It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Age of solar system on the premises of the Bible

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

how do you reconcile the number of years that Methuselah lived. 696 years?

I thought it was 969 years.

-dex

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

Not e.coli, but crap. What makes this globe alive. The Old Norse Voluspå goes: In the beginning-- no shaite about! Let's f*ck and then die as soon as we have shat enough to leave a proper corn field for our descendants!
edit on 30-10-2017 by Utnapisjtim because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Somethingsamiss
Never knew why people seem to forget about one passage. "He will come as a thief in the night, no one will know the day or time" another passage says that even the sun of God doesn't know when.

It just seems pointless. We will not know when its coming. I have seen countless equations and they never seem to agree. They have been countless "prophets" who have "known" when the world was going to end. They have all been wrong.

Well, I didn't say next Friday did I? Give or take a few aeons and millennia, eh?

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

I must be missing something here. Bear with me.

Did God say to Adam that it took Him 6 days to create the Universe?

Or did He say that it took Him 6000 years to create the Universe? And then Adam, knowing the key, recorded it as 6 days?

-dex

ETA:
If the last question is true, then I can see how a units mismatch could lead to you equation:
God says 6000 years meaning 6000 DivineYears.
Adam misunderstands 6000 years to mean ManYears, and records it as 6 DivineDays.

Using that logic I can see how you arrived at 6000 DivineYears * 365 DivineDays/DivineYears * 1000 ManYears/DivineDay = 2190000000 ManYears

-dex

Thing is, there is Man (a) and there is Divine Man (b+[a+b+c]), and there is God (c). Adam and Jesus is the sort of Divine Man. Saulus and his xians are merely Men (shrimp), while God is the Great Architect of it all smoking his water pipe in orbit thinking of what to do next.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley
I stand corrected. I've got 69 on the brain.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

That makes even less sense.

Why does god needs a time scale, does this mean god ages?

If not then why a time scale is needed? Could it he because WE need a time scale for our brains to fathom certain things? Otherwise we wouldn't be able to conceptualize aging or periods or anything without a time scale.

Why project our shortcomings onto God?
edit on 30-10-2017 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

You do know that Genesis gets the order of creation events DRASTICALLY wrong right? For instance how can light be created then later the sun then later stars? How are all those things different?

Also, if you look at what is created each day of the seven days and then look up how long ago science says those things came into being then you get wildly variant time frames for each of the day. Day 1 is on the order of billions of years long and that is the longest. Most are millions of years long but one is actually thousands of years long, or on a similar time frame as the previous day since scientifically those things came around at the same time.

Genesis as a source is HIGHLY suspect. It's weird that Christians are always trying to work the text backwards through science to make it fit our known knowledge. Of course it is never mentioned that this never includes what we don't know about how the universe came to be. At least until scientists figure it out then magically the bible has been saying that all along. Funny how that works.
edit on 30-10-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

God HAS a time scale, and he uses it to explain t i m e for us humble humans. When talking of t i m e God uses his t i m e s c a l e to express it to us. Get it? Humans have the clock. God has the whlat. It's heptagonal!

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I'm curious to know where your get this information from.
And why does god need a time scale? To be better at planning?
edit on 30-10-2017 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Why does something that exists outside of time even need to abide by time frames anyways? 1 day, 7 days, 1000 years, 4.6 billion years? Why does time matter to god in the first place? Didn't he allegedly create it to begin with?

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Why did Einstein talk of time?

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I'm presuming because he was as scientist and curious how it worked? Why ask a silly question like that? Einstein, no matter how smart he was, isn't god or even a god.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Well, I said Einstein because he was defining time? Why does anybody talk about time? You seem confused, isn't time relevant when talking about ages and days and what not?

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Why does something that exists outside of time even need to abide by time frames anyways? 1 day, 7 days, 1000 years, 4.6 billion years? Why does time matter to god in the first place? Didn't he allegedly create it to begin with?

I assume that time matters to god as otherwise he would not have created it would he.

Assuming of course that he did and is not a fabrication of course.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

I assume that time matters to god as otherwise he would not have created it would he.

Assuming of course that he did and is not a fabrication of course.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Let's play a thought experiment. Say you make a dog house for your dog to sleep in, does that mean you too need to live in that house as well?

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Too many 'assumptions' in this thread...

But my assumptions about this thread we're correct though...

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Well yeah. I am confused as I can't understand why you brought Einstein up considering the thread topic. It seems off topic or tangential at the most. Especially with how you didn't describe why he is related to how you think Genesis is an accurate depiction of the creation of the universe and how it spells out how the Solar System came to be.

First off, Einstein defined the relativity of time and theorized that time is relative based on nearby energy and gravity. He did not specifically define time though.

But hey, here's a fun thought. Since you brought up Einstein and now we are talking about relativity, how does relativity apply to God? He doesn't have mass (or does he?). So if he doesn't have mass then he doesn't produce gravity.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Let's play a thought experiment. Say you make a dog house for your dog to sleep in, does that mean you too need to live in that house as well?

I don't need to sleep in the dog house but that does not mean that I will not choose to sleep with the dog in his his house on occasion does it?

And if I do choose to sleep in the dog house for a night it does not mean I also have to eat dog food, lick my balls or feel the need to go and sniff another dogs arse does it?

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

I don't need to sleep in the dog house but that does not mean that I will not choose to sleep with the dog in his his house on occasion does it?

And if I do choose to sleep in the dog house for a night it does not mean I also have to eat dog food, lick my balls or feel the need to go and sniff another dogs arse does it?

What if you can't fit?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join