It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you had to choose the cuisine of just one country or culture what would it be?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
I would say that before 150 years ago with no real communication or travel we ate locally and from our own culture on the whole so anything after that needs to be a bastardised version far far removed from the origional.

150 years ago you we were eating American beef raised in the Midwest, slaughtered in New York City, and shipped on ice to Britain. New York, at one time, lead the world in beef, beer, sugar, candy, bread and coffee production.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Southern.

Homemade buttermilk biscuits and gravy, more of those biscuits with sorghum molasses, pickled bologna, deviled eggs, fried chicken, pecan pie, fried catfish, beer hush puppies, fried green tomatoes, ham and beans with homemade cornbread and fried potatoes, with a few slices of fresh garden tomato on the side, pit barbecue mutton or pork...........

Been eatin' like that all my life. No way in Hell I'm givin' it up now.

Amen but I have to add Louisiana Cajun food.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I mean, you are talking to someone who has not a bone of Hispanic anywhere in her body who finds ways to "taco" everything, not just the truly Mexican stuff I make, because that's how my kid will eat it.

This household likely has a really screwed up recipe profile for anyone on the outside looking in.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Bramble Iceshimmer

Oooo, hadn't thought of Cajun, but it rocks too.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I would say that before 150 years ago with no real communication or travel we ate locally and from our own culture on the whole so anything after that needs to be a bastardised version far far removed from the origional.

150 years ago you we were eating American beef raised in the Midwest, slaughtered in New York City, and shipped on ice to Britain. New York, at one time, lead the world in beef, beer, sugar, candy, bread and coffee production.

Not me I was not alive 150 years ago.

And neither were my ancestors as they were Welsh miners and too poor to eat beef.

I think they just took it in turns to suck on the family pebble when in need of sustinance.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Oooo, hadn't thought of Cajun, but it rocks too.

Cajun is one half of original Southern food, the other being Creole. New Orleans is one of the great food cities in the history of cuisine.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

And neither were my ancestors as they were Welsh miners and too poor to eat beef.

I think they just took it in turns to suck on the family pebble when in need of sustinance.

Well, if you weren't a pebble-sucker the likelihood was your Sunday roast started in the United States Midwest. The United States cattle industry made beef affordable for many people to the point that when visitors came here in the late 1800s they were astounded that even poor people ate meat multiple times a week.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Well, if you weren't a pebble-sucker the likelihood was your Sunday roast started in the United States Midwest. The United States cattle industry made beef affordable for many people to the point that when visitors came here in the late 1800s they were astounded that even poor people ate meat multiple times a week.

I read a book about that a while ago as it happens.

The whole farming and meat packing industry thing and how it evolved made me think about going vegatarian.

I didn't do it mind but I did think about it until about dinnertime that evening.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

American because it is a combination of every culture that has come here.

And I don't care if I'm cheating because I'm a Mason.

Aren't the sacrificial babies enough?
I didn't know masons ate anything else.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

The whole farming and meat packing industry thing and how it evolved made me think about going vegatarian.

I didn't do it mind but I did think about it until about dinnertime that evening.

There's not enough bacon in a vegetarian's diet for me to convert.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Tough choice between Greek and Lebanese.

Antarctica.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
Aren't the sacrificial babies enough?
I didn't know masons ate anything else.

We like to mix it up with pizza in our kill room every once in awhile.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

There's not enough bacon in a vegetarian's diet for me to convert.

I am not entirely comfortable with the ammount of bacon in a carnivores diet to be honest.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
And no one else has chicken fried steak. Thats a USA exclusive.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I am not entirely comfortable with the ammount of bacon in a carnivores diet to be honest.

I'll eat yours.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

I never figured out if that was chicken cooked like a steak or steak cooked like chicken?

You are an odd bunch so it would not suprise me to find out it was actually fish.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

I never figured out if that was chicken cooked like a steak or steak cooked like chicken?

You are an odd bunch so it would not suprise me to find out it was actually fish.

Cube steak battered and pan fried like chicken. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
edit on 1-11-2017 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Poland. The food is too good.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
AMERICAN..... meat an' badadas....

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Japanese all day. I could live on sushi, fried rice and sesame seed mustard sauce.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join