It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suburbicon...review

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The Cohen bros/Cloony film was panned mostly in Rotten Tomatoes but I liked it. A period film 1959 w/ Matt Damon and Julianne Moore as principal characters; plenty of unexpected twist, good screenplay, excellent supporting cast, flawless locations, cars and iconic characters.

I took the Movie as a dark, dark comedy with some social commentary, certainly different and not for everybody!

edit on 28-10-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

No synopsis?

edit on 28-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I'll wait till I can see it on Netflix.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

No synopsis?

Nope, no spoilers from me. After about 20 min. into the film, most film buffs have it figured out and the rest is just entertainment.
edit on 28-10-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Generally a synopsis is merely the premise of the affair.

Although some films are done best going in blind.

Like with Dark City I had seen the trailers but beyond that... we showed up late to the theater and missed the opening text that basically tells you its an alien 'something'.

So we showed up and right till the very last minute almost it was a total mystery trying to figure out WTF is this crazy place (that had a murder mystery plot playing out i it no less).

Later it was one of the first 3 DVD's I ever bought, and right there at the beginning I was floored by how they ruined it for most people spilling the beans on the most ultimate multlayered mystery film possible.

But that's an extreme case study of a film being best going in blind.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

most film buffs have it figured out and the rest is just entertainment.

The critics hate it, so I'll hold out hope. If the mSm hate something, it cant be all bad.

reviews

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
I went to see it last night, and it was in my opinion the worst movie I have seen in years.
I have been more entertained waking up early for work on a monday morning.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I am so done with Clooney (way past his prime-never been a fav actor of mine) and Damon who really feels his opinions on everything is of utmost importantance. I think many others feels the same-about Hollywood entertainers in general, too.

I never go to theatres anymore-Netflix is fine for me.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSilverGate
I went to see it last night, and it was in my opinion the worst movie I have seen in years.
I have been more entertained waking up early for work on a monday morning.

Lots of movies become marginalized like that. Your 'review' is subjective. What was so 'awful' about it?

I'm hoping its like The Burbs, Crash or Falling Down.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

I find Julianne Moore to be completely hideous. She is next level ugly to the extent that she ruins any film she is in for me.

edit on 2017/10/28 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The movie Rubber was much better.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

The original cut of Dark City was less spoilery at the beginning, the directors cut was more so. Still an awesome film regardless.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

So funny you said that. I've never thought she was a good actress besides being just, sorry, fugly. She practically ruined "Boogie Nights" for me and that's saying something not to mention one of my all time favorites "The Big Lewbowski."

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
It felt completely scattered, like there was way too much chaos in the storyline. There was nothing exciting that happened, nothing really funny, nothing thrilling...it was just bland and kind of awkward I guess. I have watched many a movie others have given bad reviews and I enjoyed it, this one though, no.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheSilverGate
It felt completely scattered, like there was way too much chaos in the storyline. There was nothing exciting that happened, nothing really funny, nothing thrilling...it was just bland and kind of awkward I guess. I have watched many a movie others have given bad reviews and I enjoyed it, this one though, no.

Thanks for that review, now I still don't know anything about it.

Edit: If you can't give a, "For instance, this one scene--" then you shouldn't review it.

I said I hoped it would 'be like' The 'Burbs, Falling Down or Crash... thats pretty focused. Ever see any of those?
edit on 29-10-2017 by intrptr because: Edit:

new topics

top topics

join