It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The U.S is run by judges and liberal lobbyists who command them?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

So you suggest I'm a liar and then say we are the same? Sorry. I tell it like I see it. You throw rocks and say dumb things back. We are not the same.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

The country is not run by judges. The problem is that Congress no longer does its job: passing laws that are constitutional. By default, the Presidency has been ruling by edict for the past twenty years, and these edicts are seldom constitutional. I assume you were okay with Bush and Trump ruling this way, but are angry that Clinton and Obama did it. The problem isn't the judiciary, it is the Legislative branch

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I have been listening to CBS Radio Mystery Theater, a series that was on the radio in the 70s and 80s. Its very interesting quite a few of the episodes have the News from back then on before the actual show starts. Its very interesting, because the episodes I am listening to aired during none other than the Water Gate scandal.

The White House reacted back then about Nixon, just how the White House now responds about trump. There were plenty of judges who were involved back then regarding Nixon. I listen daily to these old mysteries and its almost like the news from back then, is the news from now.

To answer your question, no matter what anyone says, listening to these old Water Gate stories, Courts sure as heck did get involved. Of coarse they did not block any travel ban Nixon ordered, but the rest subpoenas and all of that, yup.

edit on 31-10-2017 by kurthall because: fix

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

It's called judicial review. It's been in our system since the early 1800's. You acting like this is something new just shows your lack of knowledge of how our government works.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Just about every decision Trump makes is blocked by some Judge from some state somewhere.

I can only think of the travel ban and the transgenders in military ban. How many other Trump orders have been blocked by courts?

We hear all the time how busy he is quietly working away and getting things done, but now apparently "just about every" thing he does has been blocked? Is there a list somewhere?

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Just about every decision Trump makes is blocked by some Judge from some state somewhere.

I can only think of the travel ban and the transgenders in military ban. How many other Trump orders have been blocked by courts?

We hear all the time how busy he is quietly working away and getting things done, but now apparently "just about every" thing he does has been blocked? Is there a list somewhere?

Well the problem is that Trump supporters only know how to talk in hyperbole.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
a reply to: darkbake

Nope, ain't buying that. They never did any of this to Obama did they? I wonder how many of his policies were blocked by judges continually?

Obama taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago, so that could partially explain how he was competent enough to craft policy that followed the constitution and the laws of the land. Trump, meanwhile, is not so intelligent in that sense.

The reason the judges are able to knock down some of his policies is that they are not constitutional. As enlightenedservant noted, it is Trump's own fault for trying to pass unconstitutional policies and even for insulting judges and members of congress.

This is similar to the fact that, regardless of how much spin Trump puts on the Russian scandal, trying to pin it on Hillary, he has to face the legal reality. If he or his advisors did anything wrong, they will be held accountable, and it is their own fault. No matter how much Team Trump tries to push the idea that Hillary colluded with the Russians, they will have to prove it in court, which would be hard, seeing as Hillary's actions don't meet the legal definition of collusion.

The O.P. seems to wish that Trump was above the law as President, which is simply not how our country was designed for the most part.
edit on 31amTue, 31 Oct 2017 10:04:51 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: bgerbger

I think he's saying the political system DOESN'T WORK.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

The same group who commanded Trump and many other Republicans.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mike.Ockizard
a reply to: intrptr

So you suggest I'm a liar and then say we are the same? Sorry. I tell it like I see it. You throw rocks and say dumb things back. We are not the same.

That was a compliment. It meant I read between the lines, just like you (seem to do).

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join