It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds killed at North Korean nuclear base

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: JinMI
Heard a blurb on the radio that China stepped in to warn them to stop. Apparently another test could level the mountain area and cause a significant leak.

I don't know of there's much to leak out of there, it supposedly a granite mountain but then again, we obviously don't know everything there is to know if this happened two weeks ago and it's just coming out now.

Ummm...I'm sure that after the sixth or seventh underground nuclear explosion...with the last one supposedly being of the hydrogen variety...that granite mountain is totally...fracked...

YouSir

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: MindBodySpiritComplex
Dude, are you being ionic?

There are times when I wish I was a Mod so I could either give people applause or ban them

You would get both.

I am very thankful that you're not a mod! You would probably find some reason to ban me.

I am not surprised that this accident happened there.N.K. was warned and they ignored
the warning.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Haste makes waste. This breakneck race is costing them lives they hadn't counted on.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir
Ummm...I'm sure that after the sixth or seventh underground nuclear explosion...with the last one supposedly being of the hydrogen variety...that granite mountain is totally...fracked...

YouSir

I would think most of the radioactivity is contained within the rock strata and can only contaminate the atmosphere a volume of granite dust somehow became airborne. I'm not sure of the ground water situation as that can be a totally different scenario.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
I am very thankful that you're not a mod! You would probably find some reason to ban me.

If I banned you who would make my sammies?

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

If I banned you who would make my sammies?

Ahhhh,So I do have a purpose here and you need mama to make your
sammies.When will you learn to make your own?

I wonder if N.K. will keep on testing in the same spot again?

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
If they are just now building the tunnels, why would there be any radioactive material there?

a reply to: bgerbger

I'm assuming the tunnels were being built in or around the previous testing sites, which is why there would be radiation present. The area had become unstable due to previous explosions, creating the potential for collapse, which happened.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I am satisfied that the Chinese likely know far more about it than we ever will.

I would hope so, it's their trailer park trash neighbor.

I have always thought of North Korea as the junk yard with Lil' Kim as the mean dog in the lot. Usually he's kept on a chain, but lately, I think he's slipped it.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

YouSir

I would think most of the radioactivity is contained within the rock strata and can only contaminate the atmosphere a volume of granite dust somehow became airborne. I'm not sure of the ground water situation as that can be a totally different scenario.

Ummm...one wonders how long a rather largish pile of granite gravel chooses to remain...piled...

Probably why the Chinese gave Kimmy his cease and desist...
They feared he might really...move the mountain...with any subsequent tests...thereby releasing those cubic tons of irradiated dust...China ward...

Or so the story goes...

YouSir

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Ahhhh,So I do have a purpose here and you need mama to make your
sammies.When will you learn to make your own?

Never.

I wonder if N.K. will keep on testing in the same spot again?

I'm more concerned with ground tests which would certainly produce more contamination than the underground ones.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

I hope those who died were supporters of the North Korean regime, rather than merely slaves to it. If they were slaves to it, then they deserve our condolences, and our respect as they were nothing but victims, not willing pawns.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I have always thought of North Korea as the junk yard with Lil' Kim as the mean dog in the lot. Usually he's kept on a chain, but lately, I think he's slipped it.

When I talk to our Chinese team they paraphrase and refer to him as their 'fat idiot cousin'.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Still wouldnt surprise me to see China jump the gun and engage NK and use the conflict as economic impetus....then once they have re-energsised their economy see them re-unite NK and SK to build stability and a new buffer zone via a unified Korea.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Navieko
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight
I'm guessing new tunnels in an pre-existing test site under the mountain. In all likelihood, they'd have to build/re-build tunnels after each test is done... obviously blowing up a nuclear bomb would at the least partially destroy the old ones, right?

Tempratures melt rock and create voids filled with radioactive material. As the weight pushes down orcolapses it disperses this in the air. This will cause radioactive clouds that being close to China could kill millions.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
If they are just now building the tunnels, why would there be any radioactive material there?

The tunnel is a new part of a larger existing test site. The same overall test site was used for at least six nuke tests since 2006.

The collapse of the new tunnel being constructed could have caused some damage to the existing contaminated parts of the overall test facility, potentially releasing contamination.

edit on 31/10/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
Still wouldnt surprise me to see China jump the gun and engage NK and use the conflict as economic impetus....then once they have re-energsised their economy see them re-unite NK and SK to build stability and a new buffer zone via a unified Korea.

China doesn't want a unified Korea unless it's all China.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Wow, I wonder how many of his "important" people were killed. He knew that he was creating an unstable environment, after the last test....Interesting. Could this escalate things, or stunt his progress?

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

People can be both.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I hope tptb in Washington will see how important it is to nip Lil' Kim's threats in the bud before things get any worse. He was evil enough to have his own brother and other relatives murdered. He orders executions in a variety of places inc. schoolyards. He thinks nothing of wasting the lives of his people. Literally.

This catastrophe could be the reason he wants to test nukes over the Pacific.

Or maybe he'll decide he's had enough tests and fire off a few towards the US.

Re. what another poster said about a unified Korea, there's no way that China would let that happen unless Lil' Kim would be in charge. SK is too friendly towards the West.

I think this has the potential to move us even closer to WW3.

What's wrong with Trump that he won't do diddly squat about that nincompoop?

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

If radiation leaks past north Korea I could see serious action taken against kimmy

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join