It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halloween stories!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I sometimes wish I'd tried Alaska when I was younger and carefree. Have a bit of wanderlust. It's beautiful country. Can't wait to go back.

I think I could pass on the shadow people, though! Did you just get the vibe it was the kid?

Sasquatch is interesting to me. Especially since you mention some familial strangeness and encounters. Do you think he/she/it is animal or "other"?

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

You really should try Alaska. It's where God finished up, after practicing everywhere else. Down along the panhandle, especially this time of year, it's wet, and foggy, and just absolutely incredibly beautiful. The mountains come right down to the sea, in a million shades of green and gray. In the Interior, especially north towards the Brookes Range--look east, and you're looking into miles and miles of miles and miles. It has a stark beauty all it's own. Then there's the Chain, where I spent most of my time in Alaska, again, it's dangerous, it's lethal, it's beautiful...weather can change a hundred times in a day. From howling Willawaws with 130-150 mph winds, to bright sunshine, almost as quickly as I typed this. One of the reasons it can be so very dangerous. Then the slope...my lasting memory of the slope isn't the dark of the winter, but the god awful sunshine of the summer. But, again, it's untamed wild, outside of the villages, and they're not so tamed most of the time.

Denali. Oh, where to start? It's where I had on of my scarier encounters with "something". But Denali itself...when lit with the ghost light of the Aurora, you can almost understand the reverence the natives have for it. Great One, indeed. Or, when it's lit by the first light of the morning?

I'm not actually sure what made me think, or rather know, it was the kid. It never crossed my mind that it could have been otherwise...

As for bigfoot? Other, because it's not a dumb creature. Now my encounter was brief, a handful of seconds, maybe slightly more...though it seemed longer. But my lasting impression was it was if not human, certainly not far off. Mystical? No. Alien? Not that either. But not dumb animal, either.

I'm not sure if I related the story here on ATS or not, but my grandfather encountered Sasquatch twice, once at several hundred yards distance, according to my Dad, who told me the story. ...and quite a bit closer some years later.

But here it is...dramatic pause...

His first encounter was just after he'd become county sheriff in Klickitat county in Washington St.--around 1928 or so, I'm not quite sure when he became sheriff, my dad was still very young, so it would have been before the Great Depression got started.

Anyway, he's out back of beyond getting to know the lay of the land, so to speak, when he spotted someone (thing) crossing just below a crest of a hill some two hundred to two hundred and fifty yards or so away. He stopped, and put his binoculars on it, and, well, surprise, surprise--and he was--looking back at him was Sasquatch, or Skookum, as some of the First Nations call him here in the NW. Well.

A few years later, he and a posse (yes, that was still a thing in 1930's America), were out trying to round up a group of cattle or horse rustlers (that too, was still a thing, and still carried hefty penalties, hence the posse.) in the northern part of Klickitat county...which is still rather rough country--I've back packed up in there many times over the years. If I remember correctly, there were six, or seven, guys, including one native american tracker from one of the local tribes. This group were all WW1 veterans, including the tracker. They'd been there, done that, and got the twitches to prove it. They didn't scare easily. My granddad had been a doughboy, a Wyoming cowboy, and now a county sheriff, the others were by Grandpa's account, just as interesting.

Any way, they'd camped for the night at the edge of the Gifford Pinchot national forest around Trout Lake, and since they were hunting men who didn't really want to be caught, and might get a little stubborn about it, they'd set a watch. Well, sometime in the very early AM, the guide woke my Grandpa, telling him Skookum is watching us. So, Granddad bails out of his sleeping bag with his rifle--his **ahem** borrowed Springfield 1903 from his time in France--and looks off into the woods, there, about 50-75 feet away, so the story goes, was a pair of glowing red eyes reflecting the light of their small campfire...

Now, granddad was going to draw down on it, but he looked at the tracker first, and got a negative sign, don't do it. Grandpa got the distinct impression from the way he was looked at that shooting Skookum might just bring the others that were out there in the dark unseen, down on them. So he refrained.

A few moments later...the eyes disappeared. Later, at first light, they looked around and found where he'd been standing, and the estimate was about 12 feet tall. That's a big ass Skookum, even by Skookum standards...

A few days later, they caught the rustlers.

You've got me started now, brother...

edit on 10/26/2018 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   

I've been there twice, but only to visit. Maybe I can retire there in my old.age if my Bavarian plan goes awry.

I was curious if you thought perhaps there may be something mystical to it given your family's tendency for encounters with "weirdness". That's a wild.story, too!

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Meant to respond to this a while back...

Oh well, better late than never.

A connection to the mystical? Yes. I do believe that there is a connection of some sort... My grand-dad, as I've related, my Dad, not to be out done, had his own encounters with the "weird". All my sisters have their own strange stories, and I've had more than my fair share of 'em.

Someone once told me that man has the ability to be "aware" of things supernatural, or just unusual, I don't think Skookum is supernatural, per say, just super-rare, and can open their eyes to it--but once open, can not be easily closed, again.

I tend to agree with that.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 01:15 AM
link   
It's that time of year again. Who has some good stories? I'll get the blankets and flashlight. Meet at the tree house.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: VariableConstant
I love these threads, at the least you'll be linked to other scary threads.

This year I made the decision to live it rather than read or watch it, so I'm currently camped in a place that is known to be haunted. We'll see how it goes, but the sun is just setting and I'm alone with my dog (and a data signal, somehow).

Should be a fun night.

Were you kidnapped by ghosts?! We never got an update!

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I know Halloween is past but if ur still looking you can look on YouTube a few of my favorite scary story readers are below

Swamp dweller
Darkness prevails
Mortis media
Unit #522
Mr creeps

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   

If you're unlucky, they seem to search you out, not the other way.

I've had more than my fair share of 'em, that much is certain...

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Yeah, I will pass on that if possible! Haha

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join