It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNC: White men shouldn't apply for tech jobs

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It does not matter. If the person who wrote that has any authority in hiring that position anywhere in the process it is a civil violation.

Ive seen EEOC audits for far, far less.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

It could have just as easily been a prank too. Let's wait and see.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Dunno man....theres a screenshot of the email.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

what if the person was female but now Is a cis straight white male

does that mean they cant apply

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: ketsuko

I once had two people up for the same job. They were both equally qualified. One was not more qualified than the other. One was a white male and one was a black female. I hired the black female because I wanted more diversity. I didn't hire her just because she was a black female. I hired her because she was perfectly qualified for the job AND she was a black female. Another manager might have picked the guy because he was perfectly qualified and that manager felt more comfortable working with a man. I don't think either of us would be considered discriminatory, as long as our first criteria was the qualifications needed to do the job.

This is what I mean about the right person for the job being subjective.

I have been in a position to hire people in a large corporation in the tech field for a while now. It should never be a subjective outcome. There should always be a clear winner of a job competition. That is why there are multiple stages to application. You filter out non qualified people with the resume. In my practice I then have a general knowledge test with the low performers being weeded out. I then have an interview which is marked by two separate interviewers, if at this time there are multiple people with the same score (which rarely happens) you then call the candidates back for a second more in depth interview and hire the person who scores the best regardless of any other factors. This is how hiring should be done and how a person looks, prays or lays should not even enter the equation.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
So as pointed out by someone else, the most important bit in the article was omitted by the OP, and ignored by everyone else. But hey.. don't let facts get in the way of your witch hunt.

Also you are deluded if you don't think that race is considered when filling spots, or when laying people off. Not only is it common, businesses ironically do this to comply with minority laws, typically once they have been caught or sued for racial discrimination.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

And that means what in the world of photoshop?

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
So apologists for this DNC hiring practice would also have no problem with any company's hiring staff sending out an email to its employees looking to recruit people for open spots, that says: "Don't hire any gays, women or African-Americans."

"Only forward qualified applicants that have hot bodies. We have a lot of flabby people working here already!"

The person who wrote the email should be fired so that the rest of the staff knows their employer is taking steps to protect them from discrimination.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
The actual email-

Ah, I see Madeleine Leader is the Data Services Manager...and there are eight positions (most of them are management-level) and she doesn't even want to consider cisgender, straight, white males for any of the positions.

And, yet, at the very end of this email appears: "They/them/theirs." I presume that's a pronoun use reminder so as not to discriminate or offend anyone who is not cisgender.

Wow...the hypocrisy.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: NotTheCIA
a reply to: MotherMayEye

It's really only hypocrisy if you're spineless enough to let things like this bother you.

The real hypocrisy is claiming this is 'liberal'/'democrat'/'left' and crying about it at all like this is a ubiquitous problem with 'liberal people', when it's just as likely to be a falseflag created by yet again, clever, but dishonest people on the Right.

What do you mean it's a false flag? You think Madeleine Leader is a dishonest righty, who infiltrated the DNC and sent the email out to discredit them?

If you have any evidence to support that...show it.

Also, why am I spineless because I think it's hypocritical?

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

It means there is enough evidence to discuss the topic, man.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

It means there is enough evidence to discuss the topic, man.

The DNC confirmed the email. They just basically said it was the actions of a rogue employee.

What they are doing to protect their other employees from discrimination (if anything) is not clear.

And it does beg the question as to why Madeleine Leader felt so comfortable sending out an internal email, like that? It also makes me wonder how many cisgender, straight, white males were on that email-list?

But then I am "spineless" to even ponder this...or so I have been told.

edit on 11/2/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

because you are disgusted by hypocrisy, that you probably convey, that's typical.

Hypocritically hypocritical, when convenient.

And no, your hypothesis is stupid, the document could be forged though, pretty easy to open word processor and type anything, then put anyone's name.

So I'm skeptical, sorry you trust such poor evidence and find issues with me for that. This scores between Squat and Jack-squat to me for integrity.

The DNC acknowledged it is authentic. Keep up.

And cut it out with the ad-hominem attacks.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Lol. Gotcha. Well I'll just wait and see then.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

So you're saying that "All liberals are like this, but it's a secret only I can interpret for a group of people based off a single individual actions. They have a master plan to hate white cis male people, and work together on this in unison as they sing songs to the devil."

The confirmation bias is unreal, and the amount of blanketed generalization is bizarre.

Yes. It is bizarre. Because I didn't say that. YOU invented me saying that. And then to go on and talk about others using straw man fallacies...lol. It's pretty zany, dude.

So, 'bizarre' is right.

The spin and invention you've come up with in the rest of your screed is equally disturbing.

BTW, I consider myself a liberal...even if I am not a Democrat.

edit on 11/2/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Lol. Gotcha. Well I'll just wait and see then.

Sounds like the DNC confirmed it was a real email, and they are trying to throw its sender under the bus.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join