It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet the Woman Who Slept with the Devil in 1704

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
This picture is a forensic reconstruction of Lilias Adie , a woman who was convicted on confession of Witchcraft and having sex with the devil over 300 years ago , it's unusual to find the remains of a Witch because they were usually burned at the stake and little of them remained but Lilias died in prison before she could be burned at the stake so her remains , remained.

In the 1800s the grave of Lilias Adie was discovered by local antiquarians , they found it hidden beneath a large stone on the Scottish coast suggesting the villagers had placed the stone on the grave to stop the witch from escaping and carrying out evil retribution on them for her imprisonment and death, her body was exhumed and her skull ended up at the St Andrews University Museum.

Luckily the museum took photographs of the skull as sometime in the intervening years the skull disappeared , perhaps reclaimed by it's owner , but the pictures they took allowed Dundee University's forensic artist , Dr Christopher Rynn , to create a digital recreation of Lilias Adie the Witch who slept with the Devil.

Lilias Adie was tortured in prison and it is believed she may have taken her own life. Louise Yeoman said: "I think she was a very clever and inventive person.
"The point of the interrogation and its cruelties was to get names. "But Lilias said that she couldn't give the names of other women at the witches' gatherings as they were masked like gentlewomen. "She only gave names which were already known and kept up coming up with good reasons for not identifying other women for this horrendous treatment."
www.bbc.co.uk...

Hubble bubble toil and trouble.....

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

That devil had to be really horny to bang that old lady.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

She's younger than the Devil , he did well.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
That's hot.

Second line.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Don't be jealous, just give him a call.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I always found that fornicating with the devil stuff a little odd. If she was a proper olde worlde practitioner of the elder crafts, she would not have even believed in the existence of God, leave alone the devil.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

An often over looked truth...important point.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

Don't be jealous, just give him a call.

I'm busy tonight. Call me tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Maybe we should let this crazy woman rest in peace. Maybe some guy told her he was satan so he could get into her pants.

Oh wait, women did not wear pants back then.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

That devil had to be really horny to bang that old lady.

She's only 21.

Life was hard then.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
She liked really horny men! And the devil ain't half horny!

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Is 1704 a room number because I heard banging all night !

I'm in room 1705.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I once had a girlfriend we called the "Oh God Girl".

Our apartment walls were thin.

I knew the neighbor's could hear.

One day I bumped into the girl across the hall

You stared right at me and said "You must be God".

edit on 31-10-2017 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Porky's comes to mind haha

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I always found that fornicating with the devil stuff a little odd. If she was a proper olde worlde practitioner of the elder crafts, she would not have even believed in the existence of God, leave alone the devil.

Pretty typical of religious folk, though. Whether you believe in their paradigm or not, the argument is always framed within its walls.

Spend some time having a Christian try to convince you of their faith, and all you really get are self proofs and circular reasoning. Kinda like the witch hunts were.

top topics

join