin' like that all my life. No way in Hell I'm givin' it up now.

For me as well...ALL Southern cooking. With a heavy influence on Cajun cooking.

Cajun cuisine (French: Cuisine cadienne, [kɥizin kadʒæ̃n]) is a style of cooking named for the French-speaking Acadian people deported by the British from Acadia in Canada to the Acadiana region of Louisiana. It is what could be called a rustic cuisine; locally available ingredients predominate and preparation is simple.

An authentic Cajun meal is usually a three-pot affair, with one pot dedicated to the main dish, one dedicated to steamed rice, special made sausages, or some seafood dish, and the third containing whatever vegetable is plentiful or available. Shrimp and pork sausage are staple meats used in a variety of dishes.

The aromatic vegetables green bell pepper (poivron), onion, and celery are called the holy trinity by Cajun chefs in Cajun and Louisiana Creole cuisines. Roughly diced and combined in cooking, the method is similar to the use of the mirepoix in traditional French cuisine which blends roughly diced onion, celery and carrot.

Characteristic aromatics for the Creole version may also include parsley, bay leaf, green onions, dried cayenne pepper, and dried black pepper.

I grew up eating this almost dauly...cant beat a good jambalaya or gumbo. Unless of course you top it with some boiled crayfish...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join