It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please don't forget the Kurds

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
You were deflecting.

Er, no. Like I said, I was correcting you. Would not want incorrect statements to stand, eh?

Anyway. Back to topic. The creation of a Kurdistan is a pipe dream. Only the Iraqi Kurds have any likelihood of obtaining independence or significant autonomy. Turkey has invested too much in preventing those Kurds unlucky enough to live in Turkey from any form of autonomy. Syrian Kurds and Iranian Kurds are persecuted.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Breaking news

On Sunday, angry protestors stormed the Iraqi Kurdistan Region Parliament after it accepted Kurdistan Region President Masoud Barzani resignation, and his plan to distribute his powers between the Kurdistan Region Government (KRG), the Parliament and the Judicial Council temporarily, according to Reuters News Agency. Kurdish sources reported that most protestors were supporters of Barzani and his Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP). The sources added that some protestors were even armed, and reported gunshots around and inside the parliament. The Kurdish sources also said that some Kurdish MP are still besieged inside the parliament building by the angry protestors. Most of the Kurdish MPs who were attacked by the protestors were from the Gorran Movement that oppose Barzani policies. The Kurdish-Iraqi news TV channel NRT said that the its reporter Rebwar Kakaiy has been injured severely after being attacked by angry protestors near the parliament building.
southfront.org... There is a vid of the action at the link

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

You were deflecting.

Er, no. Like I said, I was correcting you. Would not want incorrect statements to stand, eh?

Anyway. Back to topic. The creation of a Kurdistan is a pipe dream. Only the Iraqi Kurds have any likelihood of obtaining independence or significant autonomy. Turkey has invested too much in preventing those Kurds unlucky enough to live in Turkey from any form of autonomy. Syrian Kurds and Iranian Kurds are persecuted.

Not only twisting my posts and deflecting but rewriting history to reflect western agenda.

The Turks murdered Kurds wholesale prior to invading Northern Syria, where they remain, a tool under NATO's banner.

Shove that western narritive where it belongs, in the fake news file.

alalam news

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

As I said, I was correcting your false implication. Not twisting, but correcting. There's a difference.

You will not find me defending Turkey's poor human rights record and brutality against the Kurds. The Kurds in Turkey won't get autonomy. The Kurds in Syria were abused by Assad. Turkey's intervention in Northern Syria is probably more about stuffing the Kurds than saving Syria.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

a reply to: the2ofusr1

Didn't the Americans supply the gas used on the Kurds by Sadam ?

The Turks (under NATO) brutalized them too. And then NATO elicited their help fighting some ISIS. Now they are being marginalized again. When will they learn not to trust the West?

It is not the West that is oppressing them, it is their fellow Muslims. In addition to the oil fields of Northern Iraq being a bone of contention, the Kurds are ethnically distinct from both the Sunni Arabs and Turks, and the Shiite Persians. This makes for a high probability for ethnic cleansing and genocide.

It does. I wish they had their own state. Now THEY would need a wall. Several.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
is there anyone on this thread who personally know Kurds or related to Kurds ?

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

a reply to: DJW001

It is not the West that is oppressing them, it is their fellow Muslims.

I expect that from you. Millions dead and displaced, cities in ruin, gubments destroyed, an entire region of the world destabilized, Europe reeling from floods of refugees by the Hand of NATO and you just dismissed it all as muslim on muslim, as usual.

Bullies always blame their victims.

EUrope is ran by the EU. Not NATO. IF NATO ran it all then there woul dnot be any refugees/sleeper terrorist in the EU at all.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Turkey's intervention in Northern Syria is probably more about stuffing the Kurds than saving Syria.

Again, you are being deceptive. Turkey invaded Northern Syria as part of NATOs plan to 'make Assad go'.

They also support sending arms and 21 flavor insurgents into Syria, let US military use their air base, suppress the Kurds, all part of NATO operations to "Regime Change" the beleaguered country of Syria. All in violation of International Law.

All covertly, all denied by agents like you that bury the truth on Social Media Websites.

Yah, you.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

I expect that from you. Millions dead and displaced, cities in ruin, gubments destroyed, an entire region of the world destabilized, Europe reeling from floods of refugees by the Hand of NATO and you just dismissed it all as muslim on muslim, as usual.

EUrope is ran by the EU. Not NATO. IF NATO ran it all then there woul dnot be any refugees/sleeper terrorist in the EU at all.

Really? Thats precisely why they let refugees flood into Europe. Hopefully they make trouble (go figure) so the US and EU (NATO) can justify more defense spending to the people.

By the way, the military runs things now, haven't you heard? They, the banks and factories for war.

Geez what rock you living under?

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Are you trying to make people believe that Ankara takes lessons from NATO? Turkey does what it believes best for Turkey, and under Erdogan it has been a slide to the right. Bring Islamism to the fore and repress the ethnic minorities. Turkey went in to Syria using the rhetoric approved by its allies but it has definitely been playing its own game. Erdogan and Putin have been tight ever since Erdogan called Putin's bluff by shooing down a Russian jet. That proved he had the necessary cochones. As Turkey acquires its own nuclear deterrent, it will no longer need to maintain its sham relationship with NATO.
edit on 30-10-2017 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Really? Thats precisely why they let refugees flood into Europe. Hopefully they make trouble (go figure) so the US and EU (NATO) can justify more defense spending to the people.

By the way, the military runs things now, haven't you heard? They, the banks and factories for war.

Geez what rock you living under?

Are you saying that Trump has led a military coup for bankers? Wow!

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Are you trying to make people believe that Ankara takes lessons from NATO? Turkey does what it believes best for Turkey,

You are trying to deflect away from Turkey membership in NATO which dictates their Military role in the "Coaltiion", i.e., NATO operations in Syria.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   
"Forum Sliding" -- Oft employed internet tactic, dragging content off topic, burying any value under pages of deflection and cover up.

The usual suspects are always recognizable, when they hear the word NATO, the flock to a thread like flies on s***.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Again, you are being deceptive.

Please feel free to demonstrate what I say is incorrect, but pleased you now recognise your error. It is well recorded that Turkey's main interest in Syria is to prevent the Kurds in Northern Syria from calving-out an independent enclave. That and the NATO involvement against ISIS.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
the Kurds will be fine, while I fully expect the west to abandon them once again they have been targeted for a long long time in that region.

They may lose the lowlands, but worst case the fall back into the mtns and dig in and rebuild their strength then return the favor, the kurdish state is dead for now but I doubt the dream is gone just delayed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join