It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Africa and pre apartheid bio weapons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I figured i would come here first for the answers to my search.

i remember seeing a video about how South African scientists made genome specific Bio-weapons. I can't remember the man or the time period but he was making a bio weapon to target whole races of people and would leave all others untouched.

Does anyone here have any leads on this man?

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
District 9

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

lol not a movie but before apartheid was over a white doctor was making a weapon to kill black people.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

One of the guys you're looking for is Dr Wouter Basson, aka "Dr Death". Look into his works including the "black bomb" chemical & bioweapon program. It was meant to target black South Africans and included goals like putting chemicals in water supplies to sterilize the black population without their knowledge.

ETA: Here's one article of many to get you started.

The media dubbed him "Dr Death" when details of the secret programme emerged after minority rule ended; he was accused of producing illegal drugs and creating viruses that would only attack black people.

But Basson escaped a criminal conviction in 2002, arguing that he had acted on the orders of the former South African Defence Force (SADF) when he was involved in the chemical and biological warfare programme.

South Africa's 'Dr Death' Basson found guilty of misconduct
edit on 30-10-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I’m pretty sure I’ve seen the video you’re referring to OP I think it may have been a vice short documentary.
Was an interesting little watch.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Not sure why you're looking at this topic...?

But yes, Enlightenedservant is correct. It was Dr Wouter Basson, and it was called "Project Coast". Nasty stuff.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

But Basson escaped a criminal conviction in 2002, arguing that he had acted on the orders of the former South African Defence Force (SADF) when he was involved in the chemical and biological warfare programme.

That is so wrong on so many levels. That sort of defence was thrown out at the Nuremburg Trials. Funny that.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

South Africa had a "Truth & Reconciliation Commission" which basically gave immunity to a lot of proven Apartheid figures in exchange for honesty about their human rights abuses & other actions. It was heavily promoted globally as a way to "heal" the obvious wounds there and to move towards reconciliation among the previously racially segregated public.

I'm not sure if Dr Death's ruling was associated with that, but it may serve as context for the crimes and lack of accountability from that time period. (I think Rwanda had a similar T & R Commission after their notorious genocide, but I admittedly haven't researched it a lot.)
edit on 31-10-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Here ya go...

Vice.com

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

yes that is the one thank you, and to everyone else

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Ah.. i knew such a weapon was posssible. targeting a specific ethnicity by DNA markers. Since we are all of the same Race its the only real way to specifically target. So you go after the melanin part of the DNA or features part of the DNA.

I bet you the SA government has kept up its research but to flip it on the white people instead.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Yes it is wrong on many levels, but I'll guarantee you this 100%, whatever country EVERYONE on here comes from they will have their own chemical and biological warfare division. So go and use that defence on your own people.
At least at Nuremberg the men who quoted that defence WERE in fear of their lives. The same cannot be said for our own people.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Yes it is wrong on many levels, but I'll guarantee you this 100%, whatever country EVERYONE on here comes from they will have their own chemical and biological warfare division. So go and use that defence on your own people.
At least at Nuremberg the men who quoted that defence WERE in fear of their lives. The same cannot be said for our own people.

I almost bet you people working on such programs if they fail or succeed have a high mortality rate if they are not head researchers.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Here ya go...

Vice.com

I knew in my gut it was a vice doc!
Chock up a win for my memory functioning somewhat normal which is a rare occasion indeed...

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Well possibly - here in Australia we have the CSL making all sorts of vaccines. Wouldn't surprise me

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Have you looked into Australia's "stolen generations" and "breeding out the color" programs against Aboriginals? Because they did a lot more than just make vaccines.

top topics

join