It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddesswhen i said the sun and moon are not real.....

history knows them both as time keepers......but if time is not real....they cant be real either

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Kais123

To the scientist, zero never equals infinity. To the mystic, zero equals infinity.

The problem with your way of thinking is memories have consequences.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
Time is simply a measurement of motion.

That is not true. When to start and stop measuring is an arbitrary human observer decision. Time is purely subjective.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

present and now.....both the same
I suppose in the context of time you would be correct but if you are saying that time does not exist the a past time or a future time would not exist either . This present moment ,day,week,year or even century is possible without time but not if you are stuck in the now ....just sayin again

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

what do you mean, memories have consequences.....i don't get you???

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

time travel is real my friend

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

time travel is real my friend
I thought you said time is not real ... To travel now is possible in the present only because they are real but you cant time travel if time does not exist .

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

look at it like this....time is not real....there is only the now.....like a complete dvd.....you have the entire movie at your disposal.....

all you do is take a trip to the video store

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The past no longer exists and the future has yet to happen, this is always true at any point in time. With that in mind there truly is only the now.

Our current society traps people in time with schedules and deadlines and people neglect to recognize the now.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Agree 100% with OP time is human construct.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kais123
a reply to: dfnj2015

what do you mean, memories have consequences.....i don't get you???

The human mind is more than just the "now". How we experience the "now" is heavily influenced by our memories of past experiences of "now". You can't simply say "now" is all that exists because it is virtually impossible to control how the brain works comparing our current experiences with every previous similar experience along with interpolated imaginations all designed to prevent us from getting eaten by predator animals.

edit on 30-10-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kais123
it don't exist....there is only the NOW!

what do you think guys....are you in the now....

I get what you're saying, but I think you should have elaborated in your OP a bit more...something like:

"Time is an artificial construct" and provided some links, perhaps some mathematical formulas and discussed it a bit more.

I mean, for real...what if all time is happening at the same moment? What if the past moment was just another dimension? What if the multi-verse is real and time is divergent for every single left/right or yes/no that everyone executes?

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Anything two paragraphs and under, must be true..

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I tend to agree with Jiddu Krishnamurti and David Bohm,.... chronological time exists, psychological time exists, all of time is one motion,... time is thought & thought is time, they are bound to one another,... the ending of thought is the ending of time.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Is impossible to be in the now, your reactions are .7 seconds too slow. Always in catch up, hurry up, get ahead mode there isn't enough time anymore to do what we need to. If we only had a little more time.

Check your impatience at the door, the only place in this hectic world you can be still and know is in your soul.

The less you regret the past or worry about the future, the more aware you become of the now. Its so difficult from this 3d perspective we are fixed in space time. Once we pass into the next dimension we can be everywhere and everywhen at once.

Note: spellcheck flags everywhen.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I agree with you to an extent. But there are times and situations you NEED to speculate on the future.
If your are constantly living for the now, you tend to love a reckless lifestyle. That lifestyle can come back and bite ya in the ass.
Planning for your wellbeing is not worrying about something that doesn't exist yet.
You need to pay your bills now, so your hydro doesn't get cut next month.
You need to plan your day so you can make it to work in the morning. Or else you won't have an income to pay that hydro bill and for sure your lights will be cut.

Decisions you make today are reflections of what's to come.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82 i personally think there is no tomorrow...there is only the now.....either that or I'm stuck in a loop maybe it ouroborous?

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

what do you think guys

The amount of detail and thought that you put in this concept that has never been heard of before should be recognized.

I believe this thread should be forwarded the Nobel Committee so you can be nominated for your contribution to humanity.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Time is a how we figure out ... YA know.. I totally just lost my train of though on this. I had a huge thing I was about to spout... but them BAM.. Nothing. Uggg... I'm going to bed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join