It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does long hair give you superpowers?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I think an important question is why our hair just grows and grows? Other animals do not do that apart from a few that I think we bred that way.

If I go a year without at least a trim I can barley see, eat or hear and you cant tell me that Darwinism has done this just to make me look cool or get a job as an extra in a film set in the 60's?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Speaking as a victim of male pattern baldness.... I hope not

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Extra long beards apparently give wizard powers. I'll never find out though, I can't stand the scratchiness.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Yes. Long hair does indeed give you superpowers specific to the individual. We're not allowed to divulge anything else about it, though.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: 4003fireglo

Are you Kevin Nash?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I'm guessing it is along the same lines as the reason why spells (witchcraft, voodoo etc.) use hair. There must be some kind of spiritual connection. Some use fingernails too which is similar in makeup to hair. Am I correct?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I'm guessing it is along the same lines as the reason why spells (witchcraft, voodoo etc.) use hair. There must be some kind of spiritual connection. Some use fingernails too which is similar in makeup to hair. Am I correct?

The hair and nails thing in witchcraft comes from using them to control a person and that is why people often keep thier kids first hair and nail cuttings safe I think.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I have posted this previously in a longer form somewhere on here but most of my life I have had long hair. I cut it off for a while and I found definate imbalance physically and mentally. I have grown it back.

I would like to grow the beard also but it gets to a certan length and I end up trimming it a bit.

Gave me certified superpowers in high school and college as I look a bit like Kurt.D.Kobain. Super chick magnet powers.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
This gives “girl power” a whole new meaning. Imagine the superpowers they all have. Giving birth, breastfeeding, telling us to pick up the check. I mean wow.

WOW.

I love long hair thuperpowers.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: thehoyimknow
This gives “girl power” a whole new meaning. Imagine the superpowers they all have. Giving birth, breastfeeding, telling us to pick up the check. I mean wow.

WOW.

I love long hair thuperpowers.

If you grow your hair out, you'll be able to tell your boyfriend to pick up the check too.

-Alee

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

If we take increased distinct tactile sense in the nerve point then I would say the opposite. If you want to feel the exact nerve ending that transmit the information you do not want the hair to blend out the sensation to other nerve endings since hair traps the heat in instead of letting it escape.

Buddhist monks shave their heads and I assume it is to have an easier time to feel chi (vibrational energy) on the skin on the head.

The negative thing about hair is that it can itch at time and that do not become lesser with increased nerve sensitivity. But on the other side hair can feel very soft and comfortable.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I have long hair and yes it does have some power over certain types.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: YouSir

With the one possible exception of eroto fetishist locks magnetism that lured that one woman into my lair...

I find even in my advancing years that still rings true.

Ummm...unfortunately...as my years advanced...my hairline receded...

I just can't bring myself to braid that Einstein fringe...but I can COSPlay a mean "Hitman"...

YouSir

My solution was to bush my collie and use that hair to give myself a transplant with a needle and a pair of tweezers.

But now I have a compulsion to chase cats and squirrels.
edit on 1-11-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

The love of my life has long hair and indeed his superpower is his uncanny ability to just know the right words to say.

I used to have long hair for so many years myself - I guess you could say I'm one of those daft loonies who talks to spirit or sees auras, but that's probably not a superpower - that's.... looniness.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Observing the world gives the answer - no.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

& don't forget the teeth

leolady

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Well, as a former Hippie in the late 60's and 70's, I've had long hair often and have recently gone back to long hair and a beard. It's not done a darn thing for me other than saving some time shaving and not having to pay for haircuts all the time.

Now in the bad old days, it got you pulled over all the time and could get you beat up for being a long haired Hippie sort.

I clearly remember going in to a barber shop in a small rural town in about 1975 to get my hair short to help getting a job and yes then long hair could interfere with getting work. The barber part way through looked at me and said with a surprised expression on his face "your hair is clean"? I told him sure it is, I wash it daily, don't you? I'll never forget the look on his face.

No, I think that believing hair has some supernatural powers is irrational to say the least.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
My late mother in law insisted that women over 30 shouldn’t have hair longer than their chin. I cut it short once - that’s really me and my tinfoil hat in my avatar pic, after I cut it. But it felt weird to me. Almost like I was exposed somehow (and no juvenile comments, DC!!!

I think men with long sexy hair are, well, sexy! Of course my military husband keeps his high and tight. Next husband I get will have to have long hair. I’ll make it a condition for dating me

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

A lot of cultures also believed cutting hair was important, or shaving it... look at the Egyptian upper class for example.

lice

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: Noinden

A lot of cultures also believed cutting hair was important, or shaving it... look at the Egyptian upper class for example.

lice

That and for the Romans it was so the enemy could not gain an advantage by grabbing your hair.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join