It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Member - weird experience - input appreciated

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Good day ATS -

I have been aware of this site for some time although admittedly never really gave it much thought as I considered it to be rife with lunatics and attention seekers. After going through some of the forums I find that doesn't actually seem to be the case and ATS seems to be committed to sincerely do it's best to just find out what the hell is going on.

I have a really strange experience with what I guess you would call a UFO - but first my background so you can judge my story a little better.

I recently retired from the Canadian Military as an NCO. I served 14 years as an Infantryman with a short stint in the special forces. I fought in Afghanistan and served all around the country and was extremely fortunate to visit many parts of the world that otherwise I would have never had the opportunity to see and all without any significant injury. (PTSD and hearing aid not withstanding:up

I have worked closely with other nations units including the UK, United States, Australia, Portugal to name a few. I have what I would call more than a laymans understanding of aircraft, drones, military tactics and procedures, flares and general "sky weirdness" that someone with 0 experience like mine may misinterpret as something else.

That being said, I am certain I witnessed a UFO in the fall of last year. It was almost so surreal and obvious I laughed it seemed so silly, but I'll get to the point.

I'm walking with my wife and children (in their strollers) around the residential area of the base I was posted to, sometime around 4pm around late september or early october of 2016. This was (I know, I know...) maybe the 2nd or 3rd time in years I had left my phone at home charging as it didn't have much battery left and I just wanted to get away from it for an hour or two - you know, like how everyone was before cell phones lol.

We are just walking as usual, I was looking at someone's house that was being renovated. There was a giant mess on the lawn. Scaffolding, roofing tile, window parts etc. At that moment my wife asked me "Hey, is that one of those drone things or a helicopter?"

I looked to where she was pointing and started to explain "Yeah thats uh... that's uh..." fully expecting any second my brain would register it and bring back the data from my internal computer identifying it as a drone or aircraft I'm familiar with. Instead, it was blatantly just a floating, silver metallic disc. Just like you'd see in the movies or what have you. Exactly like that.

Like I said, it was so silly and blatant it was almost ridiculous. I sort of laughed and we both just stared at it for a moment and almost as if it somehow noticed that we 'noticed' it, it started to shrink or something. It's hard to describe but the best way I can put it is, it started to shrink or collapse on itself the way perhaps a camera lens or the iris of your eye will do when exposed to bright lights but slower. Within about 30 seconds it had vanished entirely, or at least seemed to. The spot in the air it was hovering wasn't more than 150 or 200 feet in the air. It didn't just hover but kind of wobbled like a football or like someone trying to keep their balance on one of those stability balls you see at the gym.

We just continued our walk occasionally looking back at it but there was nothing more to see, and that was that. I reported the incident to MUFON and just went on with my life I suppose - but every now and then I can out in my car or going to the gym or something and just remember "Oh yeah... UFOs are a thing... ".

It was easier and more fun to speculate on when it was an abstract concept like the boogeyman or bigfoot - but having actually seen one fairly close, in broad daylight, with another witness that I trust (my wife) ... you can't just ignore it after that. It's fairly troubling to say the least.

There's definitely no craft available in this country at least that can do anything like that (go into cloaking mode? what is this star trek? Did it teleport?) that I'm aware of and I've been to sensitive places in our military before. What it was doing just chilling out above one of our biggest military installations seemingly nonchalant in the middle of the day is another question.

Anyone else ever experience anything like this ? Does anyone else have any ideas of what those are ?

Disclaimer: I'm not a "UFO expert" or anything like that but I have followed the topic with interest for some time, and I've seen most of the common stuff you can find on the internet that everyone else has (documentaries, youtube, declassified documents and the like) so I'm not totally ignorant but I'd like to know more about it if anyone can tell me.

Thanks for reading

Cheers

J

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JMack674

There's definitely no craft available in this country at least that can do anything like that (go into cloaking mode? what is this star trek? Did it teleport?) that I'm aware of and I've been to sensitive places in our military before. What it was doing just chilling out above one of our biggest military installations seemingly nonchalant in the middle of the day is another question.

Anyone else ever experience anything like this ? Does anyone else have any ideas of what those are ?

Definitely Tom Delonge.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Hahaha, I watched that podcast.

My 2c on that guy - before the podcast I wasn't sure what to think but I was interested. Now, not so much. The guy's a shill, out of his mind, being played out by someone else (Mirage Men, Richard Doty scenario anyone?) or all three. Lots of sniffling going on , maybe he likes to enjoy blow as well, I have no idea.

He came across to me as a narcissist and extremely naive. A fun drinking game would be to take a shot everytime he talks about "me" or "I" in a thread about how much smarter he is than everyone else or how he's discovered some kind of secret he can't talk about. On second thought don't do that - you may die of alcohol poisoning.

Rogan wasnt buying it at all, and telling Jamie under his breath it was bull# when Tom wasn't looking. Pretty funny.

Wasn't a total waste though, I had written off Bob Lazar as a talented fraudster but I wasnt aware of the element 115 thing. What's the community consensus on that guy? I'm rewatching his old videos, still fairly convincing but I'm not a scientist so like Rogan said it's very hard to say if he's making # up or not.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: JMack674

Welcome to ATS!

A private joke I have with friends is you just got "woobied" otherwise known as having your consciousness expanded unwillingly and unexpectedly.

It may help to remember that our eyes only register part of what we see, so it may be what you saw actually has a normal explanation but as a witness your eyes only "registered" portions of it. And by "normal" I mean tech still in the black, but not unheard of in certain circles.

Still...welcome to the asylum, have a cookie!

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS JMack!

You never look at the sky or stars quite the same, do you?

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Haha thank you, appreciate it.

I was never in doubt that they existed - after reading the things I could find and making my own judgement ( I mean when you have astronauts, pilots, all kinds of different credible people saying clearly they saw them..) I was pretty sure they exist but had never actually saw one so it remained an abstract concept to me.

I've never seen an elephant before either. I'm confident they exist, but it would be a totally different experience to see one up close and appreciate its size etc. I've also never been in the presence of a crocodile or silver back gorilla lol but I'm pretty sure they exist

This was almost... underwhelming? lol You kind of picture in your mind the day you see a UFO for real and theres lights and sounds and maybe aliens or something and maybe some running and screaming - but the real thing wasn't anything like how I imagined it to be. I'd have a different opinion had it attacked me or something.

Can't obviously say it was alien or a drone or what but... it was absolutely one of those metal flying discs you can find endless examples of online in videos and photos. What struck me as interesting was almost this feeling that "it" whatever it was, knew that we had noticed it and were watching and just kinda snuck away. It started vanishing almost the second I started observing it.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Illumimasontruth

Haha hell no! I check out everything I see up there now. Have yet to see anything I can't explain away, but I keep an eye out. I don't look at the moon the same way anymore either.

I just want to know what the hell is going on before I get old and die, that's my only wish lol

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Seen one, 3 summers ago. Flying at night, no lights or sound.
Wasn't silver. Darker.
Cruising if you like, maybe a few miles up. Difficult to say exactly.
I tracked it over my house and off as far as I could focus.

I only noticed it because I was looking at something else... satellite I think...

Pure chance I saw it.

edit on 28-10-2017 by EA006 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

Sounds like a interesting story. Assuming you aren't lying, and it wasn't just a cloud you and the wife were checking out, then its certainly interesting. I imagine you have been doing a bit of skeptical research also, to outside of alpha centurians checking up on us, what other options could it be that could be feasable?

I think this thread should hit the exception and be tossed in the UFO forum...its pretty interesting.

btw, any way to prove your credentials (masking name but showing certs or something) so we know it isn't just some 14 year old channer trolling the nutjobs at ats?

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS!

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Hi and welcome!
Do you know much about balloons? They do wabble as you describe and if it leaked it would shrink until you would not see it fall? So did that occur to you at all at the time?

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

that is an interesting story and you have a good background ...knowlegable about stuff in the sky...did you ask around the base if anyone else saw it (if so did they take a pic???? nothing in the local paper or talk on line in the area at that time???...welcome too ATS!

thanks for sharing with us!

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I can yes, but why would I do that and how would I do that ? I don't really have any incentive to do so and not much else to say except the story I've already shared lol Plus I'm what you might consider a sensible person that avoids posting any personal information online for the obvious reasons.

If I can figure out how to upload something maybe I'll humor you. I have photos and retirement certificates and unit coins, graduation certificates etc stuff like that but honestly (not trying to be rude or anything) I really don't feel like hooking up my scanner and going through all that copying and uploading just to satisy your particular curiosity

Trust me, I know the difference between a cloud and a large metal flying machine right in my face in the middle of the day. Matter of fact, what grown adult DOESNT know that ? If you can find them, please direct them to the nearest hospital so we can keep them away from children and explosives.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

You asked for it...

This was (I know, I know...) maybe the 2nd or 3rd time in years I had left my phone at home charging as it didn't have much battery left and I just wanted to get away from it for an hour or two - you know, like how everyone was before cell phones lol.

The one time in 'years' you just happen to 'you know, you know', be away from that camera, is the time you have a sighting. What a coincidence. Is that becoming the standard disclaimer, these days?

Okay, discarding that, you described:

Instead, it was blatantly just a floating, silver metallic disc. Just like you'd see in the movies or what have you. Exactly like that.
---
The spot in the air it was hovering wasn't more than 150 or 200 feet in the air. It didn't just hover but kind of wobbled like a football or like someone trying to keep their balance on one of those stability balls you see at the gym.

How do we rule out a tethered something, party balloon, big sale, come on down 'blimp' type thingy?

A 'similar' misidentification.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Definitely not a balloon. It didn't pop or float away, (we used recon balloons overseas sometimes for forward observers/artillery guys, like ghetto world war 1 losers - Canada is not particularly rich in equipment lol) it literally shrank into itself. Like how a camera lens will shrink and expand depending on the focus - it was just like that.

(Cant figure out why I cant multi-quote replies)

research100 -

I didn't bother really, who would you tell ? I was on my way out of the military at that time but as per everywhere else in the world Canada isn't special and if you show up somewhere (MPs, local police) reporting flying saucers you're going to be looked at like you need to be medicated.

Besides that, what would/could anyone do ? Within 30 seconds it vanished and I had no photos or anything so..
As far as I know, there was nothing in the news about it or anything to that effect. It may have only been visible for the length of time we saw it (under a minute) or maybe even only to our area of the ground for whatever reason (im not going to pretend I know how these things work, nor am I a physicist or can explain light or photons to people).

It kinda wobbled a bit like it was trying to keep its balance or something then suddenly started to shrink. At first it looked like it was flying away, DIRECTLY away because its position in the sky didn't change just its overall shape got smaller and smaller until it seemed to actually be shrinking or at least my ability to see it was shrinking. Like the camera lens effect or tunnel vision or something. It didn't just vanish instantly but it took a little while, maybe 30 seconds.

I also recally squinting alot trying to make out as much detail as I possibly could but couldn't see much else besides it was a grey/silver color and the sun was reflecting off of it. There was also maybe some kind of a haze like you'd see behind the exhaust of a jet or exhausts from a helicopter where the air is very hot , covering the entire thing - until it was just gone.

Or maybe it wasn't gone, and it was still there but hiding.

The one day I didn't have my phone on me! Even if I did though, I think it may not have mattered it happened so fast and it was hard to take my eyes off it, afraid I would miss something, like if I blinked it would be gone.

Thankfully my wife was with me so I know I didn't hallucinate it, otherwise that possibly would be highly concerning to me lol

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

You asked for it...

This was (I know, I know...) maybe the 2nd or 3rd time in years I had left my phone at home charging as it didn't have much battery left and I just wanted to get away from it for an hour or two - you know, like how everyone was before cell phones lol.

The one time in 'years' you just happen to 'you know, you know', be away from that camera, is the time you have a sighting. What a coincidence. Is that becoming the standard disclaimer, these days?

Really man? I went through all this trouble just to post a pretty mediocre - event-less story on the internet for what purpose exactly ?

Besides that, try witnessing something like that - and digging your phone out of your pocket, dialing the unlock code, getting to the camera app, adjusting the zoom and options correctly , focusing on the object and taking clear pictures all in under 20 or 30 seconds.

How many photos of these things exist already? Thousands ?
edit on 28-10-2017 by JMack674 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-10-2017 by JMack674 because: fixed quotes

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

How do we rule out a tethered something, party balloon, big sale, come on down 'blimp' type thingy?

A 'similar' misidentification.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

What my wife and I saw was much much larger than this, and literally shrank into itself and disappeared over 30 seconds right in front of our eyes. It also stayed in place as it shrank - for a balloon twice the size of a chinook helicopter rapidly losing air thats a pretty interesting balloon.

Plus, it was in the residential area of the base a pretty good distance from anywhere. This base is about 2 hours (CFB Petawawa) from anywhere that would make any sense to be having "big sale" balloons floating around. It's a small army town of pretty much exclusively army guys.

Theres pizza shops and car dealerships. You have to drive 45 minutes just to find the nearest wal mart and the nearest real city is Ottawa almost 2 hours away.
edit on 28-10-2017 by JMack674 because: fixed quote

edit on 28-10-2017 by JMack674 because: added info about object position

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

What my wife and I saw was much much larger than this, and literally shrank into itself and disappeared over 30 seconds right in front of our eyes. It also stayed in place as it shrank - for a balloon twice the size of a chinook helicopter rapidly losing air thats a pretty interesting balloon.

Yes it would be. Shrinking (deflating) while staying in place (tethered) is anther way of looking at it.

Plus, it was in the residential area of the base a pretty good distance from anywhere.

Getting more difficult to remain objective.

I'm Sure you saw some-thing But-- excluding actual imagery, we have to rule out other possibilities first.

Which we can't.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Yes it would be. Shrinking (deflating) while staying in place (tethered) is anther way of looking at it.

Plus, it was in the residential area of the base a pretty good distance from anywhere.

Getting more difficult to remain objective.

I'm Sure you saw some-thing But-- excluding actual imagery, we have to rule out other possibilities first.

Which we can't.

Then why bother? I'm not going to have my intelligence insulted as if I can't differentiate a balloon from a huge floating machine in plain view. But yeah maybe, the residents of CFB Petawawa are known to tether enormous ballons over their rented homes on government property - in restricted airspace where our helicopter squadrons train around the clock. Sure thing.

I regret posting anything - nevermind, it isn't worth the aggrivation.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: JMack674
If I can figure out how to upload something maybe I'll humor you. I have photos and retirement certificates and unit coins, graduation certificates etc stuff like that but honestly (not trying to be rude or anything) I really don't feel like hooking up my scanner and going through all that copying and uploading just to satisy your particular curiosity

Yeah, something like that would be cool, simply because every other week or so we have all types of claims coming in, from super secret high level folks, aliens, deities, etc...ATS often becomes a creative writing exercise and you know..internet, not everyone can be taken at face (text) value.

Just something to confirm you aren't some local schmuck...a cert with the name blocked out and perhaps your hand with your username written on it. Even then, its not like that somehow = authentic claim of a proper not of earth origin craft...just shows it isn't some random medicated yahoo stating such stuff.

Up to you either way though, you aren't obligated to provide evidence, just would be nice. Doesn't have to be today, just eventually if you find the time and feel like it one day.

Either way, enjoy your stay here at the nuthouse

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join