It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

to dot, or not to dot Marlin model 1895 SBL .45-70 Aimpoint, or Eotech

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

I have lusted after this rifle near 40 of my 50 years. I appreciate your appreciation

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
Well, I just grabbed a vortex Razor from my local armory to play with and see if I like it. I can appreciate what Erno86 said above, but with my mini 30, ive been great out 100yds +, and I wont be shooting the .45-70 beyond 200 yards.

ill let ya know how she goes.

I like my Vortex Razor HD Generation II, Jerry Miculek crosshairs, 1-6x, 30 mm rings, with a Wilson Combat QD scope mount, mounted on one of my AR's. Like Miculek says: "It's built like a tank."

Having the scope on the lowest power setting, when walking through the woods [still hunting], is the best way to go.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Know what you mean,wanted one for years and finally got it.Great for the thick stuff and of the deer me and nephew have shot,not one has took a single step. reply to: BlueJacket

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ridgerunner

What are you using for deer? 325gr Hornaday lever-evolution?

Or 405 grain?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I know you were interested inpeople with experience on your type of rifle. I don't have that, but I have used the same model Eotech you mentioned and an Aimpoint micro and an Aimpoint M2, maybe? On work guns. These are used for close -range work. However, a couple of guys on our team have gone to a 1-4 and 1-6 power variable optic. They are just as quick within 50 or 25 yards as someone with a RDS only. They are true 1X on low though. Some optics will be 1.25X on low.

With an Aimpoint or Eotech, you can easily shoot from 50-100 yards.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: snaplink

Thanks, I'm having solid results at 50yds on my home range, only I grabbed a Vortex Razor on sale (100 off). Next I go out to 100yds, then to the field.

I appreciate your insight

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket Shot 400 gr Speers,switched to 300 grain hollowpoints .Have loaded some lever-evolutions and not had a chance to see how they shoot.Pretty much any bullet works for deer,hogs and bear would probably go back to the Speer load.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

I have a Marlin 1895 Guide Gun 45-70.
I have a B&L Elite 3200 glass on it,
At 100 yards with Buffalo Bore 400 grain it'll stop a freight train.
My favorite iron.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join