It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manafort Charged by FBI

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

A very inept one meant to diminish and belittle the significance of the situation which is what I was calling out to begin with.

The point is, the special council was tasked with investigating Russian interference in the 2016 us election. The media reported on it incessantly. Some suggested treason. Some suggested military action. After all that, it was a giant lie.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Flynn or Page next?

Or someone from parts 20 on in the indictment.

You know, company A or B that lobbied for Russia.

Now who would would that be....

Why don't you tell us? Just remember that the Democrats wanted Ukraine on Europe's side and the Republicans wanted Ukraine on the Russia side.

Show me evidence of that.

What we do know is that the podesta group was lobbying to have russsians sanctions lifted.

This thread here ties up nicely (in my opinion, but I wrote it so maybe I am biased) what we are looking at as far as russian influence.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It appears seeing as how the charges of russian influence peddling are from 2012, the most direct line of russan influencing people were through the Podesta group straight to Hillary and other congress people (probably Republicans too)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Some do. Some say it's possible. Some say it's probable. Most say Manafort is dirty regardless of anything else. Now he's busted, thus not a waste of time nor tax dollars.

If I spend endless money investigating you for murder and end up arresting you for shoplifting, that is a waste of money.

Not quite the same thing though is it?

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
is there a statue of Manafort I can knock down?

No but I heard if we don't put up a statue to Manafort, history will repeat itself.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

I am saying that if lack of an anti-Russian stance is evidence of Russian collusion or manipulation than both parties are guilty of it.

Russia has clearly been busy undermining both, and it's a mistake to suddenly get all up in arms over just this past election when clearly both parties are now undermined.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
a reply to: face23785

HuffPost

Prosecutors’ statement of the offense alleges Papadopoulos “made material false statements and material omissions” during a Jan. 27, 2017, interview with the FBI. He was arrested July 27. Prosecutors agreed to recommend between no prison time to six months under the plea agreement.

Papadopoulos told the FBI an overseas professor had “told him about the Russians possessing ‘dirt’ on then-candidate Hillary Clinton in the form of ‘thousands of emails,’ but stated multiple times that he learned that information prior to joining the campaign,” according to court documents. In fact, Papadopoulos was contacted after he learned he’d be joining the campaign, and the professor only mentioned the “thousands of emails” after he’d been on the Trump campaign for more than a month.

The professor, the statement indicates, had “substantial connections to Russian government officials” even though Papadopoulos claimed the professor was “a nothing.”

Oh boy, a professor connected to Russian government officials. And he didn't even lie about having contact with this professor, he lied about when it was. That really breaks the case, don't it?

Love how you're spinning this as a 'Meh.'

Read the indictment. Few things to get you started:

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Grambler

First moves. We're still dealing with pawns here.

Indeed. Who is company A and B that were working on behalf of the russians.

Surely you would like to see them brought to justice too.

link   
Probably just going to use this as ammo to try and have him reveal further information in regards to the campaign. Not terribly surprised.. if any serious investigation ensued of all politicians or those involved in politics or lobbying, probably 90% could end up with charges for having done something illegal. So this is nothing yet to me.. we'll see where it leads.

I wouldn't put it past Trump to tell his guys to do anything to discredit Hillary.. and they did, but Trump had no knowledge of it. Regardless of how brilliant and clever his supporters think he is, I think Trump is simply a showboating, rich buffoon. There could have been a slew of illegal activity going on behind him, and he may have never had a clue.

link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

No but I heard if we don't put up a statue to Manafort, history will repeat itself.

You mean Trump in 2020?

Quick, put statues up EVERYWHERE.

link   

According to windword, if the Democrats don't immediately come out with a strong military, anti-Russia, pro-missile defense shield platform like the GOP used to have, then they are showing evidence of Russian collusion and manipulation and haven't learned anything from recent history.

I won't be holding my breath.

link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Some do. Some say it's possible. Some say it's probable. Most say Manafort is dirty regardless of anything else. Now he's busted, thus not a waste of time nor tax dollars.

If I spend endless money investigating you for murder and end up arresting you for shoplifting, that is a waste of money.

Did I mistakenly write “it’s the same as” somewhere in there? My apologies.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

It's part of that 'public face, private face,' mentioned in the Podesta emails. You didn't think it was only the democrats that hold that stance do you?

Publicly McCain and his campaign chief’s lobbying firm were on opposite sides. In 2005 McCain had nominated Orange Revolution hero Yushchenko for the Nobel Prize, and that spring he’d honored Yushchenko in the headquarters of the International Republican Institute, whose board McCain has chaired since 1993. But behind the scenes the former head of IRI’s Moscow office, Philip Griffin, was recruited by Manafort to work on Yanukovich’s campaign against Yushchenko. Davis Manafort’s work was considered so detrimental to US interests that a National Security Council official called McCain’s office to complain, according to the New York Times. The McCain campaign denies receiving the NSC complaint.

As is apparent, Paul Manafort was active, and quite successful, working for Russian interests. But what about senator McCain, what’s his bit in all of this?

Aside from a little campaign dough, what has McCain gotten out of all this? It’s hard to tell–either he was utterly clueless while his top advisers and political allies ran around the former Soviet domain promoting the Kremlin’s interests for cash, or he was aware of it and didn’t care. McCain was reportedly so angry about Davis Manafort’s role in stifling Ukraine’s Orange Revolution that he almost removed Davis as campaign manager. But in the case of Montenegro, he should have known what Davis & Co. were up to. After all, McCain lent a helping hand. And by the time he visited the country, the Russian takeover was plain to see.

The Nation

link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Sillyolme

First moves. We're still dealing with pawns here.

Indeed. Who is company A and B that were working on behalf of the russians.

Surely you would like to see them brought to justice too.

That’s what I want to know.

link   

THAT was an awesome reply.

link   

They did the same thing across europe. They are an international threat against democracy in all its iterations.

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I am saying that if lack of an anti-Russian stance is evidence of Russian collusion or manipulation than both parties are guilty of it.

Russia has clearly been busy undermining both, and it's a mistake to suddenly get all up in arms over just this past election when clearly both parties are now undermined.

Russian operatives hacked DNC documents and then leaked them to the public. That undermined the DNC. The Trump Campaign brokered a reverse in the GOP's platform on the Ukraine, to benefit Russian interests.

I don't see "both parties are guilty" here. Sorry.

edit on 30-10-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Here comes the grift,,,

Please help,, send what you can, donate now.

‘Just $1 to help us’: Eric Trump email after Manafort indictment asks for cash because dad’s ‘still standing’

President Donald Trump’s campaign on Monday blasted out a fundraising email, asking donors to contribute after the indictment of former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort. On the same day that news broke that Manafort had been indicted on 12 counts, Trump voters found a fundraising request from Eric Trump in their inboxes with the subject line “Still Standing.” “There’s a new opposition against my father and this Administration every day,” Eric Trump wrote. “But as a loyal supporter, I know you know the truth.” “Please make a contribution of just $1 to help us crush our goal this month,” the email pleaded.

www.rawstory.com...

Hurry Donate Today!

LMAO

K~

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: ketsuko

Honestly, I don't know where you're going with that. The GOP has, historically, been "anti-Russian" on their political platform, including protecting the Ukraine against Russia's illegal annexation, and arming Ukraine rebel to protect US and Ukraine interests against Russian territorial violations.

It was at the GOP National Convention that Manafort, serving as Trump's Campaign manager, after it was clear that Trump would win the nomination, brokered a deal to remove all anti-Russian political stances from the GOP and Republican Party's official platform.

Report: Ex-Trump campaign manager was millions in debt to pro-Russia interests

You can deflect and say "But Obama" and "What about Hillary" all you want, but this indictment points right back to Trump and his Campaign.

Trump campaign guts GOP’s anti-Russia stance on Ukraine

Well Kali is saying that the republicans were pro russia during the ukraine battling.

So which is it?

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

What's the difference between tax evasion and tax avoidence? That may become an important question.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Did I mistakenly write “it’s the same as” somewhere in there? My apologies.

You made a comparison

Please stop playing coy with words you do this on all most every thread now.

You said what you said, we have all seen it, your analogy doesn’t work.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join