It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kevin Spacey and abuse and #MeToo

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: FHomerK

originally posted by: Denoli
Maybe the abuse warped your mind .
Sounds like it did .
If you defend a peado your just as bad

I am defending him based off of the laws that we have here in the United States.

Pure and simple. I did not say I supported what he may or may not have done. Not at all.

What I support is the way he came forward and showed true concern for the man. What would you have, have him say "Yes, YES.... I did it! I raped that boy that was 12 years younger than I was?" ?

DO YOU remember everything you did and did not do when you were drunk from 34 years ago?

No, being drunk does not excuse what he is being accused of doing. However, it is an accusation.

You *are* innocent until proven guilty in the United States of America.

He showed true concern? How can you tell? He is, after all a very good ACTOR.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: FHomerK

IMO, you are way over-reacting....high drama. Nobody accused you of being okay with allowing your 5-yr. old to be molested. The poster simply asked the question, "would you be okay", in an attempt to get you think about it. But, you didn't see that and screamed for the mods.

Where child molestation and pedophiles are concerned, people get a bit hot under the collar. They are the lowest of the low, degenerate scumbags walking amongst us. Those of us who are parents are especially repulsed by hearing that a child or young teen was molested.

I will never look at Kevin Spacey with anything but revulsion again. Hollyweird is just too full of these contemptible people that excuse this kind of filth....indeed, even participate in it or make movies about it....all the while, calling it "art".

edit on 30-10-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
No rape, attack or actual molestation occurred in Rapp's own words and even then, after 34yrs it could well be Rapp's recollection isn't as clear as it might be. The subconscious is a devil for exaggerating embelishing and generally making things worse than they are/were. As it appears this teen reported this incident to no-one, not even his parents, nor pressed charges at the time and hardly seems traumatised by this incident, then why even bring it up?

Has Spacey been accused before? Has anyone ever said Spacey was a paedophile or attacked anyone? Yes we all knew he was gay that's irrelevant but to date not one person has ever come forward to say Spacey had assaulted them....but no doubt they will come crawling out of the woodwork now. If Spacey is STILL assaulting children and has done ever since I would understand it better and he should be outed and prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

We have bum pinching, attempts to kiss, holding of arm, and just touching all being hailed as serious sexual assaults in a time when sad to say, these kind of things went on everywhere, and to be perfectly honest, some of this "touching" was considered a compliment!! In Italy it was considered a compliment to have your bum pinched, in the UK it was a compliment to be wolf whistled at and other gestures. Different times and we've moved on now so why is this latest incident making the news?

I don't think you should be able to retrospectively decide to pursue someone for an assault over 30yrs ago and certainly not just because "well everyone else is". If any assault took place it should have been dealt with there and then or at least within a few years. How could any of these latest assaults be prosecuted now? Where's the evidence? Its all down to hearsay surely whereas if these people had prosecuted at the time, then the perpetrators would have been unable to continue their lives of perversion debauchery and assault and perhaps others would have been spared.

To me, these incidents trivialise real assaults, attacks and rapes. I'm not defending Spacey per se, but attacking the whole system

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Yet again, another "special" human being.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

You do realize you're not making sense, don't you?

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Not my fault if you're not following me. So sorry. Perhaps you can go back to psychoanalyzing me?

After all, you've been so wonderful with that.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

You're funny

Always have been.

Thank you.

But Kevin Spacey allegedly sexually assaulting a minor is not something I would typically make jokes about and I think the way he handled the situation demonstrated a lack of class and empathy.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

You're funny

Always have been.

Thank you.

But Kevin Spacey allegedly sexually assaulting a minor is not something I would typically make jokes about and I think the way he handled the situation demonstrated a lack of class and empathy.

And that is where we totally disagree.

In my opinion, he did.

And what you are lacking is two things.

An understanding that accusations do not make a criminal without proof.

And the rational capabilities to put your emotions behind and understand this.

And you call yourself an American. I hope you get people who understand that we are innocent until proven guilty if you're ever in court under charges, or even worse, in the public eye and under accusations.

link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Netflix agrees with you.

They have cancelled House of Cards. That was fast.

link   

people seem to be more concerned with the fact he conflated these two things, fcuk that what if the boy was too afraid to wriggle away from him and KS got his seedy way, something tells me more skeletons are imminent.

Game of cards is cancelled also.... thought about watching it, im glad i didn't though.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

it is common for the abused to become the abuser. esp if the abused sees that the abuser is not punished for their heinous crime.
"Erikson 1958"

its a snake eating its tail

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Not my fault if you're not following me. So sorry. Perhaps you can go back to psychoanalyzing me?

After all, you've been so wonderful with that.

Since you have given me permission to psychoanalyze you, let me just say that you might consider getting help with your high dramatic reactions to rather benign inquiries under control.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Awwww....Kevin says he 'doesn't remember' doing this....oh, and he's gay (like this is news or something), so it's all okay.

Saying sorry doesn't absolve a person of wrongdoing. Coming out of the closet will not change the fact that Mr. Spacey molested a minor boy, which if I am not mistaken, IS A CRIME.

My daughter was molested as a little girl by the maintenance man at our apartment complex a long time ago. He threatened her with threats that still give her nightmares and she is in her 30s. He was arrested and found guilty of many counts of molestation, as he had a nice little set up by the pool and would invite the little kids into his apartment to play video games on his lap.

I never was able to get revenge on this creep because my daughter was terrified to say anything for many years. I learned that he was found guilty of at least 15 counts of molestation involving things I cannot mention here and served a grand total of 6 months in jail. He was old at the time, so I'm pretty sure he's worm food by now, which is too bad. He didn't get what he should have gotten for his sick crimes.

Mr. Spacey will be protected by the Hollywood freaks and sick sexual perverts, because, well, he's a good actor. Good enough to pretend to have memory loss regarding what was no doubt one of MANY acts of pedophilia. Good enough to try and get support from idiots who are suckered into his "don't hurt me, I'm gay" parade.

The only time these freaks get justice is in jail, and ya know, with the statute of limitations, Kevin won't be doing time. His victim will suffer the rest of his life, Kevin will caress his Oscar and feel extra smug that he got away with all that garbage, and smile that people bought his performance enough that we get threads like this, praising the perp and forgetting the victim.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

In my opinion, he did.

If he did he wouldn't have lumped his coming out statement in with his half assed 'apology'.

And what you are lacking is two things.

An understanding that accusations do not make a criminal without proof.

Where did I accuse him? I am not Mr. Rapp.

And the rational capabilities to put your emotions behind and understand this.

My emotions are quite clear, people who attempt to sexually assault children are socially non-redeemable.

And you call yourself an American. I hope you get people who understand that we are innocent until proven guilty if you're ever in court under charges, or even worse, in the public eye and under accusations.

You're in an extra frothy and hysterical mood. Stop projecting.

edit on 30-10-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

Netflix agrees with you.

tvline.com...

the decision to bring HoC to an end was made months ago and was not in response to the allegations. (A Netlix rep confirms this.)

link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

In my opinion, I believe that Rapp was sexually assualted or flat out raped by Spacey in that encounter. But because of the shame of it he doesn't want to admit to it. He just told the "clean" version of events and didn't want to destroy Spacey's career over it.

But..Netflix has just cancelled House of Cards, saying they're "deeply troubled" by Spacey's actions and comments.

Kudos to Netflix

link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
Netflix agrees with you.

Yes and no. Season six is still in production.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnsSon
people seem to be more concerned with the fact he conflated these two things...

Take it up with them.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

Well said! I think you're right about why he came out at this time (although everybody knew it already).

Now if you overly criticize him, he and his sympathizers can call you 'homophobe'. That ought to shut 'ya up.

Calling people "isms" and "phobes" are surefire ways to shush the conversation.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
lol 😁 I enjoy giving my grieviences to you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join