It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kevin Spacey and abuse and #MeToo

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Kevin Spacey's twitter response to accusation of assaulting a 14 year old male actor in 1986

I am writing this because I support Kevin on this issue. He's not denying it, he's being very very open about it. And more importantly, he expresses genuine feelings of remorse for how he might have hurt the then young man if it did happen as he does not remember it. I also think that it is clear to him that even if he doesn't remember it, the young actor would.

However, spin is back on the rise because he chose that moment to come out as gay. WTH do you expect him to do?

This was posted in The Guardian newspaper today...

How dare you, Kevin Spacey. One of the age-old tropes deployed against gay and bisexual men is that they pose a threat to children, that they are synonymous with paedophiles and pederasts. This vicious lie has long proved useful in justifying the systematic persecution of gay and bisexual men. And that is why Spacey’s statement is so utterly contemptible. He has been accused of attempted sexual assault against actor Anthony Rapp, who was a 14-year-old child at the time. The Oscar winner denied any recollection of the incident – and then chose to take the opportunity to come out.

Link to OpEd at TheGuardian

I am a heterosexual male.... and I was sexually abused at around 4 or 5 years old by a male babysitter. And yes, in the Twitter #MeToo hashtag movement I proclaimed myself as a victim as well.

This is a super serious issue, and needs to be handled accordingly. However, we need to act rationally and use our system of law. If this happened that long ago, there will likely be zero evidence, contaminated or otherwise. If such evidence surfaces, then we go to court. If not, then we do not.

While I wish that I had been afforded the same chance to "grow up normally" without outside influence, I have never felt angry towards the man that molested me. Not once. Nor would I want a witchhunt after him today. Should he have known better? Hell yes. Was he a teen who still had life to live and learning to do? YES.

I know that I am unique in this, but still. Where the opinion piece from The Guardian feels that Kevin Spacey chose to deny any recollection and focus on that, they conveniently disregarded the rest.

Selective hearing, folks.

Selective hearing.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I'm very confused by your op. You support Kevin Spacey? You don't hold your molester as a child in contempt? Do you have a pulse?

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I think him coming out and him attempting to sexually assault a minor are two wholly different issues and very much mutually exclusive.

I don't care if he's gay, I do care if he's an attempted child raper.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: FHomerK

You support a guy who tried to rape a 14 year old boy? The other thing noone is asking is why was a 14 year old boy at a party with adults alone?

Herebis how that converstion should have went down:

Kid: mom, dad Kevin Spacey invited me to party can I go ?

Parent: Sure we are going with you

Kid: Kevin Spacey said only me

Parents: Then no you can’t go

Problem averted

edit on 30-10-2017 by norhoc because: Added thought

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Great time to come out to avoid backlash.

Just like Bruce became Kaitlin right after killing in a DUI

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Unfortunately an addiction to Hollywierd entertainment
television and movies will continue to enable and
excuse perverted behavior.

No justice will be forth coming. Public relation
firms will make a few million to sweep this under
the rug as they've done with previous sicko
accusations.

America will return again to it's state of
filth television just like they always do.

Just wish I had the financial resources to
move away from this American sodom
& gomorrah plantation.

It's only going to get worse.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Maybe the abuse warped your mind .
Sounds like it did .
If you defend a peado your just as bad

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I do love how Kevin Spacey coming out as Gay in his mind some how absolves him from being a child molester. He thinks him admitting publically that his is gay is the big deal instead of him admitting publicly he may have attempted to rape a child...

There are some real sick puppies in Hollyweird!!

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Kevin Spacey Gay???? Well i wouldn't believe it. That's downright sarcasm by the way. Have all you lot been on a desert island for the last 20 years?
I live in a small town in the middle of England and being Kevin Spacey is an American you would think I know nothing of Spacey bar his films. So how come I knew he was gay 20 years ago.
Just came out BS.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

The fact he used his sexual orientation to try and deflect is telling.

A simply, sincere apology would have been more appropriate. The way he did it makes it look like he is using the fact he is gay to reduce his guilt.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Good job Kevin, you came out as a gay pedophile and also said that being gay is a choice. The left is eating itself alive. But really he has flown with Clintons on the lolita express to pedophile island so this timeline is pretty much the best.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
So, I'm just as bad, ehh?

Wow.... just wow.

You guys absolutely blew me away with this.

I'm DAMNED GLAD I own a torch and pitchfork company.... I can see I'll make a metric feceston of cash off of you blood thirsty folks on your witch hunts.

I am genuinely shaking my head right now.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: toetheline
Good job Kevin, you came out as a gay pedophile and also said that being gay is a choice. The left is eating itself alive. But really he has flown with Clintons on the lolita express to pedophile island so this timeline is pretty much the best.

Are they all buddies?

Court Papers: Trump Ate At Jeffrey Epstein’s House
www.buzzfeed.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Spacey had to admit he was gay or look like not only a potential rapist but also a lying fool, to still be denying he’s gay, after trying to rape a male teenager.

Choice: look like a rapist and a dam fool, or just a rapist, and oh btw (sympathy and honesty card-also) may get him some support for gay admission. His advisers concocted this

It’s a situation where he found himself in and they chose the one that makes him look less foolish.

These people are advised by experts--publicists--whom they pay a lot of money, and they know what their doing.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: nightbringr

A simply, sincere apology would have been more appropriate. The way he did it makes it look like he is using the fact he is gay to reduce his guilt.

We'll see if it turns out like what Milo Yiannopolous experienced. He claimed his "gayness" made him essentially bulletproof, but a simple twisting of words in an interview nearly destroyed his public image.

Spacey is facing a real assault accusation, will he recover? Probably since hes left leaning, and Hollywood loves them some diddlers

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli
Maybe the abuse warped your mind .
Sounds like it did .
If you defend a peado your just as bad

I am defending him based off of the laws that we have here in the United States.

Pure and simple. I did not say I supported what he may or may not have done. Not at all.

What I support is the way he came forward and showed true concern for the man. What would you have, have him say "Yes, YES.... I did it! I raped that boy that was 12 years younger than I was?" ?

DO YOU remember everything you did and did not do when you were drunk from 34 years ago?

No, being drunk does not excuse what he is being accused of doing. However, it is an accusation.

You *are* innocent until proven guilty in the United States of America.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

Spacey is facing a real assault accusation, will he recover? Probably since hes left leaning, and Hollywood loves them some diddlers

AWESOME quote.... about diddling.... from a user with the nickname "Butterfinger".....

Last Tango in Paris much, bro?

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
He invited a child alone to an adult party?

No excuse for anything that happened after that, the intent should have been clear. No one at that party seen anything wrong with a kid being there alone?

Seriously, disturbing, disgusting. Beyond words. Indefensible.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I fail to see how admitting he is gay will negate the allegation of wanting to jump a 14 year old boy's bones. If true I wonder if he was successful with other boys.

And with an estimated net worth of over $100,000,000 it was wise keeping this hushed up.

Being gay does not mean the person is attracted to pubescent or prepubescent boys/girls. Kevin is attempting wipe his ass on the "gay community".

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: nightbringr

I guess he should have simply said "I'm guilty" and eaten a bullet on live pay per view.

Such a wonderful and Christian way of our country to see things.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join