It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom DeLonge Opens UFO Investigation Company? Video exposes Tom Delonge

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

could be him, he prob has a few screen names on here, to think he said he used to be one of us, but now he toys with us.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: dan121212
didn't he say long ago "read between the lines" sounds like none of you are

That would certainly be an odd way for DeLonge to try to get The Truth™ out to the public -- i.e., by putting that truth "between the lines".

If there is a truth to be told to which he is privy (or has figured out), just f'in tell it.

It's more likely he simply has the same information everyone else has access to, but he seems to have no BS filter on that information. That is, he believes everything he reads on the internet without scrutinizing the validity of that information.

edit on 30/10/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: CardDown
New abbreviation to indicate you saw the discussion on the ex-Blink boy, but didn't want to bother with the trivia:

TDL;DR

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

You will note I created an account, that this is my first post, and I did that to say this:
--"Well Said, Mr TrueBrit. Well said indeed. You literally pulled the words from my head regarding Tom DeLonge"--

A few of my favorite parts;
-'The human race...should know EVERY single little thing there is to know, pertaining to UFO...not low grade
pop stars, or generals'
-'If you are going to move in the UFO circle, you do not capitulate, you do not back down, you do not permit
secrets to be kept, you tell all that you see, all that you hear, leave no detail out, and provide evidence.'

I hope to see more of your accurate observations.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: dan121212

Wow. You are perfect DeLonge Cult material. So YOU were able to crack the sham, jerkoff-song-writing dope's secret "in between the lines" code, huh? Well, my BS meter just exploded out the stinky end and I aint buying it champ. You didn't figure out anything, because there is nothing "in between the lines". That is like saying you solved the scavenger hunt mystery designed by my 5 year old. Or that you are the smartest kid on the short bus. Congratulations, you are one of 2 things; either dumb enough to fall for TOM FREAKIN DELONGE's commercialized, unverified version of Disclosure, or, you think Tome DeLonge is smart enough to hide massive secrets (not with a 'k' either) in plain site, meaning he actually knows something regarding ETIs, the ET origin of UFOs, proof of life in the universe other than on Earth.

You should buy some t-shirts and other apparel and become a legit cheerleader.....I mean groupy......I mean TTS Academy Certified UFOlogst.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Patience everyone.. It takes time to de-plagiarize your own version of somone else's comic book.

"Figured out something no one else has" = he thinks he read something revolutionary on the internet.
edit on 3-11-2017 by BigBangWasAnEcho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I saw parts of the interview from another YouTuber who kind of broke things down. My question(s) are this: Did Tom Have this idea from the start or was it something he kind of fell into? It seems like something that was quite planned from the beginning especially after he left Blink-182's revival moment. This was a problem that Mark and Travis had with him before and hearing that it was becoming more about him. So could this in a way just be his way of making things about him getting back into the spotlight of sorts?

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DaveGydeon

There are few things that perturb me as much, within the UFOlogy related community, as shills and snake oil salesmen.

There has been a procession of these people over the years, claiming all manner of special access and insider information, from alleged ex-intelligence operatives who claim to have visited other worlds as part of an exchange program between our government and alien intelligences, to people who claim to have found methods of communicating with alien life forms by way of meditation, all the while insisting that people accept their credentials as scientists, to cult leaders who literally spin webs so thick and powerful, that by the time the existence of alien life is revealed to the acolyte by nothing more than hearsay and anecdote, they are too deep in the cults mess to extract themselves without significant loss.

I grow weary of it. There is something to know, something which as yet is not known, or proven in any notable regard. There are people out there who are dedicated to watching the sky, making recordings of their findings, making observations, doing genuine research which comes to reasonable conclusions based on evidence there discovered. None of these people are receiving one tenth the attention that the sensationalists and the snake oil salesmen have had.

When there is something new discovered, something learned for certain, when someone not only has a story to tell, but some forensically viable proof which vindicates their entire accounting of an event or claim, then my ears will be open as can be. But when it comes to people like DeLonge, and the matchstick men who have come before him, I remain utterly unimpressed, and I am glad that I am not the only one. One of the most dangerous things about people like that, is that they operate a personality cult, utilising tricks of language and of confidence, to draw in the unwary. People like him are the reason that it is so hard for actual, serious scientists to connect themselves to the UFOlogy community, or to the study of aerial phenomena, investigation of UFO sightings and landings, and the like. Simply put, while fools like DeLonge are involved with the subject, we will never get folk with serious scientific credentials, working on the issue in any great number, in an independent manner.

If the government do have such persons working on the issue, then that does us no good. We need independent, not government controlled scientific support from genuine, well renowned scientists in the fields of physics, biology, forensics and the like, teams of them. The UFO community however, can barely count single digits of professional scientists who are prepared to be named as supporters of it, nor contributors to its knowledge base, precisely because we have these fools fouling the pitch, making it impossible for serious scientists to be involved, without being laughed out of every professional body they are a part of.

This nonsense has to end. The subject must, eventually, be taken over by reasoning, rational people with critical thinking skills and scientific acumen, and unfortunately, with Tom DeLonge sinking his talons into the witless, that day only seems further away than it did when I was first reading up on the subject.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

There are few things that perturb me as much, within the UFOlogy related community, as shills and snake oil salesmen.

Maybe I'm naive, but I don't think DeLonge is a snake oil salesman.

That is to say, I don't think he is a fraud who is intentionally trying to take people's money. I do think DeLonge is gullible and believes everything he reads on the internet as being true (he believes everything that agrees with his pre-conceived notions).

He is not a very good investigator because he seems to have a terrible filter - he ignores evidence that goes against what he WANTS to believe, while taking too much stock in the evidence that supports what he wants to believe, no matter the quality of the evidence.

So I think he truly believes in what he is selling here. His beliefs might be misguided, but I don't think he is being intentionally fraudulent.

edit on 2017/11/3 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Box of Rain

Box of Rain,

I would love to believe that he is not just another snake oil salesman... BUT...

When an honest person comes across data which is important and ought to be shared, they JUST share it. They do not formulate a business plan, then go ahead and start a company, then promo that company relentlessly while smattering that sales patter with references to things they "don't want to get into right now".

Here is an example. Edward Snowden. That fellow came across some data, put himself and his liberty at extreme risk, for no financial incentive what so ever, placed himself in some significant hardship initially as it happens, in order to get that data to the people who needed to have it. He did not wait to release that data, until he had written a book, signed a television or movie contract, or started a company. He just went to those he felt he could trust to handle the data correctly, handed it off, and then began the process of hopping from place to place, with the United States government up his tailpipe until taking refuge in Russia.

Tom DeLonge however, claims to have data, but needs to start a company and have merchandising and branding and Christ alone knows what else, in order to have his "truth" displayed before us. The HELL with that, quite frankly. Its dodgier than a Neo supercut from the Matrix.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   

It's further shown according to the creator of the video that Delonge shuffled 400k of debt from business to business, finally placing it in his new venture, which additionally seems to be selling highly marked up shares.

Nailed it. Textbook financial fraud.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Box of Rain

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Maybe I'm naive, but I don't think DeLonge is a snake oil salesman.

That is to say, I don't think he is a fraud who is intentionally trying to take people's money. I do think DeLonge is gullible and believes everything he reads on the internet as being true (he believes everything that agrees with his pre-conceived notions).

He is not a very good investigator because he seems to have a terrible filter - he ignores evidence that goes against what he WANTS to believe, while taking too much stock in the evidence that supports what he wants to believe, no matter the quality of the evidence.

So I think he truly believes in what he is selling here. His beliefs might be misguided, but I don't think he is being intentionally fraudulent.

No, Joe called him out several times to simply tell us some name or piece of information that he has that no one else is aware of yet.
Something to back up his extraordinary claims. TD said he HAS amazing information but each time Joe got fed up and simply said "tell me" TD flatly refused and said it's not time or whatever BS excuse he used each time.

So TD KNOWS that he has no special reveal to share with anyone. He knows that when he says "I can't say right now....." that there really isn't anything to say, it's complete fraud.

If he had classified information he would have said it immediately before he was assassinated or arrested. He would actually end up making much more money the more insider information he could reveal and allow the public to verify it.

It's not like if he gave away his insider knowledge it would hurt his company. People would flock to him if he had some impressive and verifiable secrets to share. The more stuff he could share the more people would know for sure he was an actual insider and people would send him money like crazy.

And if he had secrets but knew he had to wait to share them he would simply wait until that time that he was allowed to talk about everything and then he would ask for money and do all this public speaking.

What's he's actually doing is basic fraud 101. But he's aiming at ufo people who tend to be younger and open minded. Which means they haven't encountered all the scams yet.

When my ex-wife and I first moved to Boston she got scammed by the kid in the parking garage who was all "my car won't start, I just need bus fare so I can get home to the suburbs.."
Oddly enough apparently that same dude's car kept breaking down every day in the same parking garage and he keeps having to bum the $7 commuter rail fare from someone else every day. Wow what crappy luck that guy has.

It cost us $7 but we learned the lesson and the 200 other times people pulled that stunt at the MBTA stations we knew to just keep walking.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join