It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Actor Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
There are a lot of people with skeletons in the closet. This whole thing could tear our country apart if everyone starts blaming everyone going back fifty years. Alcohol tends to distort inhibitions, so do some meds. Women probably have a lot of stories to tell about things in their past. I know some girls that were pretty wild, hanging out with the bad boys. They learned not to go with that kind of guy, there was no future. So they changed and settled down with a decent guy who asked no questions about her past. And they had kids and grandkids and had a good life. Why would someone want to start opening up their past and get stressed out. Sometimes bad things set the stage for good things to happen.

I can see adressing rapes and stuff like that and calling in the police right away, but you can't start getting obsessed with the things that went bad in your life, focus on the good and lessen your risk of bad things ever happening again. Otherwise you will go nuts and live a life full of negativity. Why do people want to open up old wounds and start stressing themselves out again.

I am not saying I approve of a person raping people or grabbing at someone's butt but I am saying dwelling on it and allowing it to ruin your life is not right either. Letting that happen makes it much worse. I have never had anything like that happen so I cannot truely comprehend it. But if I had, I would bury it and look at the good out there. I have known some women who always set their target on the bad boys, I can't understand why they would want to torture themselves so bad. Some of the most popular guys were jerks, I couldn't understand why any girl would go out with them.

Except if Spacey is still in a rapey mood, this could stop him preying on other youngin's in 2017.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I wonder how many truly talented people have been shut out because they didn't play the game! Sometimes I watch a movie with a great plot, and wonder how such lousy actors got the part, now I know, I really know!

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I wonder how many truly talented people have been shut out because they didn't play the game! Sometimes I watch a movie with a great plot, and wonder how such lousy actors got the part, now I know, I really know!

I now watch a TV show and wonder what the poor actor or actress had to do to act. Hell even the music industry supposedly has the "gay mafia". What a sick culture.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

"Spacey appearing at the door, coming into the room, picking him up, and putting him on the bed — in one clumsy action, with Spacey landing at a slight angle on top of him"

Okay if true then obviously it's disgusting but - Read the above comment now imagine this - Spacey comes in, the 14 year old is in front of the television most likely also having had something to drink, come on we all know we would have a drink as well and is falling asleep, Spacey comes in and sees the kid falling asleep or thinks he is asleep and tries to put him onto the bed and being drunk couldn't make it and fell forward landing on the kid rousing him - Even in the article he says that he can't remember how long Spacey was on top of him etc.

As an Uncle, I've lifted one of my drunken sisters and a nephew (separate times) to their beds and have struggled to lift one of them (sister is a hefty girl) never fallen but I'm sure if I'd have been drinking as well (Which I don't. Two cans of Strongbow usually knows me out lol) I'd have fallen.

I'm not saying any of the above happened but it could be possible. Memory is a tricky BS.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dwoodward85

"Spacey appearing at the door, coming into the room, picking him up, and putting him on the bed — in one clumsy action, with Spacey landing at a slight angle on top of him"

Okay if true then obviously it's disgusting but - Read the above comment now imagine this - Spacey comes in, the 14 year old is in front of the television most likely also having had something to drink, come on we all know we would have a drink as well and is falling asleep, Spacey comes in and sees the kid falling asleep or thinks he is asleep and tries to put him onto the bed and being drunk couldn't make it and fell forward landing on the kid rousing him - Even in the article he says that he can't remember how long Spacey was on top of him etc.

As an Uncle, I've lifted one of my drunken sisters and a nephew (separate times) to their beds and have struggled to lift one of them (sister is a hefty girl) never fallen but I'm sure if I'd have been drinking as well (Which I don't. Two cans of Strongbow usually knows me out lol) I'd have fallen.

I'm not saying any of the above happened but it could be possible. Memory is a tricky BS.

Whoops you forgot this little part.

picked Rapp up, placed him on his bed, and climbed on top of him, making a sexual advance.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

WE are that sick culture that let this behavior go on and on because the victims know they would be punished and not believed. So they have to live with this disgust within themselves all their lives. Coming out now and feeling safe about sharing and getting support means everything.
My family experienced a horrible situation and was told you will not get the support of the law enforcement in my county and that was in 2000.
These are the things that ruin people's lives. It is supremely cathartic for the victims to be able to speak out. I am totally supportive of exposing these sick creatures and can only hope their exposure shuts down both their careers and opportunities to hurt other innocents.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

that sucks, spacey was one of few hollywood actors i actually like, was.

you know theres quite a few old time prophecies which mention as a sign "when the stars fall" often overlooked as how could stars fall, perhaps this was what it was really alluding too all that time, a context that couldnt be understood until the days when it mattered.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

originally posted by: rickymouse
There are a lot of people with skeletons in the closet. This whole thing could tear our country apart if everyone starts blaming everyone going back fifty years. Alcohol tends to distort inhibitions, so do some meds. Women probably have a lot of stories to tell about things in their past. I know some girls that were pretty wild, hanging out with the bad boys. They learned not to go with that kind of guy, there was no future. So they changed and settled down with a decent guy who asked no questions about her past. And they had kids and grandkids and had a good life. Why would someone want to start opening up their past and get stressed out. Sometimes bad things set the stage for good things to happen.

I can see adressing rapes and stuff like that and calling in the police right away, but you can't start getting obsessed with the things that went bad in your life, focus on the good and lessen your risk of bad things ever happening again. Otherwise you will go nuts and live a life full of negativity. Why do people want to open up old wounds and start stressing themselves out again.

I am not saying I approve of a person raping people or grabbing at someone's butt but I am saying dwelling on it and allowing it to ruin your life is not right either. Letting that happen makes it much worse. I have never had anything like that happen so I cannot truely comprehend it. But if I had, I would bury it and look at the good out there. I have known some women who always set their target on the bad boys, I can't understand why they would want to torture themselves so bad. Some of the most popular guys were jerks, I couldn't understand why any girl would go out with them.

Except if Spacey is still in a rapey mood, this could stop him preying on other youngin's in 2017.

Yeah, I can see him needing to go to jail. I think this should have been taken care of years ago by someone. I am more talking about skeletons in the closet referring to victims letting this stuff ruin their life.

I was giving kids rides on my farm tractor years ago at my daughters birthday party., they were the kids of good friends. I let them steer and shift and raise and lower the loader. A good friend of mine mentioned that I should not have them sit in my lap, it never even dawned on me that teaching kids to drive a tractor could be construed as being a pedophile. I thought about it and never gave any more kids rides, other than some of my grandkids after that. I could not comprehend that someone could take that as being child molesting, my dad taught us kids how to drive the tractor that way and also a few of my cousins. He was not interested in kids at all that way, neither was I. I am glad my friend actually informed me about that, I had no clue it was inappropriate to do that. I taught my daughter to drive sitting in my lap when she was young, maybe six years old. I figured I should teach her the basics in case I got hurt or had some sort of heart attack when we were out fishing or picking berries. There were no cell phones back then.

I look at some of this stuff and understand how families have no connection anymore. Someone seeing someone teaching their kid to drive a riding mower might get the cops called on them.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Wonder why conservatives are such a minority in Hollywood?

It's ironic how these predators are some of the most vocal supporters of feminism and "women's rights". It's so #ing fake.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

If true its disgusting and I hope Spacey goes down for it.

This hollywood scandal is becoming a real House of Cards.

Why do people say things like this?

Go down for what, exactly? How could he possibly go "down" for anything here. It's an unsubstantiated claim from a gay actor 31 years ago, where nothing actually happened, but he claims -- a drunk Kevin spacey wrestled him for a minute.

I don't even buy it honestly. Even if it did happen, it can't be proven, it's just his claim and it will always be just a claim. And that's the problem with making name and shame accusations 30 years later anyway, you don't get to do that even if it did happen, because you can't prove it -- so if it didn't happen, everyone is supposed to treat him like it did?

I really don't even....
edit on 29-10-2017 by SRPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I had a boss who once told me a story of when he was the manager at Burke Williams spa in LA, he had to 86 Kevin Spacey for being a total perv towards the male therapists.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Absolute power.......

We have no idea on how common this sort of thing is because of the victim is ashamed, their family is ashamed and then the monster continues to stalk.

People are hyper vigilant, and place blame or look for things that are not there. Sad.

I taught my kids the same way. But would never ever teach any other kids that way.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

They are that desperate over money and fame that they would rather let it go on instead of doing the right thing. Sickos, all of them.

you know that is one thing that has been on my mind, the ones coming out and making the claims waited all this time to say something. the ones that are older than dirt,i might could understand, things were different back then. but the ones that are not so old or middle aged for hollywood standards, reporting sexual assault, harassment has been preached now how long 30 years or more, hell even the ones older than dirt it was pushed to some extent.

was the desire to be a famous star stronger than reporting a crime? so what if your not going to get to be famous, you might have stopped it from happening to the next person, and made it known publicly and not a hush hush rumor ( and yes that's a reference to the movie).

and i know some are going to say that they were afraid to report it, ashamed, or just wanted to try and forget. well maybe one or two but that many in the same profession in the same town by the same people and known by many others. and no one spoke out.

not trying to be chauvinistic or dismissive here, but where was the strong independent women they make their selves out to be? they all couldn't have been that naive when they first got started. could they?

edit on 29-10-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Frank's underwood

originally posted by: Konduit

Wonder why conservatives are such a minority in Hollywood?

It's ironic how these predators are some of the most vocal supporters of feminism and "women's rights". It's so #ing fake.

Because that's their SHIELD. Typical SJW internet troll tactics on a grand stage there in Hollywierd.
edit on 29-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

This does not surprise me at all. Kevin spacey took several trips on the Lolita express with billy Clinton and Epstein. Pretty sure I even saw a picture of him on the pedophile island.

Been hoping this would come out.

FYI, two other celebs rumored to visit pedo island - pdiddy and Chris tucker.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo

Hollywood has gone pretty silent lately, to be honest. Haven't seen so many of the celebrity "establishment" types making big anti-Trump videos and spectacles for the past few weeks. I bet they're all holding their breath.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

a reply to: rickymouse

Absolute power.......

We have no idea on how common this sort of thing is because of the victim is ashamed, their family is ashamed and then the monster continues to stalk.

People are hyper vigilant, and place blame or look for things that are not there. Sad.

I taught my kids the same way. But would never ever teach any other kids that way.

Kids like to dig into a hill with a front end loader. Or push something like a stump into a pile. That was probably close to thirty years ago, people still did it around here back then but it was starting to become taboo.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

FYI, two other celebs rumored to visit pedo island - pdiddy and Chris tucker.

The corporate musicians always get turned out by the Gay Mafia / Velvet Mafia, in one way or another.

The actors now, kind of the same thing I figure the ones that are the most annoying AND get parts in every movie it seems like, are highly likely to be in "the big club", I am afraid.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: NobodiesNormalthis is EXACTLY what it was alluding too! There was also mention of the powerful elite would try to hide away from God's judgement in the deepest darkest cave, but the light would shine them out and expose their crimes and sins for all the world to see.

A synthetic machine pretending to be human was granted citizenship in Saudi Arabia this week, and not one person on ATS made a thread about it? That is #ing biblical man! A week late I may get to it, or maybe I will just try and pretend it is not happening like all others of the world who have closed their hearts to the truth and reject the obvious.

Brain control, robot citizens, the rich and powerful having all the dirty laundry aired out... the world armies converged in the middle East. Israel's great expansion by supporting the birth of Kurdistan. Too much of it seems to fall into place quite nicely with some prophetic warnings if you ask me.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Everyone knows Kevin Spacey likes men, that's been pretty well established for ... well, forever.

He's been hitting on young-ish interns on sets of movies and shows for the longest time. Don't any of you people read the "blinds"?

Kind of surprising and upsetting he'd make overtures at teenagers though.

I'd like to add that this stuff isn't more common among celebrities and the entertainment industry ... it just seems/sounds like that because these people are in the public spotlight. We all like and want to pretend that it's some kind of thing that happens among the wealthy and successful ... but pedos and rapists are everywhere in every population.
edit on 29-10-2017 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join