It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook, Twitter: Russian actors sought to undermine Trump after election

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Sucks for Democrats who fell for it hook line and sinker.

Nice find...

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Another forest Gump moment to add to the diary.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

"Have you personally read it? Hell, I haven't even taken the time to read the whole thing closely."

I have read 100% of it before drawing a conclusion.

You lose.... very badly...Why wouldn't you read something that is the root of all this mess going on?

Makes no sense other than you have a partisan agenda to keep pushing.

I have no interest in reading anything you post after that statement... you have lost all credibility in my opinion.
edit on R282017-11-01T02:28:53-05:00k2811Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

you managed to flip this into Trump's favor relative to Hillary...

you have got to get into the Guinness book.

but is the subversion of Russia into American politics 'real' now, since it involves another candidate....
I thought it was all fake news and Russia is our friend or it's all a 'narrative'

Contrary to popular belief the only part Trump railed against was the Trump-Russia collusion and the dossier. He has stated numerous times Russia tried to interfere in our elections.

They are 2 separate issues.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

So you are saying that the anti-Trumpers were actually Russian shills and bots .

Did I miss an income opportunity? Crap!
Is it too late to sign up? That Clinton well dried up real fast after November eighth last year. No loyalty. Go figure.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

So you are saying that the anti-Trumpers were actually Russian shills and bots .

Did I miss an income opportunity? Crap!

Well, are you in any way employed by the Clinton campaign, Clinton foundation or Uranium one?

If not then yes you missed an opportunity.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

but is the subversion of Russia into American politics 'real' now, since it involves another candidate....
I thought it was all fake news and Russia is our friend or it's all a 'narrative'

Contrary to popular belief the only part Trump railed against was the Trump-Russia collusion and the dossier. He has stated numerous times Russia tried to interfere in our elections.

trump originally claimed china, korea (he never stated which) and a guy in his basement were behind the dnc hacks before his son admitted to collusion with russia that he agreed with then denied.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: cinerama

originally posted by: Xcathdra

trump originally claimed china, korea (he never stated which) and a guy in his basement were behind the dnc hacks before his son admitted to collusion with russia that he agreed with then denied.

No he said it "could" have been an actor other than Russia, like China. All of which was said before he started receiving intelligence briefings.

Not to mention the intelligence community doesnt quite have complete support like they once did. To many "WMD" stories destroyed their credibility. This dossier bs eroded that further.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Like I said the Clinton well dried up right after the election... No loyalty.
I could use the cash for bingo.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

They were both receiving security briefings right after their conventions. The debates were all after that.
He knew exactly what was going on and denied it. He has always marginalized Russia's actions when he's not out right denying them. He's soft on them and no one can deny that. And he has never criticized Putin when he's had something to say about every other world leader.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

and if you followed the news you would have noticed he was not receiving full intel briefings on the topic. Only after he was elected did he get briefed on that.
edit on 1-11-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   

a Russian troll farm known as the Internet Research Agency after Nov. 8 centered on “fomenting discord about the validity of his [Trump’s] election.” That's a change from Russia's pre-election activity, which was largely centered on trying to denigrate Hillary Clinton

Doesn't that mean that they feel a Disunited States is advantageous to them , support the "outsider" then knock him down to create division .... seems to have worked , No ?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   
You have to admire the strategy involved , they've got both sides of Americas politics to climb into a drawstring bag marked 'TOXIC WASTE' . One might say the same of Brexit , but we wont bother investigating that. :/
Look ! Trump has a bit of pepperoni stuck to his shoe . It is hardly amusing to make fun of the plight of orphans however . Such easy targets . Its going to be a plain and simple Donald Duckshoot for the 'russians' from here on in , they have america arresting its own men , fighting each other in protests , and a cuckoo president . Now what was that we heard about the mafia boss pleading to Xi . Please don't do this to Trump
. I always said you get ill results from ill behaviour , it'll still be true at the nth day

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   

If a nation doesn´t want foreign nations to by ads on their own spying- and propaganda corporations social media platforms, it should have the power to forbid those spying- amd propaganda corporations to sell adds to foreign nations! Or own these corporations now this nation? Or did the government of this nation know that it needs a culprit, an enemy from the outside, because at home everything is going down the drain? To distract from the problems at home and since the "Trump reign", all over the world?

Is a nation, it´s government, really afraid that their elections, their voters could be influenced by social media ads, offered by "their own"(in that nation based) spying- amd proganda corporations? What does that say about how these "rulers" think about their "subordinates", the intelligence of their own people, the voters?

Do they really think the majority is self exposing 24/7 on these spying- and propaganda platforms, on these money making ad bombardment and user data using and selling platforms called social media? Because, in reality, it´s the minority!

And how many of those that you could reach with such ads on such platforms, are allowed to vote? How many don´t ever see these ads, because of Ad-Blockers and Ad-Blocker-Blockers? How many don´t take notice of these ads, even if they "see" them? How many simply ignore them?

And now tell me that those few that are left now, that are allowed to vote and saw these ads, were really influenced by them, changed their voting behaviour because of those ads? How many are left now, that maybe were influenced by these ads?

Does anybody believe enough to start a regime change???

It rather looks like this:

The government has no power anymore, these corporations are more powerful now than any governments, nations, laws, rules. So these corporations can do whatever they want. And if it fits, the government profits sometimes from the actions of these corporations.

Or:

They play both in the same team, their coaches, trainers, managers, owners are the secret services. And maybe the whole story with these ads on and influence by these platforms now was a well played chess move, a kind of reinsurance maybe. Or just a simple tool to create chaos and distract from the problems these formely alleged great nation has now, especially since january.

I would be offended, as a citizen and voter of that nation that is ruled by rulers that think that their people are so easy to unfluence, by silly ads on silly platforms. Or rulers that at least sell their people like this, as simple, not self thinking, always yes saying and influenced by ads followers, to the whole world.

At the end it is what it is, nothing else than distraction!
From the chaos in the government of the nation that bases these spying- and propaganda platforms!

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

It's going to be real difficult telling the difference between the Russians and the Democrats shouting "Not my President."

It's already difficult telling then difference between Russian trolls and American neo-Nazis shouting " make America great again!"

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven
Wow...look at the common ground all the sudden!

Everyone say it together now...."Damn Russians!"

It wasn't that hard afterall, eh?

Can you blame them for taking advantage of a condition we have self-selected for ourselves as a country? That is, after all, what you are doing on Failbook when you add or block or drop friends.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

To the plethora of Russian fanbois this mean nothing.

Hail emperor Putin!

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

The First Amendment permits even foreign agencies to say what they will. It is the responsibility of the United States government, at both the local and federal level, to educate voters in the craft of critical thinking. In the marketplace of ideas, the consumers need to learn to assess the merchandise. ATS has the potential to supplement the cultivation of these skills, but it has been an uphill climb lately.

Mainstream media are more reliable than the internet because they have a physical presence in the world; this means that they can be held responsible for what they say and do. This is why the Steele dossier was not deployed. It looked too god to be true and the DNC and media were not going to risk their credibility. The internet is filled with agents of discord whose goal is to convince you that the media cannot be trusted at all. This is so they can sell you their own false narratives without providing the sort of evidence that real journalists need.
edit on 1-11-2017 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Can you blame them for taking advantage of a condition we have self-selected for ourselves as a country? That is, after all, what you are doing on Failbook when you add or block or drop friends.

Apparently, you do not blame Russia for attacking the United States. Thank you for making it clear which side you are on, Comrade.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: ketsuko

Apparently, you do not blame Russia for attacking the United States. Thank you for making it clear which side you are on, Comrade.

I don't know, Comrade.

The First Amendment permits even foreign agencies to say what they will.

You tell me?

You basically got done saying the same thing I did. If that makes me a foreign sympathizer, you must be the pot.

They are going to try to take advantage of a coffin we have created and allowed to exist. Do you think our government dislikes being able to mislead as many as they can for the same reasons the Russians can take advantage of it? Of course, not! They run the schools and where do you think people are trained to "think" or what passes for it these days?

If the government wanted you to think critically, our education system would reflect that, but it doesn't which should tell you something about what our own, oh-so-benevolent government wants right there! But you go right on trusting them ... I'm sure it'll get you somewhere in the end.

If you want to think critically, you have to learn on your own.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join